TTC #2 Cycle Day 1 7/16/13

Where there's a will there's a way :)

:rofl: Very true! :haha:

I should O on 2nd August. It's usually CD18. So will be BDing everyday from 29th. In a bid to get a girl, we won't be BDing after 2nd August.

We need to decorate a new bedroom for Rex too, Kyles. We're going to keep the nursery the same, just get a new carpet. We're going to do Rex a big boy bedroom, probably train themed. He's mad on trains!

That's our plan too. The nursery is pale green with jungle animals so it would suit a boy or a girl. At some point in the next few months she's going to move into the bigger spare room and we'll get her her own "big girl" toddler bed and let her decorate it however she wants.

Its all good except I will have to give up my shoe cupboard which currently occupies the spare room :brat:

What's the idea behind not bd after 2nd August to get a girl? is it something to do with female sperm living longer? Thinking back I think we did that the month we conceived livvy albeit not intentionally, just that I was away on a hen do.

There are different methods they say in trying for a girl, it says not to BD the day or a couple days before you Ovulate because girl sperm lasts longer. I know when we tried for Kyle we BD'd the day I was Ovulating. They say girl sperm lasts longer and is slower to get to that egg :hehe: Oh and NO orgasms during sex for a girl LOL. This is why hubby laughs at me :p
Our nursery where Kyle is currently- neutral green/yellow jungle animal theme, we are preparing him to move to his big boy room soon, needs carpet, paint etc it is currently my work out room. I need to move him so I can go through all the baby stuff I have saved, the closet is FULL of it!

Right now he is all about Minions!!!!!!!! Can NOT get enough Minions! not sure what theme we will make it, I think I may go with trains too! I like that idea!

Oh so sazzle needs to bd lots in the days leading up to ov day to get her girl.

my DH wants a boy. Last time we ttc I told him that we were more likely to conceive a boy if we bd with him on top. I think I did read about that somewhere to be fair but I mostly just told him that because I'm lazy :smug:

Olivia loves minions too. Did you take Kyle to see despicable me 2? We decided not to take livvy as she's still a bit too young. DH and I went to see it on our own - it was great but we felt a bit like we were cheating on her :haha:

Oh so sazzle needs to bd lots in the days leading up to ov day to get her girl.

my DH wants a boy. Last time we ttc I told him that we were more likely to conceive a boy if we bd with him on top. I think I did read about that somewhere to be fair but I mostly just told him that because I'm lazy :smug:

Olivia loves minions too. Did you take Kyle to see despicable me 2? We decided not to take livvy as she's still a bit too young. DH and I went to see it on our own - it was great but we felt a bit like we were cheating on her :haha:

We haven't seen it yet, we were planning on taking Kyle, even though he is young. Figured we could see how long he lasted through it lol. Still a debate....to go or not.

For a boy I would BD the day you are ovulating. That's the best chance for the boys to pull through :)

Hee hee I won't be telling DH that because I want another girl. We're just going to leave it to luck of the draw :)

I think they probably would sit ok through a movie, and with it being a kids one you wouldn't exactly be bothering anyone if he did kick off. It's just the worry that it might be a big waste of money if you have to leave early. I think if he loves his minions he probably would sit and watch the whole thing.

Our nursery is cream & beige colours with a teddy bear theme so def suitable for either gender. We were team :yellow: last time.

Yeah, I'm going with the theory that X sperm live longer. Worth a shot anyway!

We are currently debating taking Rex to see Monsters University at the cinema this summer. I just don't know if he'll sit through it or if the excitement of the cinema would make him sit still. I'm more edging towards the 'no' camp. But he sees the adverts at bus stops all over at the moment & goes crazy! Bless 'im!

Well we may or may not take him to see the movie this weekend. I'm still in the NO camp as well especially about wasting the money :/ We shall see.
DH Is still sick :( NO BDing yet....
Today is our anniversary so I'm sure tonight will be a GO! LOL

How's long your cycle, Kyles? I know I still have another 9 days til I O. This is the longest cycle ever! The TWW is going to be torture! :dohh: Even getting ready for our holiday isn't taking my mind off TTC!

My cycles vary, which is why I started thyroid medication, I would say about 36 days average..... so I still have time before we NEED to start :p Just wanting that little Girl :)

I know, me too! :pink: :cloud9: :blush:

We're BD every other night at the minute just in case I O earlier. Will step it up to every day next week.

I started getting cramps today.... weird, like bloating cramps, I am assuming (from readings) that this is early signs of getting ready to ovulate :) So we gotta get BDing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh exciting! You might be having a way shorter cycle this month. You could have a :bfp: in a couple of weeks!

you are getting me way to excited! LOL... FXing!!!! This waiting game is awful.

I'm getting the cramps too. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting at my desk and I got a really sharp pain in one side. I do normally get ov pain but not normally that bad or this early in my cycle. It could just be the particularly grueling session i had at the gym on Tuesday night, we had a new lady take the class and she's crazy :wacko: my abs and hips are killing me now!

My cycles are a bit shorter than you guys, normally about 28/29 days so I should ov this weekend :) But last month my cycle lasted 35 days- its never been that long before and I think I prolonged it by getting all stressed/excited thinking I must be pg but continually getting bfn. So this month I won't be testing until I'm a week late which should tie in nicely with you guys' longer cycles :)

Sorry for getting you even more excited, Kyles :haha:

There's no way I could hold out testing until I'm a week late! I'm a POAS addict! It'll take all my self discipline to wait until the day AF is due! I know I have to do that though. My luteal phase is only 12 days so there's no way if get a proper test result before then. When I first got pregnant with Rex, I only had a v faint line on the day AF was due, althought that wasn't with FMU. DH & I didn't know what to think! So I did about 5 tests over the next few days until I was sure it was a :bfp:

Lol well that's my plan but no doubt it'll go out the window by the time Af is due :)

It was just so stressful last month, I tested about a million times starting from the day af was due and was convinced it would eventually turn into a bfp. When AF finally reared her ugly head I was gutted :(

I actually got a very clear line on a FRER with Olivia at only 2 days late so chances are it will show up early again this time....

No way I could ever wait! If I had my way I would poas the day after o day lol.
With Kyle I knew I was pregnant 10 days after conceiving. My nipple felt like it was on fire!! So I did a tesrand bam bfp! I hope it is as easy this time to know as easy as it was last time.

I think it was just gas from a fiber bar yesterday lololol. I usually can feel ovulation pains as well.

No way I could ever wait! If I had my way I would poas the day after o day lol.
With Kyle I knew I was pregnant 10 days after conceiving. My nipple felt like it was on fire!! So I did a tesrand bam bfp! I hope it is as easy this time to know as easy as it was last time.

I think it was just gas from a fiber bar yesterday lololol. I usually can feel ovulation pains as well.

:rofl: fiber bar- love it!

I reckon my pain the other day must have been muscular. My temps are still way too low for it to have been ovulation.

I'm starting to get a bit impatient now lol

Well we had a visitor to our bed at 3am again last night. I don't know what's going on with her at the minute. She's still fast asleep star fish style in the middle of our bed and poor DH and I have had to sleep right on the edges of our own bed.

Toddlers really know how to spread out in bed don't they! Most days we have an early morning visitor & he only wants mummy cuddles so I end up with like 6 inches of bed whilst DH snores happily away :dohh:

Only 2 days to go til my fertile days start. Come on!!! It's reeeaaaalllly dragging.

Got to do a massive pile of ironing today ready for packing tomorrow. Hoping the stress if getting ready for hol doesn't delay O!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->