TTC #1 with PCOS

PeterPanWendy

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this site. My dh and I have been ttc for a little over a year now. When I first stopped bc I didn't have a period, so I was put straight on Clomid with no tests, etc. I did 3 rounds, still no testing to see if I actually ovulated. So, I decided to see someone else. My new doc started right off with testing, testing, testing. I had several blood draws, vaginal ultrasound, and hcg dye test. She also had hubby checked, and his swimmers are great! I was diagnosed with PCOS and I am now on cycle 2 of Femara/Letrozole. I'm currently on CD 2 and since 2.5mg didn't work last cycle, I'll be taking 5mg on CD 5-9. Anyone else dealing with PCOS, taking Femara, had any success stories that started similar to mine? Also, did you ovulate late, early or on time with Femara? I tend to ovulate around cd 19 to 21 (which isn't helpful for 21 day blood draws). It's really frustrating having no one to talk to about this stuff. My dh tries to be understanding, but he really just doesn't know how much I go through every day with ttc.

You're a bit ahead of the game compared to me but I have PCOS and did all that awful testing too. Umfortunetly I'm not a success story yet but I'm going to be started on Clomid soon. I know how you feel. Irregular cycles are killer. I'd love to join your thread/be TTC buddies! Having PCOS is so different when it comes to TTC.

Yes! Please join me! :happy dance:

Its so frustrating because I was expecting to just get preggo like all my friends, and now they all have babies and I've had to watch their journey while I'm over here still trying and wondering why it had to be me to have PCOS. Are you taking Provera to induce a period? I've had to do that the last several months. And just a warning, my biggest complaint with Clomid was hot flashes! Haha

Following!
My IUD comes out Friday so we will be ttc buddies!

Hello and welcome! I have suspected PCOS, I am getting a full PCOS panel done this week. There is a support thread on TTC#1 forum for women who are TTC#1 with irregular cycles, feel free to jump on and join the convo.

I lost this thread for a minute! Glad I found it again. I took provera in late December, had a 7 day AF (I'm normally a 5 day AF) early january so all was well - then midcycle I had a saline ultrasound (aka sonohystergram) that caused me to bleed a few more days. Results from that came back fine. I was expecting AF today but nothing yet which is upsetting. I had awful nighttime hot flashes and sleeplessness on provera - so if that's possible with Clomid I'm sure I'll catch on that. Thanks for the heads up! I totally feel the same about my friends.. I'm always the "weird one" for not having kids yet. All my girlfriends ask such rude questions about it. As if they'd never even considered the possibility that maybe there's an issue/problem. Nope. Its always just "when are you gonna have kids already? you guys have been together a million years!" Right. And since they all got pregnant in high school or shortly after, now with 2-3 kids each I'm left in the dust. What I really hate is when they ask me to babysit and call it "practice". I love their kids, but please don't call it "practice" its not cute nor funny. I'm not enthused. But I feel it. Why me?

Subscribing so I don't lose this thread again lol

Hi 2Ducks! And hi Garg! :D good luck to you both, can't wait to see how things go for you both.

Welcome ladies!

wifeybby I'm glad you found the thread again! I completely understand your pain about all your friends having babies. It's so hard to watch and be happy for them when you really are feeling bitter, but trying not to feel that way. I also can't stand all the people like my MIL and my grandma who tell me oh it's just not time yet or it'll happen when you're ready. And my favorite line "stop trying and it will happen." Like I don't think you understand...I have PCOS. If I stop trying, it really won't happen and I'll have to go back on bc. Grr. People just don't understand we are dealing with enough and their "help" is not helpful.

I lost this thread for a minute! Glad I found it again. I took provera in late December, had a 7 day AF (I'm normally a 5 day AF) early january so all was well - then midcycle I had a saline ultrasound (aka sonohystergram) that caused me to bleed a few more days. Results from that came back fine. I was expecting AF today but nothing yet which is upsetting. I had awful nighttime hot flashes and sleeplessness on provera - so if that's possible with Clomid I'm sure I'll catch on that. Thanks for the heads up! I totally feel the same about my friends.. I'm always the "weird one" for not having kids yet. All my girlfriends ask such rude questions about it. As if they'd never even considered the possibility that maybe there's an issue/problem. Nope. Its always just "when are you gonna have kids already? you guys have been together a million years!" Right. And since they all got pregnant in high school or shortly after, now with 2-3 kids each I'm left in the dust. What I really hate is when they ask me to babysit and call it "practice". I love their kids, but please don't call it "practice" its not cute nor funny. I'm not enthused. But I feel it. Why me?

Subscribing so I don't lose this thread again lol

Hi 2Ducks! And hi Garg! :D good luck to you both, can't wait to see how things go for you both.

How do you subscribe to threads?????

Most of my friends are career oriented like me so no one really had early pregnancies. Before we were ttc one of my friends with an infant who is in her late 20s asked when we were going to start trying. I joking said "when we are 40", she then dead pan said "if I were you I would consider adoption" because having babies takes a lot of energy. I found that really offensive, yeah we waited to have kids but now we have a house and good paying jobs. After two friends had miscarriages I made it my personal practice to not ask people about ttc. I also find it really irritating that when someone becomes pregnant they are the new expert on getting knocked up and know EXACTLY what you need to do to get there. I generally don't tell many people about my ttc process, my partner told one of his best friends who gave him some really helpful advice: "just keep dumping it in her" and "don't use OPKs because it just adds stress". I told him to text the guy back "F@@k off" but I guess he really thought he was being helpful.

Good luck to you and I can't wait to read about your journey!

2ducks, in the purple bar at the top of the thread there is a drop down that says thread tools. You click it and there is a subscribe to thread option. :)

Hello ladies!

I have pcos and ttc #1, we are on cycle #6

Here is my story... I asked my fam doctor to refer me to an endocrinologist because after using bc pills for a year, my sex drive was gone, i was gaining weight constantly even tho i was dieting/exercising, and also i had acne at age 27! So i knew something was wrong with my hormones.

My doctor did some tests, and said i have pcos (3 weeks ago), he said there my ovaries are clean, no cyst but my LH:FSH ratio was too high. He was gonna give me metformin and clomid but wanted to check DH first.
Our last appointment, he said DH's test results were good and was going to prescribe me metformin and clomid but i asked him to check my LH:FSH ratio again because last time i gave blood, it was day before i got positive opk so its normal for me to have high LH. Also my cycles are regular and i ovulate every cycle.

Anyways long story short, he will be checking my LH and FSH again.
Meanwhile, i started to take inositol as natural replacement of metformin and tried soy iso as replacement of clomid. Changed my diet to pcos diet, where i eat low carb, no dairy, no sugar, no white carbs, no caffeine, no processed foods.

Make sure you ask ur doctor how he came to conclusion of you having pcos, apparently its common to be diagnosed wrong.

GoldenRatio- I too am trying inositol this month, just ordered it from Swanson's Vitamins. I also am going to ad CoQ10, but I forgot why I am adding that one... I don't have a follow up on my labs for another few weeks. I think it would be interesting for my partner to have a SA, not sure how we get one of those. My OBGYN said regardless of if I have PCOS or not I am not ovulating on my own or having periods so it will be good to start the progesterone withdrawal and clomid. I am interested in the PCOS diet, I am going to start researching it more. Thanks for the advice.

GoldenRatio- I too am trying inositol this month, just ordered it from Swanson's Vitamins. I also am going to ad CoQ10, but I forgot why I am adding that one... I don't have a follow up on my labs for another few weeks. I think it would be interesting for my partner to have a SA, not sure how we get one of those. My OBGYN said regardless of if I have PCOS or not I am not ovulating on my own or having periods so it will be good to start the progesterone withdrawal and clomid. I am interested in the PCOS diet, I am going to start researching it more. Thanks for the advice.

Im taking inositol to help with my diet and acne, so far i like it. Get Jarrow brand inositol next time, apparently thats the best one. How long have you been taking it? my ovulation is delayed this month, last months i got positive opk at 12-13cd and this cycle, im cd14 and no sign of ovulation.

Pcos diet is hard at first but u will get used to it easly. Cut all the carbs and only eat complex carbs, every meal 60% of ur food should be protein based. Cutting dairy and sugar is hard but works great with my acne problem.

I've been ttc year and a bit I have pcos but have regular periods . I have been going to fertility clinic for 4 cycles. They put me on letrozole cd 5 to 9 and trigger shot. First cycle was great had two good size eggs on both ovaries but had bfn. Second cycle my hormones were all over the place estrogen dropped so that was a bust. 3rd cycle I had a cyst. Now I'm on cycle 4 had two good eggs and decided to do iui my husband sperm was 65 million after wash and we did back to back iui secon iui he had 35 million. So everything sounds good but I'm 10 Dpiui and feel no symptoms and did a test and bfn so feeling really discourage

Yes! Please join me! :happy dance:

Its so frustrating because I was expecting to just get preggo like all my friends, and now they all have babies and I've had to watch their journey while I'm over here still trying and wondering why it had to be me to have PCOS. Are you taking Provera to induce a period? I've had to do that the last several months. And just a warning, my biggest complaint with Clomid was hot flashes! Haha

THIS! Is so correct. It is soooo hard to watch my friends get pregnant some not even trying and I want a baby so bad! I lost 100lbs (as of a few days ago) hoping to jump start my fertility. My periods are pretty regular-they use to be all over the place or I would get no period at all. They have been consistently 28 day cycles but this past month it was only a 25 day cycle. Af came early �� but still no bfp. Dr told me to keep trying longer before I try anything else. Every month is full of heart ache and every month I think "this is the one"!

Im taking inositol to help with my diet and acne, so far i like it. Get Jarrow brand inositol next time, apparently thats the best one. How long have you been taking it? my ovulation is delayed this month, last months i got positive opk at 12-13cd and this cycle, im cd14 and no sign of ovulation.

Pcos diet is hard at first but u will get used to it easly. Cut all the carbs and only eat complex carbs, every meal 60% of ur food should be protein based. Cutting dairy and sugar is hard but works great with my acne problem.

I did order Jarrows Inositol from Swansons. How much do you take and what time of day do you take it? I read it can cause sleepiness, so I will probably take it in the evening. I haven't received it the mail yet but I can't wait to start taking it. I hope it helps with my acne. Every time I have a break out on one area of my body, as soon as it clears I get a break out on a different area of my body! I also read it can help with hair and nails. I had a lot of hair loss when I stopped BCP so I hope this helps. I think for me cutting sugar is going to be the hardest, I am a true sugar addict. Eating candy makes me feel really good. I also want to find some non animals proteins, I don't want to start eating a ton of meat because I don't think that's super healthy either. Probably should start eating more legumes. Do you think the inositol helps with food cravings?

I've been ttc year and a bit I have pcos but have regular periods . I have been going to fertility clinic for 4 cycles. They put me on letrozole cd 5 to 9 and trigger shot. First cycle was great had two good size eggs on both ovaries but had bfn. Second cycle my hormones were all over the place estrogen dropped so that was a bust. 3rd cycle I had a cyst. Now I'm on cycle 4 had two good eggs and decided to do iui my husband sperm was 65 million after wash and we did back to back iui secon iui he had 35 million. So everything sounds good but I'm 10 Dpiui and feel no symptoms and did a test and bfn so feeling really discourage

Did you have to do your own trigger shot? Is it really scary?

@2ducks Yes I did my own, I let my husband do the first one I was scared but I didn't really feel anything.

I did order Jarrows Inositol from Swansons. How much do you take and what time of day do you take it? I read it can cause sleepiness, so I will probably take it in the evening. I haven't received it the mail yet but I can't wait to start taking it. I hope it helps with my acne. Every time I have a break out on one area of my body, as soon as it clears I get a break out on a different area of my body! I also read it can help with hair and nails. I had a lot of hair loss when I stopped BCP so I hope this helps. I think for me cutting sugar is going to be the hardest, I am a true sugar addict. Eating candy makes me feel really good. I also want to find some non animals proteins, I don't want to start eating a ton of meat because I don't think that's super healthy either. Probably should start eating more legumes. Do you think the inositol helps with food cravings?

I have been taking it for three weeks now. First i was taking 4.8g at night and i did that for a week but then i read on somewhere that if u break it down and take some in the morning, it helps with losing weight and cravings. So i started taking 2.4g before breakfast and 2.4g before dinner. Definitely decreases my appetite! especially in the mornings.
Not eating candies and chocolate is the hardest but doable, i also got coconut palm sugar for my decaf coffee, im just too used to having my coffee, not ready to give p yet.

Also i cant eat lot of meat so i drink one protein shake a day, 40gr protein and also eat chickpeas, edamame beans, lentils which has complex carbs and protein. Also u can find protein breads for breakfast too. ahhh also nuts! really good source of protein and fat.

I feel like inositol helped my acne but i also use Retin-a-gel which clears my skin really well but its kinda drying and makes my face high maintenance area lol

Hey ladies.. i was diagnosed with PCOS about a year and a half ago and also hypothyroidism. I will be starting clomid soon as i am waiting for my period... i am in the same boat... i am excited for this next chapter and hope clomid works!

Nicole, I know what you mean. It is really discouraging being let down every single month. But hey, congrats on losing 100 pounds! That's awesome!

ttcbabyjan, So what exactly does a trigger shot do, and how does it work?

shortcakes, welcome! Thanks for joining us!

2ducks, I just asked on the other thread if you would keep me updated on the myo-inositol, haha. Looks like I'll have to try it, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->