Ttc#2+ 2013/2014! - 6 BFP's, 4 angels

Wow brunette 11 days late to get a bfp...that must have kept you guessing. I know of a lady who took 2 weeks to get her bfp.

I won't look at your chart as I've never charted so wouldn't have a clue.

Just been sending myself crazy by taking opks the last few days and then analysing then to see if they are going darker, which they aren't so now convinced myself I can't be pregnant even though I'm only dpo 8. Think I might get my hubby to hide my opks and pregnancy tests until at least Monday. Xx

Can I join?! My daughter is almost 20 months and my husband and I just started ttc this month..she was a surprise so I'm confused on this whole ovulating thing and could use some help. I took my mirena out in January to give my body time to get "normal", we've been using condoms since. If my periods are 5-6 weeks apart and 6-7 days long how do I calculate when my fertile time would be?

Can I join?! My daughter is almost 20 months and my husband and I just started ttc this month..she was a surprise so I'm confused on this whole ovulating thing and could use some help. I took my mirena out in January to give my body time to get "normal", we've been using condoms since. If my periods are 5-6 weeks apart and 6-7 days long how do I calculate when my fertile time would be?

Hi and welcome:)

You could try google-ing ovulation calculators online and that will give you an idea. You would have to insert your cycle length, your lmp and it will give you the most likely days that you will be fertile. Also, you could check your cm and cp. Some ladies find this very gross, I know I did, but after ttc for a while, I guess we would try anything and everything.

Good luck and sending you lotsa baby dust:)

Hi Harleighsmom - my son wasn't planned and this is my first cycle trying so it's all been a bit confusing but I think I've got my head round it. You would likely ovulate 14 days before your period so let's say you had a 35 day cycle (5 weeks) then you would ovulate around day 21. Do you check your cM? I really recommend you do, I checked my cm daily and I saw real changes in it as I approached ovulation, and on the day I had lots of ewcm I got a positive opk. It's a good idea to test twice a day when you approach ovulation as you can miss the surge otherwise. I can't advise on temping, I did buy a basal body thermometer but as my body seems to clearly tell me when I'm ovulating I'm going to stick with cM charting and opks.

Good luck, there is alot to think about and it can be overwhelming but I found Google and reading lots meant I was very prepared and now I know my stuff. I'm one of these people that likes to be fully prepared. Feeling very impatient, I know it's only my first month but because I didn't have to try to conceive my boy I feel like it should happen NOW! Lol

Thanks ladies! I've tried a few ovulation calculators but I guess I just have a hard time trusting them since I'm not the average 28day cycle kinda gal. I don't check cm...I've just been keeping up with my periods since they were not regular in the past. I have done a ton of reading but it is so overwhelming it is hard to wrap your head around! According to the ovulation tracker I should ovulate tomorrow!

Hareighsmom - I have irregular periods too, they range from 35 days to 60 odd days...that's why I think cm charting is important because you really can't be sure when ovulation will occur.

Brunette - the website is countdowntopregnancy.com but if you click on my ticker it will take you to the website, just create an account and then go to to ticker bit.

Ok think I've got line eye, not only is my last opk significantly darker (thought it wasn't but it looks almost positive) and I swear I can see the faintest line on my hpt. Worried I'm making something of nothing...time will tell I guess.

I've got an account Hun. Just wasn't sure which ticker it was :)

Oooo fingers crossed!

I have a really crampy uterus today and lower back ache! Is that a sign of ovulation or is the dreaded AF coming early? I have water CM so I'm guessing ovulation!

Watery cm sounds like ovulation, mine was very watery prior to getting ewcm so keep an eye on it. Fingers crossed its ovulation.

I shall try not to get my hopes up, I want to say I'll wait til Sunday to test again but not sure I'll make it. Will try not to read too much into the opks, might be having a weird lh surge and It's making me see a faint line on the hpt. Mind playing tricks and all that.

I think I clicked on countdown in the ticker drop down. X

So I've just done another ovulation test and I don't think they are getting darker. What do you think? Top one was Tuesday bottom is today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6
Agree the bottom one looks darker, is that one the most recent? If so looks looks like ovulation is on its way.

I sent a pic of my hpt to someone and she said she can definitely see a 2nd line, said she instantly saw it. Eeeeeeek!!! Now just hope when I do another tomorrow that it's a bit darker. Don't want to get carried away just yet. X

Definitely darker hun!

Good luck cookie1979!
Xx

Good luck Cookie1979:)

Please update after you do another test!

I'll be kmfx for you.

Cookie get a picture uploaded!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Yes the bottom test is today's :)

Nel have you used conceive plus before?

Yes, used it when when TTC DD and got pregnant first month using it. I am convinced it helped and actually enjoy using it. Seem to be a lot of positive reviews out there...

Cd16 post pill n still no positive opk...but loads of cramping etc suggestive that something is going on...opks worked fine last time round so not sure what to believe...but b4 I go crazy I hav a plan, gonna opk til day 21, then stop (tho obv il opk if I get other symptoms so I can confirm) n just bd every other day as we have been doing til AF deigns to arrive n hope 2nd cycle is then a bit clearer! I've had a few v faint line on the opk but they were so vivid first time round I know these r a negative!

These are my charts. I usually check my CM a few times a day and change to to the evening one. Today it's creamy and my temperature has risen. Typically we fell asleep last night on the sofa so no :sex:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79