TTC #1 with PCOS

UPDATE:
I have been so sick lately! I have been puking for two days now. I can't tell if it has something to do with what we ate on Thanksgiving or if its some other kind of sickness. Oh well I guess lol. DTD again last night. I'm very impatient and want to test again but I dont have anymore tests. :shrug: I guess I'll give in and go get more :laugh2:

Here's to hoping that the nausea is because you're cooking a little Christmas bean! :hugs:

I hope your sickness lasts a few weeks. :p Haha, well... not really... but you know what I mean. Here's hoping for baby and not bug. LOL

This forum has been an amazing find for me as well. I have a ton of forums that I've been a part of, but it seemed like there really weren't that many people that had pcos or were going through what I've been going through either. Here I've found a ton of great people that have the same issues that I do and it just is so comforting!

I don't know if I mentioned this in the other thread, but like cdespain, my period has been non-existant for the last year and a 1/2. The only reason that I've had the 3-4 periods that I've had is because my OB gave me prometrium to kickstart them every 6 weeks if they don't show by then. Mine didn't disappear after a docs visit, but after I went off of BC instead. It was kind of like going off BC was the straw that broke the back of my PCOS and made it really rear it's ugly head. lol

My 1st OB was less then helpful with all of this just telling me that my hormone levels were normal and that she had no idea why my period wasn't coming. My 2nd OB has been a true Godsend! My first appointment with her lasted 2 hours. TWO HOURS! She sat and asked a ton of questions to get to know about me and my history and how my body works. She listened to my comments, asked more questions, and took the time to answer all of mine.

Then she sent me to another Godsend! My endocrinologist. She again did the same thing - took the time to get to know me via questions and answers and more questions. She took the time to explain my blood work results when I got them and answer any questions I had about pcos and changes in my life style that I should make.

It so frustrating when you don't have that support from your doctors. They throw these things at you and then expect that you will just intuitively know how best to fix it. *ugh*

If there are any questions that I can answer regarding pcos, I'm happy to do so within my limited experiences.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your support dodgercpkl, and sharing your experience with me! :thumbup:
I am feeling a bit more hopeful today as AF decided to show yesterday! YAY! I have never been so happy to see her! Now I can try my first round of Clomid on Tuesday. Fingers crossed!
Question to those of you who may have tried clomid before: AF started lightly on Sat. semi disappeared until Sun. night (and still light but continuous). I counted the first day of cycle from Sun. is that correct? I don't wanna mess it up. :wacko: LOL!

CandD - Glad I could help! :) I'm not sure on the answer to your question... when it started on Saturday, did it start in the night? I think you are probably right though and that Sunday would be CD1. Congrats on getting your period and getting a new start on a cycle!!

UPDATE:
No more puking for me! :( I still feel sick, but haven't actually puked since those two days. I've been feeling so yucky, I even turned down :sex: which rarely ever happens! Other than that, I have nothing else going on with me. I still haven't gotten any tests, but its on my long to do list! :) hope everyone else is having better luck than me!

Thanks Dodgercpkl! I am feeling better and have the motivation to change my diet. I am a bit over weight... not too much, so I never felt that eating carbs and sugar (which I am always craving) was so destructive to my system.
Now, I feel that over the summer I put some extra lbs on and was eating whatever I want, whenever I wanted, which made me not get AF on time for these two cycles. About two weeks after taking glucophage again, it came! I hope that maybe my observations could help any of you. :)
cdespain9910 - Im really sorry about you feeling so yucky! I hope you feel better!!
Another question: does anyone have low libido?? I sure do!

@Candice - what dpo are you on right now? Any thoughts on when you'll test?

@Christi - Glad to help! I read an article that was all about food and how it effects fertility and it reinforced my resolve to keep the bad carbs and processed sugars out of my diet regardless. They talked about how a medium french fry once a day can drastically lower your fertility etc. I have a high libido, so I can't help you there... lol My hubby gets sex ANY TIME he's up for it. lol

I just realized that I haven't let you ladies know of my good news! I did my hpt yesterday and got a BFP!!! They are very faint, but both my hubby and I could see them, and one was strong enough to show up on camera!! My OB had me come in for a blood test and hopefully I should have the results of that in a few hours. I'm SOOOOO excited!

I just realized that I haven't let you ladies know of my good news! I did my hpt yesterday and got a BFP!!! They are very faint, but both my hubby and I could see them, and one was strong enough to show up on camera!! My OB had me come in for a blood test and hopefully I should have the results of that in a few hours. I'm SOOOOO excited![/QUOTE]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
If its there, its there! ALL THE BEST!! :thumbup:

Congratulations on your :bfp: CanD! Keep us updated on the blood test! :happydance:

She was quoting what dodger said :haha:
She hasnt got a bfp!

*giggle* I've had a few moments like that myself Ann! When the quotes don't come through properly like that it looks like something they wrote rather then a quote!

Congratulations on your :bfp: CanD! Keep us updated on the blood test! :happydance:

Thanks AnnLav!!! :) I wish... SOON hopefully! :)
But lots of congrats and baby dust to dodgercpkl!!! My heart goes out to you!

Thanks AnnLav!!! :) I wish... SOON hopefully! :)
But lots of congrats and baby dust to dodgercpkl!!! My heart goes out to you!

Just think of it as a preemptive congratulations because you're going to get your :bfp: very soon! :haha:

We had stopped using protection of July of last year. We were NTNP. My periods were super regular. They were 31 days apart give or take no more than one day from July to May of this year. After no success, I finally thought I was preg after AF never came but tests were repeatedly negative. I went to the doctor and she said I had PCOS based on family history and me carrying a lot of weight in the tum. She prescribed me Metformin 2000mg everyday. After 3 weeks I got up to 2000mg after having started with 1000mg everyday. I took it all of last month, with birth control Ocella (generic of Yaz or Yazmin i dunno) for 2 weeks and then I quit the birth control. My period came about a week and a half later. I continued with the metformin and I just got my BFP today! The metformin was hard to stomach as well so she put me on extended release. It's great, I've even lost a few pounds and don't feel so bloated in the stomach! Well I'm sure that's going away because now I look 8 months pregnant. LOL!

Also! When I was taking the birth control I noticed my nipples hurt like no other, couldn't let my bf touch them. My doctor said it was because of all the estrogen. I felt the same way these past couple of days, and I know estrogen goes down before your period and increases afterwards to aid in ovulation. That's what really led me to buy a test!

We had stopped using protection of July of last year. We were NTNP. My periods were super regular. They were 31 days apart give or take no more than one day from July to May of this year. After no success, I finally thought I was preg after AF never came but tests were repeatedly negative. I went to the doctor and she said I had PCOS based on family history and me carrying a lot of weight in the tum. She prescribed me Metformin 2000mg everyday. After 3 weeks I got up to 2000mg after having started with 1000mg everyday. I took it all of last month, with birth control Ocella (generic of Yaz or Yazmin i dunno) for 2 weeks and then I quit the birth control. My period came about a week and a half later. I continued with the metformin and I just got my BFP today! The metformin was hard to stomach as well so she put me on extended release. It's great, I've even lost a few pounds and don't feel so bloated in the stomach! Well I'm sure that's going away because now I look 8 months pregnant. LOL!

That's amazing! Congratulations! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->