TTC#1 - Newbie to Baby & Bump!

Thanks SignoraL & jewelsbaby81.

I just don't wanna look odd in front of DH laying there, haha.

Hi ladies - how are all of you today?

I got a tip from a BnB buddy on soft cups, so I am going to try to use that after BD-ing. That is, after I track down where I can buy them! Have any of you tried them?

Hi Starlight!

I'm on CD4, so just finishing up with AF and getting into cycle #2.

I have a question about orgasms:blush: Do female orgasms help with TTC? I read that it helps the sperm find it's way. Does that mean if I don't always orgasm it's harder to conceive?

Starlight - what are soft cups? The first time I heard about them are on here, but someone only mentioned in passing.

Breaking Dawn (LOVED the new movie by the way, although I'm more of a Truebie - True Blood - than a Twihard, but I have read all the books and can't wait for the next flick) - I have read in multiple places that orgasms can help with conception - but at the same time, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have conceived without orgasming, so I wouldn't think it would hinder it.

BTW, I know O or O-ing is slang for ovulating on BnB, but does anyone else think of orgasming when writing that? :rofl:

Love love lovee trueblood and twilight and all things vampire - related.

Soft cups are "cups" that are used for menstruation, insert them to capture blood - environmentally friendly. TTC-ers use them after BD to keep the sperm pooled by the cervix.

I completely agree with you on "O", i always think of it as orgasm and Ov as ovulationg!

Thanks for your response...I was curious about the soft cup usage too.

Orgasm always comes to mind when I see the "O" vs ovulating, Ov!

Good morning ladies,

I'm 2dpo today and was wondering can I have a drink or 2 tonight?? Holiday party.

Baby dust to you all!

Hello all,

I'm new on here and getting ready to ttc in a couple of weeks, eeek!
CD1 today, average 30 days (though a random 26 this month, but long haul flights have that effect on me) so approximate ovulation on 1st January (better go steady on the champers the night before!) and testing thereafter.

I've been vaguely charting for about a year, but now it's really time to ttc, I must admit I'm rather scared!

Welcome, Wellybob!!! We're glad to have you on here!!! Ovulation on New Year's seems pretty promising!!! Don't be scared though; we're all here if you have questions! Wishing you lots of :dust: and a :bfp: in 2012!!!

Good morning ladies,

I'm 2dpo today and was wondering can I have a drink or 2 tonight?? Holiday party.

Baby dust to you all!

I wouldn't think it's an issue - I've wavered back and forth on this since we started TTC and some months I have one or two drinks and others I haven't. We're going to a holiday party tonight, too (actually, at rosababy's house - she is not only a BnB buddy, but also a friend IRL - our DHs grew up together). Neither she nor I are drinking, but another option is putting together a little mocktail - like cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and seltzer or Sprite with a twist of lime. It's tough explaining to non-TTC why you're not drinking, but luckily, a lot of folks at this party will be preggo, so not an issue.

Gotta run, my DH just called me and said, "Come to your Designated Hitter" - since DH also stands for that! So funny, the boys learning the lingo. What a joker. :)

Thanks SignoraL.

I hope you guys have fun tonight!

Neither she nor I are drinking, but another option is putting together a little mocktail - like cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and seltzer or Sprite with a twist of lime. It's tough explaining to non-TTC why you're not drinking, but luckily, a lot of folks at this party will be preggo, so not an issue.

Gotta run, my DH just called me and said, "Come to your Designated Hitter" - since DH also stands for that! So funny, the boys learning the lingo. What a joker. :)

:xmas13: What a joker! That's funny. Always with the sports, that one.

You should totally bring that drink tonight! Sounds delicious!

Hi ladies! I'm new to B&B and am hoping to find some TTC buddies. This is our 3rd month TTC #1. I've been temping and this month FF took away my solid lines saying I'd O'd on CD 13 after I entered today's temp. My temps have been lower this month but staying above cover. I just don't know what's going on. :shrug:

Anyway, I hope we all get BFPs VERY soon and lots of babydust to all!

:dust:

Hey ladies ,

Nice to have met all of u . Looks like DH & I are moving to NTNP.... Life is still too hectic for full on TTC even for our first cycle :cry:

Guess we will go easy for now & NTNP with preseed :winkwink:

Sad to leave u ladies. Loads of baby dust to all!

Good luck Lorikori

Feel free to check in from time to time. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Welcome, blessedlife!!! What are your temps usually before and after ovulation? Mine seem to be on the higher side (usually 97.5+ during the follicular phase and about 98.2+ during the luteal phase). Good luck with temping and wishing you lots of :dust: and :bfp:!!!

Good luck, Lorikori!!! If anything changes, please head back our way!!!

BTW, how is everyone doing today? babyfeva, how was your holiday party? We had a blast at ours, but I was exhausted by the time we got home and definitely slept hard!

Welcome, blessedlife!!! What are your temps usually before and after ovulation? Mine seem to be on the higher side (usually 97.5+ during the follicular phase and about 98.2+ during the luteal phase). Good luck with temping and wishing you lots of :dust: and :bfp:!!!

Hi Signora! :xmas3: Thanks for the welcome. I started temping a few months before we started TTC to get an idea of my pattern. Usually my pre-O temps are around 97.0 and post-O are about 97.8. This month is different. I was very sick during AF this month and I think it kept my temps up. I stopped temping and only started after my CM changed to confirm O. I kept temping b/c they're strange. Guess we'll see but I'm having typical TWW feelings so I think I ovulated. Good luck to you too!!! :flower:

P.S. If you click on my ticker for FF the two months below this month are typical of what my pattern normally looks like. :)

Hi Signora! :xmas3: Thanks for the welcome. I started temping a few months before we started TTC to get an idea of my pattern. Usually my pre-O temps are around 97.0 and post-O are about 97.8. This month is different. I was very sick during AF this month and I think it kept my temps up. I stopped temping and only started after my CM changed to confirm O. I kept temping b/c they're strange. Guess we'll see but I'm having typical TWW feelings so I think I ovulated. Good luck to you too!!! :flower:

P.S. If you click on my ticker for FF the two months below this month are typical of what my pattern normally looks like. :)

You're welcome! I actually did the same thing - started temping when we were WTTC, but I just switched from using the FemCal app on my iPhone to Fertility Friend and my charts looked a whole lot different once I entered them in. I have heard that various things like illness, not getting enough sleep, waking up at an unusual time, etc. can throw off your temps. I hope you're feeling better, though! I think it's probably good to keep temping anyways, even if they look strange, just to have a record. I can't remember if you said, but how long have you been off BC? I've been off for just over a year and I'm starting to feel like my charts are looking a little more normal. The TWW feelings drive me crazy! I keep looking for every symptom and then I wonder if I'm just feeling them because I actually have them or just because I want to feel them! Anyways, good luck to you, too, and thank you for your good wishes!!! Lots of :dust: for you!!!

SignoraL- I had lots of fun left home kind of early 9pm. I felt so old haha. How was your party?

blessedlife can I ask what your 2ww symptoms are like? I'm feeling bloated, dull cramps all day, sore nipples, and i almost vomitted.

SignoraL- I had lots of fun left home kind of early 9pm. I felt so old haha. How was your party?

We had a lot of fun, although like I said, we were kind of tired by the end of the night! Delicious food and wonderful company!

You're welcome! I actually did the same thing - started temping when we were WTTC, but I just switched from using the FemCal app on my iPhone to Fertility Friend and my charts looked a whole lot different once I entered them in. I have heard that various things like illness, not getting enough sleep, waking up at an unusual time, etc. can throw off your temps. I hope you're feeling better, though! I think it's probably good to keep temping anyways, even if they look strange, just to have a record. I can't remember if you said, but how long have you been off BC? I've been off for just over a year and I'm starting to feel like my charts are looking a little more normal. The TWW feelings drive me crazy! I keep looking for every symptom and then I wonder if I'm just feeling them because I actually have them or just because I want to feel them! Anyways, good luck to you, too, and thank you for your good wishes!!! Lots of :dust: for you!!![/QUOTE]

I’ve been off BC for several years so my cycles are very regular. I’m glad yours are starting to even out. :thumbup: The TWW is awful! I’ve had every twinge, cramp, craving and dream with no BFP! I drove myself and DH crazy the first month b/c I was so sure I was pg! :wacko: I now know that no symptom means anything until AF doesn’t show. But even knowing that doesn’t stop me from hoping that each pain or tug is a pg symptom! (I keep it to myself though.) I’m hoping that the holidays will help keep me occupied! The best thing is knowing that all of us here are going through the same thing. :hugs:

You're welcome! I actually did the same thing - started temping when we were WTTC, but I just switched from using the FemCal app on my iPhone to Fertility Friend and my charts looked a whole lot different once I entered them in. I have heard that various things like illness, not getting enough sleep, waking up at an unusual time, etc. can throw off your temps. I hope you're feeling better, though! I think it's probably good to keep temping anyways, even if they look strange, just to have a record. I can't remember if you said, but how long have you been off BC? I've been off for just over a year and I'm starting to feel like my charts are looking a little more normal. The TWW feelings drive me crazy! I keep looking for every symptom and then I wonder if I'm just feeling them because I actually have them or just because I want to feel them! Anyways, good luck to you, too, and thank you for your good wishes!!! Lots of :dust: for you!!!

I’ve been off BC for several years so my cycles are very regular. I’m glad yours are starting to even out. :thumbup: The TWW is awful! I’ve had every twinge, cramp, craving and dream with no BFP! I drove myself and DH crazy the first month b/c I was so sure I was pg! :wacko: I now know that no symptom means anything until AF doesn’t show. But even knowing that doesn’t stop me from hoping that each pain or tug is a pg symptom! (I keep it to myself though.) I’m hoping that the holidays will help keep me occupied! The best thing is knowing that all of us here are going through the same thing. :hugs:[/QUOTE]

I know - I'm trying to get to where I'm just ignoring the symptoms. I felt very slightly crampy all day, but it's hard to tell if it's anything. 6-7 more days to go and then we'll see! Hope you're having a good evening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->