TTC #2 and struggling

Srbjbex

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm starting to feel very down about our failed efforts to TTC#2. We have been trying now for about 10 months and not got anywhere. It's not helped by the fact large amount of my close friends are all pregnant at the moment.

I really wanted a two year age gap and now I think its going to be more like 3 (at least). It's such a strange emotion as I love DS1 to bits and I feel so so selfish that this is not 'enough' for me.

I hate having no control over this and it's really starting to get me down. I'm really just looking for some support from others TTC for number 2 and struggling. Would anyone like to share?

Hi i so understand where you coming from i have been trying over a year & when i finaly decided to get help it didnt get far i want a 7 year gap btw mines due to the fact DH have kids already to give them time to adjest to each other before we added to our extended family & now its almost 2 years & no success at all did 2 rounds of clomid. I getting to the point to where im tired of the vit. and herbs i think imma let it happen on its on before i get to stress over it

Hi wishful. Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear about your struggles. Im completely with you on the getting tired of the vits and herbs thing. Ive been taking pre natals, b complex, EPO and agnus cast us. But ive decided for this month to just do the pre natal vitamins and give up on everything else.

I feel the same!! Love my DS and feel so blessed to have been able to have him but I desperately want a sibling for him. And I wanted less than a two year gap but that is looking less and less likely. DS is almost 13 months and we have been trying for #2 for 7 months. I really thought I would get pregnant quickly this time. :nope:

Me too! It's so good to realise I'm not the only one feeling like this. Crazy mixed emotions!!

Out of interest, how long did it take you guys to conceive #1? Although I know this bears no relation to how long for number 2. With me it took 5months but then miscarried, and then another 3 months to get pg with ds1. I think because of this I thought I'd be looking at the 6 month mark but here we are in month 11.

It took us 10 months then I had an early MC and it took another 3 months after that to get pregnant with our son. So yea I guess I should have expected it to take a bit because obviously I don't get pregnant that easy. But I have several friends that either conceived easily the second time when trying or had an oopsie. A lot of them have kids less than two years apart and didn't even want it that way. Here I am, wanting that, and it's not happening. Go figure! :dohh:

Where are you in your current cycle?

CD8 so gearing up to start BDing again soon. I normally ov around CD16. What about you?

I'm on cd13. I usually OV on cd 14-16. I am thinking it will be Thursday (cd15) so BDing has been in full swing this week but I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I actually had a chemical pregnancy last month. What are the odds of conceiving two months in a row for me? Lol

Ooo best of luck then for this cycle! I reckon a pg straight after a chemical is pretty common! Ig its not TMI....whats your BD pattern like? We tend to do every other day but think we probably need to increase that....

Can I join ladies..........Been trying for 5 cycles to get bubba 2.

I know it isn't long, but its seem like forever and when you just turned 40 time is not on my side.

Hopeful - I had a CP in June and July and conceived my DS in August......

welcome Taurus! Come join the pity party haha!

If nothing else, I feel hopeful for you guys, as everyone I seem to come into contact with recently seems to get pg!!

Where are you in your cycle this month?

4dpo currently. Not feeling good about this cycle.

No symptoms so far.

Where are you?

Srbjbex - we usually bd every other day or sometimes every 3rd day, depending on how much my hubby works that week. He works a lot of overtime :wacko: Doctor says that is enough to catch the egg but I also wonder if we should try for every day. This cycle we did two days in a row then nothing last night. He better get home on time tonight and be ready after DS goes to bed! Ha :dance: I should be OV tomorrow.

Taurus - welcome! 5 months in the TTC world feels like forever, I know! You're early so no symptoms doesn't mean anything yet! :hugs: Thanks for giving me some hope! 2 chemicals in a row? So sorry! I had an early mc before conceiving my DS. How long did you TTC before your chemicals?

Went off birth control in November. Had cp in April, June and July. 3 in 4 cycles then conceived my son in August.

Wow, so sorry but happy that you got your rainbow baby :hugs: hopefully we all get our sticky ones this month! March sounds like a good month to have a second baby :winkwink:

4 dpo I wouldn't worry about symptoms - eggy will just be deciding where to implant :)

March sounds like a wonderful month to have a baby....

I agree. Bring on the march babies!

We are going to try and bd a bit more this month, so rather than every other day sort of do every 36hrs.

so we dtd this morning, so plan to go again tomorrow night, then sun morning, then monday night etc.

Every 36 hours sounds like a great plan! Might try that next month if I have to (hopefully not!! :winkwink:)

Well I have entered the TWW. :coffee: Hope we got in enough bd to catch that eggy!!! Hope you girls catch it too!! 13 more days until I :test:

How are you girls feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->