TTC #1 questions!

cestdanielle

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I took my last active BCP on 3/31, took the four sugar pills, then took one more active pill on 4/5. My husband and I have been DTD almost every day since I went off the pill, and my Ovia app says I'm in peak fertility. The problem is that, when I went off the pill, I had some EWCM in the first few days after 4/5. It went away for a while, and now it's back in small amounts.

Anyway, I've been having some pretty weird symptoms. For about four-ish days after I went off the pill, I had lots of angry/sad mood swings, heightened sense of smell, nausea (sometimes due to smelling food), and periodlike cramps with no blood. Those symptoms have calmed down, though, and I'm experiencing somewhat different symptoms now. I still have the angry/sad mood swings and occasional cramping on the lower left side (both tummy and back), but I have been getting headaches (extremely unusual for me), have had to urinate far more frequently than usual (I used the bathrooms at work three times yesterday when I normally don't go at all there), and my legs felt very heavy when I got up this morning.

I'm thinking I might be pregnant (?) since my EWCM dried up (what usually happens before your period, yes?) then came back and since these symptoms seem unrelated to the going-off-the-pill symptoms I had. However, I've taken three tests (4/10, 4/13, and 4/16) and they've all been negative. Am I testing too early or do you think I'm not pregnant at all? :shrug:

Hey there! It's really hard to say what's going on. You can't rely solely on an app to say when your fertile. Most women are not text book cycle ( ovulate cd 14 ect.) So I would use ovulation tests or temping to confirm. Especially since coming off of bc causes shifts in hormones. We get shifts in hormones all the time anyway, and bc just adds to that. Every month I get something that has never happened before. I would say to test with pregnancy tests and ovulation tests side by side until you get a positive, or get af. You can order cheapie on amazon so it doesn't break the bank. Also, ewcm is Def a sign of fertility, but basing your cycle off of your cm isn't actually accurate. If you do choose to test, use the ov tests in the afternoon with a 4 hour hold. I have personally, and have seen many women, missed a lh surge because of testing too early in the day

I think I will just keep taking tests until I get af. The biggest issue I'm having is not knowing. I was only on the pill for 8 months, but I never tracked my cycle before that because I never thought it would be important. Needless to say, if I have a daughter, she'll know the importance of being familiar with how her body functions!

Anyway, I didn't think the app was 100% either because I did just come off the pill. I just have no idea what's going on with my body, and it's really frustrating. I've never felt this out of control of things before, especially not my own body. :/

Welcome to TTC, lol, being out of control is something that just comes with the territory! I hope you get your BFP or af soon so that you can have a fresh start!

Thanks! It's really nice to have someone FINALLY take me seriously. A lot of people just brush me off as being "too worried about it" and whatever, so I really appreciate you being so earnest with me. :)

No problem, that is what I love about bnb, guarantee that someone here has gone through exactly what your going through! If you find the right thread, it can become more like a sisterhood! GL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->