TTC #2 after c-section

pearlsquirrel

Reaction score
I have been TTC #2 for 10 months. We conceived #1 the first month of trying.

I had a c-section almost 3 years ago that didn't go very well and my uterus ripped perpendicular to the incision site. I lost a lot of blood and had to get 2 units of blood a couple days after the c-section.

I am afraid that I may have scarring. My current Dr did a pelvic ultrasound and said that everything was clear. The Dr won't meet with me again until we hit a year of ttc.

Can a pelvic ultrasound miss scar tissue? Should I try to push for a laparoscopy?

Gosh that sounds like it was very traumatic. I would have thought that an u/s would show scarring as it shows up tissue thicknesses. Of course there will be scarring - it's one reason why doctors have always been nervous to allow VBACs. But I guess it depends on the extent of that scarring. If it makes you feel any better, I fell pg with my first within the first three months. He was delivered by c-section and then I took a year to fall pg with my second. I started temping and that was my turning point, charting showed I wasn't ovulating when I thought I was and we were dtd at the wrong time completely! Are you charting? At least you're close to being able to book a follow up appt with your doc, although waiting so long must be so frustrating.

Yes, I have charted and done opks. I ovulate between CD13 and 15. My cycles are 26-28 days depending on ovulation. I just have this awful feeling in my gut that something happened during the csection that I don't know about that is affecting my fertility.

i feel the same as you. although my c-section was not as traumatic to yours :)hugs:) i had a 2nd C-section with my son (daughter was EMCS) after my son refused to come himself haha. anyway, while he was being delivered my surgeon found endometreotic tissue and removed it at the same time.

so i concieved my DD 2nd cycle, my DS 2nd cycle and i also conceived in between the 2 of those first cycle trying but sadly ended in an MC.

we're now on cycle #4 trying for #3; gut feeling is here too :s hope we are wrong and conceive quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->