TTC #1 with PCOS

I'm so worried about it!

UPDATE:
This morning I had this really odd pain in like my lower right abdominal quadrant. NowI'm having some cramps. I don't know if I'm finally gonna have my period again or what? Its been so long since I've had cramps that I almost forgot whal like. What do you guys think about this? :shrug:

I'm not sure what it could be but I've been having the same thing! Oh and also, do I notice in your info that you're from Utah? :)

I had slight cramping, lower back aches, bloating, and achy legs. lol I don't know whether to expect my period in the next couple days or what. I do know that today I felt strangely different. I'm not sure how to explain that other then to say it was just the oddest feeling.

Weight loss has been brilliant for my pcos, ive lost 112 lbs over a year and been maintaining since april, i only had 2/3 af a year and now its around 35-42 days one was even 27 days! I joined a gym and was exercising 5 times a week as well as diet, although now ive cut it down to between 2-4 times as i was getting a bit too slim. My doc said i would of found it really hard to conceive with so few periods before, and even now she said it may take 9 mths which is the average for a healthy couple, or even longer. Im going to start agnus castus next cycle to try and get them a little bit shorter, you should start trying out some ways to regulate your cycles, see what works for you.. Good luck and hope you get your bfp soon xx

Yes AnnLav! My DH and I moved here recently from AZ. Where are you from?

I agree Dodger! Thinking back to when I did have a period I don't ever remember feeling the way I did yesterday. Last night I was so nauseous... Have you been feeling that way too?? :sick:

Holy Cow!! Congrats on your weight loss Mrsc81!! I'm starting yoga tonight. They say its good for weight loss and relaxing. I've found its stressful TTC. Last night my husband was complaining that :sex: is turning more into a job for him. :confused: In a way I could kinda see that, but then again, I feel like he agreed to start trying so he should suck it up and deal with it.

Thanks everyone for the support.
Sending :dust: your guys' way as well!! :friends:

That's an awesome job on the weight loss MrsC81! I'm a bit behind you, but I'm hoping to lose a total of 88 pounds myself and I'm over 1/2 way there now. :)

cdespain9910 - I haven't felt nauseous yet, just different, like I'm holding myself different or something. I did have sensitive nipples yesterday morning though. lol

I've tried really hard to not put my hubby and I on a schedule. Luckily my hubby knows that I'm crazy about sex, so we pretty much hit every other day whenever I'm not on AF. lol A lot of ladies do experience the same with their husbands though, so you are in good company with that.

I had a gyno appt today and had an internal scan, my ovaries are now normal size and my left ovary is cyst free! :happydance: Im super, super happy.. He said he could see the follicle on my left ovary where i ovulated from 6 days ago! So i believe i have pco and not pcos now.. I put this all down to my weight loss, good luck ladies xx

Yes AnnLav! My DH and I moved here recently from AZ. Where are you from?

I agree Dodger! Thinking back to when I did have a period I don't ever remember feeling the way I did yesterday. Last night I was so nauseous... Have you been feeling that way too?? :sick:

Holy Cow!! Congrats on your weight loss Mrsc81!! I'm starting yoga tonight. They say its good for weight loss and relaxing. I've found its stressful TTC. Last night my husband was complaining that :sex: is turning more into a job for him. :confused: In a way I could kinda see that, but then again, I feel like he agreed to start trying so he should suck it up and deal with it.

Thanks everyone for the support.
Sending :dust: your guys' way as well!! :friends:

My husband and I grew up in Salt Lake City! :haha: we just moved to San Diego this summer.

My husband is the same way with :sex: he wants a baby really badly but doesn't want me to make him feel like we're only doing it because I need a 'deposit'. It's so frustrating sometimes but I've learned to just jump him when I need to and not tell him that it's because I'm close to ovulation :haha:

My husband and I grew up in Salt Lake City! :haha: we just moved to San Diego this summer.

My husband is the same way with :sex: he wants a baby really badly but doesn't want me to make him feel like we're only doing it because I need a 'deposit'. It's so frustrating sometimes but I've learned to just jump him when I need to and not tell him that it's because I'm close to ovulation :haha:

You are just down the 5 from me then. :) I'm up in Orange County.

Yeah that's probably a big part of it. I don't actually tell my hubby that I want sex because of the timing, I just make a point to jump him as often as I can! Which usually works out to every other day. lol

Well thats cool you guys live close to each other! I used to live in California too. But I lived in Tehachapi which is over by Bakersfield. Small world huh. I wish I did live way closer! Then we could all be work out buddies or something!:haha:

Me and my DH were pretty consistant with :sex: being like every other day but it has slowed down now. He works long hours so even if I really try every other day sometimes hes just like "Im tired" :(

Thats great Mrsc81!!! Keep up the good work!!! I hope you get your :bfp: soon!!! As well as all my other buddies on here!!!

You are just down the 5 from me then. :) I'm up in Orange County.

Yeah that's probably a big part of it. I don't actually tell my hubby that I want sex because of the timing, I just make a point to jump him as often as I can! Which usually works out to every other day. lol

We're definitely loving the weather here in Cali! :haha: I try to jump my hubs every other day too but with his crazy Navy schedule I sometimes don't see him for a couple days, and it always seems to work out that he's gone on the days that I ovulate!

Gosh! That really sucks because there is no way around that kinda stuff. You cant exactly tell your body "You have to wait til hubbys here to ovulate so hold off for a few days!" Nor can he say "I cant defend the country today because my wife is ovulating!" Although, itd be nice in your situation.

Yeah the weather is awesome here! :) That sucks about the schedule difficulties... and like cdespain says, there isn't really a way around it. :( I just hope that your schedules mesh well soon and that it results in a sticky bean for you!

Thank you ladies! I just hope we all defeat this darn PCOS and get our sticky beans! :hugs:

UPDATE:
DH and I DTD last night. :haha: So lets see what happens with that. I was impatient this morning and testing again!! :( I dont know why I keep doing that to myself.... :shrug: Oh well I guess. One day it will be a :bfp: and Ill be so glad I tested. LOL

Hello ladies!

I too am a fellow pCOS'er , it is a horrible thing but can be fought :) i am baking my own little bun!

when I was with my ex husband and found out i was had PCOS as i came off pill and didnt have a period for 6 months i was in shock, so we tried for a year and nothing.. tried loosing weight and the low GI diet like the recommended and the metformin etc..but i wasnt ovulating :( then i was given clomid but didnt finish the course as our marriage broke down. (small mercy that i didnt fall pregnant i guess with him, fate really but thats another story lol )

My periods where still all over the place..so i went to a chinese herbalist, they did acupuncture and gave me herb stuff etc... within two weeks i had my period..and since then been pretty much regular sometimes 35 days sometimes 28 but atleast its every month more or less.

and now when my OH and i decided to try, it only took 3 months (sorry ladies that have been at it longer! i know its heartbreaking)

i wish you good luck! but diff get your cycle going regularly!

baby dust to allll!!!

Hello everyone. Im new and struggling!
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS after TTC #1 for 1 year and with no luck.
Although I have PCOS my cycles have always been regular. NO more than 35 days. Since I went to the doctor I have had 2 completely strange cycles. (And she didn't do anything to me or give me anything). Currently I am on "stand by". I have not had AF since 14 of Sept. When AF comes I will start first round of Clomid.

I am not pregnant, I just took a blood test which was neg.
This is completely strange for me, and I am trying not to stress too much as this could cause even more of a delay. Does this mean PCOS is getting worse??
I have contacted my doctor, and have an appointment on the 5th of Dec.
I have also heard that with PCOS women, HCG rises very slowly. Women have not gotten their BFP until after 6th week.
Any thoughts???

HI CanD. I too am new to the PCOS thing and therefore do no know a whole lot about it. I was diagnosed in March 2011 and havent had a period since April. I also have never gone back to the doctor (which I definitely DO NOT recommend) I have read women with PCOS do have slowly rising levels of HCG but I couldnt say for sure obviously. LOL So Im not much help but I welcome you anyways :flower:

WOW! This is so cool! I am new to this forum stuff!
Its really nice to have someone to talk to, that is in the same situation as me, because it seems like no one else has any idea about what i am going through or PCOS in general.
Its like you have 527 questions to ask the doc. but they dont have a huge amount of time to sit and comfort you. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks!

YOur AF disappeared after you went to the doc. too?? :) (I know that has nothing to do..Just a funny coincedence)

WOW! This is so cool! I am new to this forum stuff!
Its really nice to have someone to talk to, that is in the same situation as me, because it seems like no one else has any idea about what i am going through or PCOS in general.
Its like you have 527 questions to ask the doc. but they dont have a huge amount of time to sit and comfort you. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks!

YOur AF disappeared after you went to the doc. too?? :) (I know that has nothing to do..Just a funny coincedence)

This forum has been an amazing find for me as well. I have a ton of forums that I've been a part of, but it seemed like there really weren't that many people that had pcos or were going through what I've been going through either. Here I've found a ton of great people that have the same issues that I do and it just is so comforting!

I don't know if I mentioned this in the other thread, but like cdespain, my period has been non-existant for the last year and a 1/2. The only reason that I've had the 3-4 periods that I've had is because my OB gave me prometrium to kickstart them every 6 weeks if they don't show by then. Mine didn't disappear after a docs visit, but after I went off of BC instead. It was kind of like going off BC was the straw that broke the back of my PCOS and made it really rear it's ugly head. lol

My 1st OB was less then helpful with all of this just telling me that my hormone levels were normal and that she had no idea why my period wasn't coming. My 2nd OB has been a true Godsend! My first appointment with her lasted 2 hours. TWO HOURS! She sat and asked a ton of questions to get to know about me and my history and how my body works. She listened to my comments, asked more questions, and took the time to answer all of mine.

Then she sent me to another Godsend! My endocrinologist. She again did the same thing - took the time to get to know me via questions and answers and more questions. She took the time to explain my blood work results when I got them and answer any questions I had about pcos and changes in my life style that I should make.

It so frustrating when you don't have that support from your doctors. They throw these things at you and then expect that you will just intuitively know how best to fix it. *ugh*

If there are any questions that I can answer regarding pcos, I'm happy to do so within my limited experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->