TTC #1 with Femara

kakez23

Reaction score
This is my first try at conceiving. Last cycle, my RE checked my progesterone on CD21 and decided to put me on Femara for this cycle which I took CD 3-7. I had a follicle scan today which is CD 12. I had one follicle on my left measuring 19mm and one on my right measuring 12mm. We will use the trigger shot tomorrow and do IUI the following day. Anyone have any experience with Femara and the trigger shot and if so what kind of results?

Hi there,

I just saw my new fertility doc for the first time today and he is going to start me on Femara in the next week or so. I love to join in this thread and hear about others experiences as well as how your experience goes :)

I got preggers my first Femara cycle after 8 failed clomid cycles! Good luck :)

This is my first medicated cycle and I'm doing femara, menopur and a trigger shot. We aren't doing IUI though, this is strictly for timing purposes so I know exactly when to start my PIO (progesterone) shots. I'm hoping to trigger tomorrow! :)

Thank you for the replies. We inseminated last night so now it's the dreaded two week wait time. I have heard a lot of great things about Femara so I hope it works. I will say, it did cause a lot of cramping which I read was normal so if you haven't taken it before, be prepared for that. **Fingers crossed for a positive outcome**

Thank you for the replies. We inseminated last night so now it's the dreaded two week wait time. I have heard a lot of great things about Femara so I hope it works. I will say, it did cause a lot of cramping which I read was normal so if you haven't taken it before, be prepared for that. **Fingers crossed for a positive outcome**

Wishing you tons of sticky baby dust!! :) I trigger in the morning, so I'll be joining you soon in the tww. :)

Good luck ladies!!! Fingers crossed for you both! How is the TWW treating you?

Just saw my doctor again today. My thyroid is off slightly so he's starting me on a thyroid med and progesterone to bring on my cycle then I'm on my first Femara try! Hope this works!!!

TWW is torture...I didn't think it would be this hard and I'm only 6 days into it! It's hard not having any symptoms. I just wish time would hurry up!!

Eh... I'm still testing out my trigger, so I'm getting to satisfy my POAS needs. ;) Besides... I've been trying for 3.5 years, so waiting is expected at this point - I'm kinda used to it. My butt hurts from the PIO shots though. >.<

Baby dust for everyone though!!!

Ouch! Yeah I really hope we don't have to go the shots route. Ugh 3.5 years must be so hard. :( I feel so over it all and I'm only at 1.5 years. Props to you for keeping going. Fx this time is your time!!!

I was a huge needle phobic just a couple of years ago. I don't get that luxury anymore, since having a baby is more important to me than being afraid of needles. lol For the most part they aren't horrible.... but this cycle has been more needles than any other cycle between the injectibles, the PIO shots, and the lovenox shots. I'm pretty sure my butt isn't going to forgive me. That said, if it gets me a take home baby, then it's all well worth it!

Hopefully AF shows up soon for you and you can get started on your femara cycle!

Hey ladies can I join? My doctor (my new awesome doctor!!!) is putting me on femera!!!!!!!! Any advice?

Hey ladies can I join? My doctor (my new awesome doctor!!!) is putting me on femera!!!!!!!! Any advice?

Welcome! It was pretty easy for me with few if any side effects. Will they be monitoring you?

Yes they will be... I got labs back today which have me confused!!! I think they are starting me on 2.5mg?? Hoping the side effects aren't too bad.. I've heard they aren't as bad as clomid though!

Yes they will be... I got labs back today which have me confused!!! I think they are starting me on 2.5mg?? Hoping the side effects aren't too bad.. I've heard they aren't as bad as clomid though!

What were your labs on? E2?

Mine had me start on 5mg and I had very little if any symptoms. Hopefully you'll experience similar!!

I started on 5mg as well. I had a little bit of cramping but not too bad. It gave me two decent sized follicles. I'm on day 9 of my TWW so we will see soon how good Femara was to me!

What were your labs on? E2?

Mine had me start on 5mg and I had very little if any symptoms. Hopefully you'll experience similar!!

Here is what has come back from the lab so far, not sure what else he tested..
FSH was 1.6.
Progesterone 9.1
Prolactin 21.4
Thyroid normal

I started with 12.5mg, at the time I thought the dose was too high, but it worked. I guessing my RE started with such a high dose because my body didnt respond to clomid.

I had no side effects, besides bleeding all the way up to CD 11.

Hello Ladies, first of all, congratulations to those who have already conceived, and good luck to those who are still yet to.

I am currently on my first round of Femera and today is CD5. I am on 7.5mg CD 3-7 and I have a follicle scan booked for the 21st.

No side effects to report really which is awesome as 4 days into taking clomid I developed vision problems.

I have been trying for 6 years now with 1 miscarriage a couple of years a ago.

I was wondering if I would be able to request a trigger shot? I have not been prescribed one so I am assuming they are going to see if I release my eggs naturally, but I feel I will be giving myself a better chance with a trigger. I've armed myself with ovulation test strips and conceive plus as I am determined to make this the month I get pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->