TTC 10 months - Any stories to give hope?

Juice

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm 35 and have been TTC for 10 months. I have 6 friends/family members who have concieved in this time (very quickly). While I am thrilled to bits for them, I can't help feeling envious too. It's so frustrating and I worry that it will never happen.

I'm sure most of you on this forum must have had or are experiencing similar emotions.

Is there anyone out there who has been through this and had been lucky enough to concieve? If so, do you have any tips?

:flower:

I have not been TTC'ing that long but have you tried different things, like grapefruit juice for CM, CBFM or Preseed for instance. you hear of women trying for years they try one of the above and bang they are pregnant. Also it is worth checking everything is alright your partners side etc. Good Luck

Hiya,

I'm 37 coming up 38 and conceived after 10 or 11 months of trying.

I took pre-natal vitamins (pregnacare) - oil of evening primrose during first half of cycle, stopped drinking alcohol (partner same) - I also started acupuncture the month I conceived oh and did the SMEP plan (sperm meets egg plan - google it if you don't know what I'm talking about!). This meant that we DTD from much earlier on in the cycle I conceived (from day 7/8 I think) and i now believe I ovulated earlier than I thought and so had been missing the egg in previous months.

HTH and good luck!!

p.s. really understand about feeling envious of others who become pregnant easily before you! Happened to me too...

x

Juice - have you had any tests done? we were TTC for just over a year with no luck so I went and had tests done. Turned out I had DOR (diminished ovarian reserve - basically eggs running out early), OH also had slightly low motility. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with you obviously, but I was annoyed with myself that I had taken so long to go and check it out... but we were being very relaxed 'see what happens' attitude at the time. If nothing else, it will help put your mind at rest - and IF there are any issues you can deal with them in a positive way.

After monitoring and testing I ended up going down the Clomid & IUI route and it worked (2nd IUI cycle, 1st clomid cycle) - it's still early days, but at least I know it is possible now! It may have happened on its own as I was still ov'ing regularly on my own, but I had enough of getting AF every month and the disappointment. I felt much happier once I was doing something positive about it.

Like you, all my friends seemed to be getting pregnant so easily - one friend even got preg with her 2nd and I had been TTC since she was preg with her first! Oh yeah, and she announced her preg to me about an hour after I had just been diagnosed with DOR!! (she didn't know that obviously!) it's tough dealing with everyone seemingly getting preg and you not, and feeling like they'll all have something in common and you'll be left behind, but it will happen for you!!! Good luck x

oh and ps - i can also recommend the clear blue fertility monitor - it's quite expensive but is great for getting an idea of your cycle in an easy way without worrying about temping/charting etc. You basically poas every morning for a few days and it lets you know when you are about to ov so you can time your BDing around it... like pachamama says - you might be missing the crucial day by a day or two each month and you wouldn't know. I used it and discoverd that I ov on CD12 or even earlier some months, when otherwise we might not have BD'd until after that...

I second the cbfm as an option. You can get them cheaper on ebay, which is what i did. I now could probably get away with not using anything as i know when i ovulate so can just count the days in my cycle and make sure i do it on the right days.

Good luck! :)

I also took pre-natal vitamins a few months before i got pregnant, already have 3 boys aged 17,18 & 19 to ex hubby, but been trying with boyfriend for 6yrs and even went as far as IVF cos we was classed as 'unexplained infertility'.... Anyways just started on the Pre vits and both went out got really drunk and bingo it happened :happydance: so there is hope, good luck x

Btw ive just turned 40 :thumbup:

Hi, I am 37 and we were trying for 9 months after a miscarrage at 6 weeks last october. Anyway OH persuaded me to take a month off from forums, temps charting and being good, (not drinking) and I got pregnant that month. Our bodies are weird seems like you really want it and can´t stop thinking about it and everyone says relax, which is impossible and frustrating and then wham bam it happens when your guard is down. Good luck and don´t give up hope, fingers crossed for you you get your bFP soon.

. . . OH persuaded me to take a month off from forums, temps charting and being good, (not drinking) and I got pregnant that month . . . wham bam it happens when your guard is down. Good luck and don´t give up hope, fingers crossed for you you get your bFP soon.

Great to hear stories like that. Am just using the calendar method for ovulation this mth and see how I go. Couldn't afford the test sticks for CBFM Lol. Trying to be more relaxed and definitely won't be symptom spotting.

Thank you all for your kind words of support and advice :flower:

I have now bought the CBFM to get a real feel for my timing.

Well, now I have a few more ideas of things to try, it has given me a little more hope.

Wishing you all the very best of luck xxx

Well, now I have a few more ideas of things to try, it has given me a little more hope.

Hey Juice! I have just ordered my CBFM. How are you getting on with yours? :flower:

Hi - just wanted to say that we tried for about 5 months and then i bought a CBFM. I realised then we were completely out on the timing and had been stopping much too early in the cycle. The CBFM made all the difference to me as i got pregnant the first cycle I used it!
Good luck!!! :dust:

I was trying for a few months and then bought the CB digi sticks, saved ourselves that month for Mr Smiley, made love everyday for 3 days, did lots of handstands (!!) and wham, BFP that month.

Good luck. FX's for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->