TTC #2 and frustrated

Overwhelmed

Reaction score
Let me start by saying this is my first time ever joining a forum and I am not really sure what I am looking for- reassurance? A little history: my husband and I have a wonderful 3 year old little boy. We had absolutely no problems TTC with him. It was like went off birth control and boom was pregnant. We decided to wait between kids and I was on the minipill and nursing. I also lost about 100lbs (not counting baby weight) . I went off birth control in December of 2011. We weren’t really TTCing until June of 2012 and we got pregnant in August 2012; however, we miscarried at what would have been 8.5 weeks (they measured the embryo and it stopped growing at 4.5 weeks). With doctor orders we waited until my numbers returned to 0 and then tried again. It was a very short wait for my number to drop to 0 (4 weeks I think) and we were pregnant again by October, but again we miscarried- well possibly the doctors never saw anything on the ultrasound so they treated it as a tubal. After the methotrexate, we again waited until my numbers were at zero- this time it took forever: January 2013. By this time I also had cysts that would come and was consistently having ultrasounds ( I was at the doctor’s office so much they began letting me use the employee entrance- not kidding I was there once a week pretty much from August 2012 to March 2013). In March the last cyst finally went away (we were TTC since my numbers reached 0 in January), and we had hope that this would be it.
It is now July and still not pregnant. I am in the middle of my first round of Clomid and had my 14 day ultrasound the other day. She said the lining is good (8.6) and I have one mature follicle (or something like that). Doctor said it looks promising and to TTC every other day until either a period or positive pregnancy test. I am just not sure what to think this time. The doctor keeps saying they know it is possible since we have technically conceived 3 times, but I want to know the difference is now from 4 years ago. My blood work is fine – I am hypothyroid but that is under control. Anyone else out there have a similar experience? I know it could be a lot worse and trying to keep faith that it will happen when it is supposed to

Hubby nd I r still trying for our earthly baby. We had twin boys in 2010 that were full term but they sadly passed away shortly after having them. We have since had 2 early MC's under 12 weeks nd our last loss which was Jan 2012 was triplets which we made it to 14+6. I am currently on my 3rd round of femara nd hoping it works like a charm for us. Hubby nd I have had every test known to man nd we r both fine, so it's just one of those things that doesn't happen straight away when we would like it to. With our losses, besides the twins, again it was put down as one of those things as all testings came back fine nd normal. We r very much ready nd wanting our rainbow baby.
Sometimes it can just take a lot longer than we hope it to sweetie. Have they tested ur progesterone? Nd done CD3 bloods to c were ur levels start?
I no it gets frustrating nd this journey can b so soul destroying at times but it will all b worth it honi. I am so sry for ur losses Xxxx

I am sorry to hear of your losses- it sounds like you have found a way to stay strong. At this point I am not sure what blood work they have done. I know there was nothing done at CD 3. I asked what the next step us if clomid doesn't work and she said they would check the tubes and hubby- he wad thrilled at this. I just don't understand if clomid just makes you ovulate how this is any different than without.

I am sorry to hear of your losses- it sounds like you have found a way to stay strong. At this point I am not sure what blood work they have done. I know there was nothing done at CD 3. I asked what the next step us if clomid doesn't work and she said they would check the tubes and hubby- he wad thrilled at this. I just don't understand if clomid just makes you ovulate how this is any different than without.

Clomid actually makes u have stronger ovulation, better nd more eggs. I would b asking to switch to femara thou as it's less harsh on ur body. R u having CD21 or 7DPO bloods? U said u had 1 mature follicle but did they tell u how many follicles u had in total nd there sizes?

Nope. She said just to call when I know if I am pregnant or need more clomid. She wasn't clear on the number - I think just the one mature and one small one. That is what she measured anyway and all I saw on the u/s. My doctors are pretty conservative which I like but I was expecting to see more. What is femara?

Nope. She said just to call when I know if I am pregnant or need more clomid. She wasn't clear on the number - I think just the one mature and one small one. That is what she measured anyway and all I saw on the u/s. My doctors are pretty conservative which I like but I was expecting to see more. What is femara?

Wot MG nnd days r u taking clomid?

Femara does the same thing as clomid but is less harsh on ur body nd a lot less side effects as well. I done 11 rounds of clomid nd I am now on my 3rd cycle of femara, so hoping this cycle works like a charm.

I took it days 5-9. My 14 day check was Monday which was actually day 15. Which means I should know if it worked by the 18th. When will you know if it worked this cycle?

Maybe try taking it 2-6 or 3-7 u may get more follicles that way. I am CD10 so I will no around the 24th, I am due to O in the nxt cpl of days.

With my daughter i got off bc april 28 and found out i was pg on the 22 of june 2011. I was on BC, and got pg as soon as i found out i stopped my BC but sadly it was to late and had a MC on the 30th of march, and i have had normal AF's since then and we still haven't conceived and it has been 5 months.

Unfortunately im 5-6 DPO, not sure if i O'd on the 27, or 28 of June and having some pg symptoms that i know i shouldn't be having yet so I have no clue what is going on with me.

With my daughter i got off bc april 28 and found out i was pg on the 22 of june 2011. I was on BC, and got pg as soon as i found out i stopped my BC but sadly it was to late and had a MC on the 30th of march, and i have had normal AF's since then and we still haven't conceived and it has been 5 months.

Unfortunately im 5-6 DPO, not sure if i O'd on the 27, or 28 of June and having some pg symptoms that i know i shouldn't be having yet so I have no clue what is going on with me.

I never know when I ovulate. The ovulation tests have the happy face, but to be honest I am not sure if I was actually ovulating or not so I feel your pain.

It always seems like if I don't use any O test I get pg but I never O the time in June I was on my AF when I got positive O test, the month before that I was on day 13 when I got positive O test, and had a 33 day cycle so I thought I was going to a BFP but nope.

It always seems like if I don't use any O test I get pg but I never O the time in June I was on my AF when I got positive O test, the month before that I was on day 13 when I got positive O test, and had a 33 day cycle so I thought I was going to a BFP but nope.

My doctor's advice was to stop using the tests and then just TTC every other day from day 10 through either AF or a positive HPT. They actually told me to get a babysitter and relax. Before commenting on how insensitive that may sound let me remind you that I have been in their office almost weekly for a year due to miscarriages, cysts, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->