TTC#1 since Sep 2010 - long irregular cycles *UPDATE* diagnosed with PCOS

Lily7

Mum & TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi

Any buddies out there? I have been ttc#1 for nearly 8 months now and have long irregular cycles.

My original buddies from when I started on this forum are now pregnant, we still keep in touch but would be nice to have another buddy/ies who are similar to me!:flower:

hey mama! i'm ashley. I have been ttc since november 09 with my SO.

Hey Ashley!

Hows it going? Nov 09 huh? Is this your first you are ttc? What have you been doing so far?

Hi

Any buddies out there? I have been ttc#1 for nearly 8 months now and have long irregular cycles.

My original buddies from when I started on this forum are now pregnant, we still keep in touch but would be nice to have another buddy/ies who are similar to me!:flower:

Hey Lily7.
I am also ttc #1 and have been trying for roughly the same time as you (july 10) and i also have irregular cycles so i know how stressful it can be while ttc! :) xXx

Hi Kellikins

Yes it is so frustrating isn't it! thanks for the add!

Have you been to docs or anything yet? We went and got general bloods done, everything normal except thyroid levels, mine are 4.89 and the healthy range is 0.2 - 4.2 so I am just over. I am on CD 59 atm! the longest so far since coming off the pill

How are you doing? x

Hi Kellikins

Yes it is so frustrating isn't it! thanks for the add!

Have you been to docs or anything yet? We went and got general bloods done, everything normal except thyroid levels, mine are 4.89 and the healthy range is 0.2 - 4.2 so I am just over. I am on CD 59 atm! the longest so far since coming off the pill

How are you doing? x

Yeah tell me about it!!! and no problem :)
Not been to the docs yet, hubby thinks its "too early" to go get tests done yet! (*tut* MEN!!) lol

and yeah im doing very well at the moment, just getting a little down with this thing, but hey i supose, when it happens it happens! lol

How are you doing? x

Hey Ashley!

Hows it going? Nov 09 huh? Is this your first you are ttc? What have you been doing so far?

yeah we are ttc #1! and its awful so far!! i actually think i got a sticky baby right nowww and if that is the case i would be 9wks and 2 days. but i go to the drs this week for a confirmation blood test....actually i am not sure if i should schedule an appointment or just call and say i want a blood test AHH! i dont know what to do haha. so far i have just been doing oneaday vitamins and prenatals and baby asprin!

Kellikins -

Its not too early! get yourself down there! with the NHS you have to torture them to get anywhere. He done my general bloods and wants to do CD3 and CD21 bloods, just have to wait for AF to come now! He has booked DH in for a SA but the soonest date is August!

I know what you mean about getting down! Its just not fair, we were out shopping today and seen 7 heavily pregnant women in the space of an hour! we would be walking along then when we seen one we would turn to each other and say "5" "6" etc and count them as we went along! lol even DH has started noticing! he even said to me that someone is seriously trying to wind us up! lol Its probably just that we notice it more now coz we want it so bad where as before we probably took no notice!

Are you taking vits, using opk's or anything?

Hey Ashley!

yeah we are ttc #1! and its awful so far!! i actually think i got a sticky baby right nowww and if that is the case i would be 9wks and 2 days. but i go to the drs this week for a confirmation blood test....actually i am not sure if i should schedule an appointment or just call and say i want a blood test AHH! i dont know what to do haha. so far i have just been doing oneaday vitamins and prenatals and baby asprin!

Oh really! did you get a BFP! congratulations! what has you doubting yourself?

Hey Ashley!

what has me doubting is...all my test lines are super faint. another mom on here said that after 8 weeks though...the hcg hormone drops and thats when lines start to fade and by 16 weeks you could test and get a negative result. its ridiculous! here are some of the tests i took over the past couple of days. the line is so faint

Attachments

• 2011-05-08_115200.jpg
    2011-05-08_115200.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 6dayslate.jpg
    6dayslate.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 12
  • test1invert.jpg
    test1invert.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
  • test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 6
Ahh so it's not just me!!!
I seem to be seeing alot more pregnant woman about, but DH says "oh its prob just all in your mind."
I know it sounds silly, but it really gets me down and start to think, "i will never be a mummy", ( i know i will be one day but still gets me down a little bit!)

I'm taking multi vits, folic acid and was using opks at the beginning but with how bizzalry irregular my cycle is, it was becoming quite pricey to keep doing it :(.

xXx

Hey Ashley!

what has me doubting is...all my test lines are super faint. another mom on here said that after 8 weeks though...the hcg hormone drops and thats when lines start to fade and by 16 weeks you could test and get a negative result. its ridiculous! here are some of the tests i took over the past couple of days. the line is so faint

Oh really I didn;t know that about the HCG dropping! I;m sorry hun, the glare on my screen is making it hard for me to see ur pics properly, put them up in the test gallery and see what people think? From what I have heard a line is a line no matter how faint, so if you can see a line and your AF is late then test again and when your with the doc get them to check? Why dont you buy a digital test and see what it says as it is clearly one or the other "pregnant" or "not pregnant" Good Luck x:hugs:

Hey Ashley!

Oh really I didn;t know that about the HCG dropping! I;m sorry hun, the glare on my screen is making it hard for me to see ur pics properly, put them up in the test gallery and see what people think? From what I have heard a line is a line no matter how faint, so if you can see a line and your AF is late then test again and when your with the doc get them to check? Why dont you buy a digital test and see what it says as it is clearly one or the other "pregnant" or "not pregnant" Good Luck x:hugs:

thanks for the luck mama!! good luck to you too!!!

Ahh so it's not just me!!!
I seem to be seeing alot more pregnant woman about, but DH says "oh its prob just all in your mind."
I know it sounds silly, but it really gets me down and start to think, "i will never be a mummy", ( i know i will be one day but still gets me down a little bit!)

I'm taking multi vits, folic acid and was using opks at the beginning but with how bizzalry irregular my cycle is, it was becoming quite pricey to keep doing it :(.

xXx

No!! it's not just you! I am taking Folic Acid and I just bought vit B50 commlex today to start after seeing people talk about it on here! I am with ya on the OPK's we started them then didn't bother there for a while and I just bought the boots own brand ones today to try again (they are a little bit cheaper) I was tking Pregnacare Conception (started them this cycle) but then I read people on here complaining about them saying that it made their cycle longer and out of whack - well my cycles had been coming down until this one so I stopped taking them - just incase the 2 are related. DH takes Wellman conception tablets (from Holland and Barrett) and we are using Conceive Plus (from boots)

What way are your cycles working out for you at the moment? what CD are you on?
x

Hey Ashley!

thanks for the luck mama!! good luck to you too!!!

Let me know how you get on with the doc or if you do another test and get a darker BFP!!!! x

Ahh might have to try a few more things, might help to have a look at Holland and Barrett tomorrow. :)

I am currently CD 54 atm, its crazy! lol
Damn you irregular cycles :bodyb: lol x

CD54! I'm CD59 only 5 days between us! Yea Damn you irregular cycles is right! :wacko:

I have read women on here talking about Agnus Castus to help to regulate and shorten cycles, I was feeling really down about the whole thing and thought what harm could it do so I went to buy it and had my folic acid in my hand, the lady asked me if I was TTC and I said yes and she said that the AC is for menopause and not to be used whilst preg or TTC, she opened it and pulled the leaflet out and showed me where it said that! I was so put off and didn't get (besides I don't think she actually would have served it to me by that point!) The lady was really nice and I could see she had my vest interests at heart, so I trusted her and what was written in black and white on the leaflet.....so I posted on here to get opinions and got a mixed bag really, some people saying they only should be taken up to ovulation etc

I just really want something to bring AF on so I can start a new cycle!! I asked the doc for something but he said no! he won't start giving out anything like that until we have been ttc for a year!:dohh:

Are you gona sit it out and wait for AF or try to intervine? Have you had a cycle longer than this one before or is this your longest so far?

Sorry for the questions! I am just so glad I have found someone in the same boat!! :hugs: xxx

hi im looking for some friends i hve irregular cycles (pcos) starting clomid as soon as af arrives been trying to conceive 2 years x

CD54! I'm CD59 only 5 days between us! Yea Damn you irregular cycles is right! :wacko:

I have read women on here talking about Agnus Castus to help to regulate and shorten cycles, I was feeling really down about the whole thing and thought what harm could it do so I went to buy it and had my folic acid in my hand, the lady asked me if I was TTC and I said yes and she said that the AC is for menopause and not to be used whilst preg or TTC, she opened it and pulled the leaflet out and showed me where it said that! I was so put off and didn't get (besides I don't think she actually would have served it to me by that point!) The lady was really nice and I could see she had my vest interests at heart, so I trusted her and what was written in black and white on the leaflet.....so I posted on here to get opinions and got a mixed bag really, some people saying they only should be taken up to ovulation etc

I just really want something to bring AF on so I can start a new cycle!! I asked the doc for something but he said no! he won't start giving out anything like that until we have been ttc for a year!:dohh:

Are you gona sit it out and wait for AF or try to intervine? Have you had a cycle longer than this one before or is this your longest so far?

Sorry for the questions! I am just so glad I have found someone in the same boat!! :hugs: xxx

5 days?!?! wow thats awesome (well not awesome but hopefully you know what i mean!! lol).

That was good that she was honest instead of just trying to make a sale!!
I dont mind the questions, its just nice to finally talk about this to someone who understands!!! :)
I'm just proberly gunna sit it out and wait, its annoying tho because i get cramps and im like ooh af coming, but never comes and im like grrr!!
Nope, I've had a 78 CD before and that was when we said "right we are ttc!" so maybe i shouldnt have sed that, prob jinxed myself!! lol
Has this one been your longest?!
xxx

5 days?!?! wow thats awesome (well not awesome but hopefully you know what i mean!! lol).

That was good that she was honest instead of just trying to make a sale!!
I dont mind the questions, its just nice to finally talk about this to someone who understands!!! :)
I'm just proberly gunna sit it out and wait, its annoying tho because i get cramps and im like ooh af coming, but never comes and im like grrr!!
Nope, I've had a 78 CD before and that was when we said "right we are ttc!" so maybe i shouldnt have sed that, prob jinxed myself!! lol
Has this one been your longest?!
xxx

LOL I know what you mean! Thats what I meant aswell!!

Yes this is my longest so far, I get the same feelings like AF is coming, I even go as far as to put a pad on and then nothing! Think I will wait it out for another bit and see what happens...the whole thing has me stressing out that something is wrong that is causing AF to be like this then we start thinking what if it never happens for us! I hope we get our BFP's we certainly deserve it! were you on the pill before ttc? I was on Yasmin until just before we got married, we were hoping for a honeymoon baby....no such luck :dohh:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->