TTC #1 -- Need a buddy!

Hey Rosa

Well technically this is my second MC, as I had a "chemical pregnancy", ie early loss at just under 5weeks in the cycle before this recent pregnancy. With the recent one, the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, so that's why my doctor wants to do some tests - to see if there's something in me that's preventing a pregnancy - it could be progesterone, blood clotting issues, thyroid issues - who knows.

My cycles are usually fairly short (24 days) but regular.. I definitely want to get medical results and not diagnose myself and start taking all sorts of supplements etc

edit: forgot to add : The doctor told me to wait "a few cycles" before trying again, but there's info saying there's no actual physical reason to have to wait but if you wait then it's easier to date and also allows you to get over it emotionally etc.
For myself, because this was so drawn out, I would like to wait for AF just to see that my body is behaving normally (with hormones etc)

Susan, that's a tough one about whether to prevent or not. I don't know what to say on that one. You're right though that it would be upsetting if it happened again and you hadn't had the tests.

Rosa, I'm doing pretty well, much better than a few weeks ago. Nausea has subsided which is a great relief. Now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the itchy skin all over, but mainly boobs and tummy. It's making me crazy! and I'm spending a load of $ on various creams and oils but to no avail...

Fingers crossed for all of you this cycle!

Wow, you lot were busy last night, I go to bed and look what I miss! (Damn those time zones! lol)

Nothing to report here, about 3/5 dpo (can't be totally sure) and no symptoms to spot yet.

I have a painful back though, as hubby and I were messing around in bed (but not like that!) I playfully kicked his leg, but before I got mine away he got me back and it jarred my back, what a silly girl I am! lol It's not even like he did it hard, just I have a dreadful back at the best of times! Maybe it'll take my mind off the symptom spotting when it starts!

Glad to hear everyone's ok. Xx

Susan, I agree with waiting for your body to normalize, even though it stinks to wait. :wacko: I'm sorry you're going through all of this. :hugs: I hope you and your doc can figure out what it will take to hold on to your next little bean.

Rducky, glad to hear that you're doing well minus the itchy skin! That's weird! Is that a normal pregnancy symptom?? Never heard of it, but I can imagine you must be going MAD!

MissSazra, haha! Sorry to hear that your back hurts...my dh and I have totally done that before and regretted it later! :haha:

Afm, 98.1 this morning! I was shocked, because I thought for sure that the 98 yesterday was a fluke. I hope it stays high!

MissSazra sorry about the sore back :)

Rosa - I don't temp but that's good you are pleased with your temps :)

Well, I've decided it will be best to prevent if needed until AF - we DTD two nights ago (first time since this all began) and then last night I was getting pains like ovulation pains, and it freaked me out that it might mean there was a possibility I could get pregnant again (meaning I don't want to right now) - I think it wasn't actually OV pains though, just gas or something :)

TGIF!!!

Oooh, Rosa, your chart is looking great!!! 7DPO, so perhaps a dip will come in the day or so but FX it goes right back up again!!! oooo, baby dust for you!!!

SMFirst, that is probably a good idea to prevent this time around, good luck!!! :)

MissSazra; we totally do that sorta thing too! hahaha! Baby dust to you toooooo! :D

Susan, how long do you have to wait?

Flying, thank you!! I'm pretty excited about my chart, too! I'm having some noticeable cramps right now, too. REALLY trying not to get too excited...time will tell.

Rosa - I guess we'll wait just one cycle, but now that my cycle/ hormones are all messed up I do't know how long that will take (ie AF could show up in 3 weeks or it could take more like 8 weeks...)

So will you be testing in a few days? Good luck!!

8 weeks?! Yowza. I hope it's not that long for you!

I am not testing before Friday, which will be 14 dpo. I told my dh (who can always hear me unwrap the darn hpts, so he knows...) that IF my temp is still high on that day, I'll test. I leave for Illinois to visit family that day, and I don't think I'll have an opportunity to test until the Tuesday after that. So if it's bfn, that sucks, and I'll just wait around for AF. :shrug:

your chart looks awesome, Rosa! good luck!!!

Susan I hope you don't have to wait 8 weeks either. I'll say a prayer for you.

And, all of you are in my prayers. :hugs: good luck to everyone testing soon!

Hey everyone!

Well I'm only 4/5 dpo but have started the symptom spotting. Have been feeling nauseous (although too early for that I guess). But I've had some mild cramping and twinges again. But then again, I had that last month as well and it got me nowhere. I guess I shall just have to wait and see.

MissSazra, hello! These time zones suck, huh?! I'm really trying not to symptom spot, but I'm also having some noticeable cramps here...at 7 dpo. Also, had these before, and it got me nowhere, so we'll have to wait and see! It IS fun to symptom spot, though, isn't it?

I love to symptom spot, it makes the 2ww so much more bearable, although the let down is still huge at the end of it when AF shows. However, I have been having twinges, that can't be denied, it might be nothing, it might be everything, who knows! lol
The next week and a bit is going to be so slow though!

Yes, I love to SS, too! But you're right...if we go too far, we get ourselves convinced that we're knocked up, and then AF comes and it SUCKS.

TBH, I'm suffering more with my back and my sinuses have been playing up all week, but of course all I can take is paracetamol for the pain, so it's kind of taking my mind off of it a bit.

Guess I can't do a lot about my sinuses but I shall learn from my bad back....don't kick hubby in bed, playful or not! lol

HA! Yes, you have no excuse for your back. :haha: My cramps are getting worse. They went away for a few hours, and now they're back. I would categorize them as "medium" cramps. Kind of AF-ish actually. I'm enjoying my heating pad right now. Helps a lot.

Good luck Rosa, it was the last 5 days that were hell for me to try not to be tempted to test, but as you all promised me; I was soooooooooooooooooooo glad I waited!!! It'd have sucked to test early and it been inconclusive, I'm SO pleased i waited and got a clear BFP! :D :D :D

And SM, I'm hoping AF comes along soon for you, and you have no problems getting back into the normal cycle ASAP for you!!

MissSazra, it is too early for nausea to be pregnancy related; the egg might have JUST implanted, but more likely to be another day or two yet, and then the hormone levels will take a bit to be high enough to cause nausea... But the cramps could be implantation cramping! GOOD LUCK!

Well, just before bed last night I noticed some brownish spotting on my underwear. If the gynaecologist was right about my time of ovulation then that would have been 5 or 6 dpo, so it could be a good thing I'm hoping! Just going to keep everything crossed!

Flying, I'm pretty sure the nausea is because my class are trying to infect me with every illness going, so many have been away. I think it's just my body's way of telling me it's fighting it all off! lol

Hi girls

Quiet weekend around here :) I had a bit of a meltdown the other day: I was a bit overwhelmed at the number of pregnant women I saw at the mall, and then I found out that a couple that I play softball with is expecting, and they are due a week before I would have been..

It got me feeling sorry for myself for a while, but then my husband didn't know what to say so I sort of pulled myself together to make him feel better. Then we got into a discussion of everything we have to be grateful for and I did feel better after that: it's so easy to get caught up in this "pregnancy, baby" world that you forget that there's a whole lot more to life in the meantime!!

So at the moment I am actually feeling pretty good again (emotions are a bit of a yo-yo these days) - I bought myself a pair of cool running shoes and a workout top at the mall when I went so that's my new project :)

How's everyone else doing?

Susan, I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling so low. I go through ups and downs like that, too. Pregnant women are everywhere we look, aren't they?! It's so hard. I'm meeting my 5 week old nephew in 3 days, too, and as much as I'm looking forward to it, I'm also nervous. I'm nervous that I'm going to get AF or a bfn Friday morning and be crushed, and then have to be around my little brother and his brand new beautiful baby. I know that's totally selfish and horrible, but it's how I'm feeling.

I'm glad you're feeling better, though. My temp is still 98, so that's good I guess. I was comparing this cycle to all of my other temped cycles and it looks a lot better than the others. It actually LOOKS like I truly ovulated this cycle, so that's exciting. Even if this isn't my bfp cycle, at least I know my body is getting back to where it should be, and maybe next cycle will be it. :shrug:

Cute pic, btw! So nice to see how everyone looks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->