TTC#1 with irregular cycles...would really like a friendly buddy

Jessi

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Would anyone like to be my friend? lol. I dont seem to be building up much rapport in the 2ww and ttc forum?

To be honest though ticker shows we've not been actually trying long (had to postpone on dr's advice while I waited for 2 ops) we've wanted one for much longer.

I have irregular cycles...

I'm using CBFM, preseed and the coming cycle will be using softcups (if I can figure them out) and royal jelly.

xxx

Hi Jessi! :) I'd love being your buddy! :) That HAS to be frustrating having irregular cycles!

A little backdrop on me~ I am 31... DH is 32. We just got married in October (my 2nd marriage- his first) and we are TTC. I have an 8 year old son from the previous marriage. We figured we'd go get everything checked out just to make sure everything was okay and we were heartbroken to find out that DH's sperm were 95% abnormal and that IUI is going to be the step we have to take to have a chance conceiving. I am pretty shocked- as is he- I had to tell him the news too and let me tell you- it was rough. He is still absorbing the news (we just found out last week.)

We don't start the IUI process til January.. and I am still trying on my own for now and even when that starts.

If you're still looking for a buddy~ let me know! I'd love to have someone to cheer on too and someone that I can talk to about my own struggles as I enter into this unknown process. :)

Hi Holly! yay! lets be buddies. I'm 26 and DH is 31. It's just me having tests at the mo as we know I have irregular cycles. I didn't have any cycles at all for about 6months before we got married :wacko:

That's gotta be hard news to deal with ((hugs)) my hubby wants to get himself tested...

I'ma add you to my ticker just now xxx

Sorry said ticker. Meant signature... do you see it?

My cycles strangely regulated while I was waiting for my ops and I did have 2 pretty good cycles 28/29days. I have suspicions it had to do with the fact I was eating a MEGA healthy diet (gallbladder op = no fat or BIG pain lol) I'm back to a regular diet and have put on a few pounds. Though I'm not actually technically 'overweight' dr said would be worth going back to the diet and losing a few pounds to see if it helps things.

I had bloods done. My first lot all came back normal. Day 21 showed only 0.9 progesterone though so dr suspects PCOS. I'm having an internal scan hopefully on Wed (providing af can stay away and not show up a minute beforehand like she cruelly did before my smear!) I have the CBFM though... it never showed a peak until day 24 so that may explain why progesterone was so low but dr didn't seem to think worth waiting and testing again prior to ordering an ultrasound???

Try not to worry, I think there's more they can do for us ladies if our bloodwork isn't all that. My Dr said we'll discuss things to help me ovulate if it comes back that I'm not doing much of that by myself after the scan. My hubby on the other hand takes medication that he can never 'stop' taking so if that's affecting his swimmers...we may need to look at the other options.

Do you use anything like preseed, CBFM, OPK's etc? xxx

You can add by clicking on 'customize profile' on your profile page and then 'edit signature' ...I don't find it very obvious, quite small lol but if you look hard enough you'll see where. Will try and explain better if this doesn't work!

Gallbladder came out 2months ago...so not that long really. Think I will go back to the diet...just need to 'divorce' my McD's/KFC tastebuds lol.

For us the wait and see approach doesn't really appeal either. We knew there was likely an issue due to my irregular periods (and I also did 'try' with someone else quite a few years ago, which never amounted to a bub) back then I had no idea about timing ovulation and had recently come of bc etc so I'm hoping that was why it never happened. Hubby and I both want a large family though... like 5 ideally. (yeah I know, wait till we have 1 and see if we still do :hehe:) but I'm not 18 anymore and I kind of would prefer not to be over forty and still feeling our family isn't complete, that gives me 13 years to get 5 out in!

I wouldn't like to risk my hubby coming off his meds either really...as you say though, if we get desperate enough perhaps.

This time round we were snowed in when my peak days hit - which was awesome. I dont think hubby had anything left though as we'd had 8 days of high already on our CBFM. Poor hubby - think he felt like a cow in a milking parlour! Actually he wasn't complaining... lol

I got a bfn today though and I think I'm cd12. I just want af to stay away till after my scan on wed. Then she may return and let us get on with the next cycle. I shall be praying your bfp comes instead come the 22nd!

xxx

Yea I take the pregnacare conception ones and hubby takes the matching wellman ones. I'm gonna check if they have folic acid in now... I could swear the vitamins give me pg symptoms though lol. I've never peed so much before! Do you get any symptoms with yours? Hubby nicknamed his "his willy medicine" lol

Of course, God's timing will always be best... I've experienced that in many things in my life though I always seem to need to battle it out first.

I think the 'romance' or 'spontenaety' has been well and truly quenched by TTC. It's hard to cope with I suppose, especially being newlyweds like yourselves. Doesn't feel quite right does it? We go with humour at the moment...

I think I get the results straight away.... I think? I might phone the hospital to check. I know I did when I had ultrasound scans re my gallbladder... though this one goes *cough* inside...

I've just seen the time and have to grab a store before it closes. If I dont reply tonight I'll msg you tomorrow and see how you're feeling. Chin up chick. You never know, you still could get your miracle this month... it only takes one. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->