TTC #2 Not sure about charting

jleden84

Reaction score
Hey all,

I conceived my first little one about two months after trying several years ago. I used charting and it worked perfectly. I met all the typical criteria and even with PCOS had great success (and took metformin).

Well we've decided to start trying for baby #2. I got too excited and stopped my birth control on the start of the second week. So I'm sure that probably has thrown my body off. I had my withdrawal bleed two days after stopping. The withdrawal bleed lasted roughly 3 days and then after that nothing until Saturday when I started spotting brown. I've been dtd with hubby throughout even though I know the chances are unlikely so not sure if the spotting is just from that but my OPKs have all been negative and no CM signs etc...so really don't think brown spotting is due to pregnancy etc...

I've been charting but my temps have been high and all over the place. I think part of the problem is that I've been recording my temps but not necessary at the same exact time (sometimes one hour later than the previous day) so I wonder if that is affecting accuracy. I set an alarm from this day forward to make sure I do it the same time every day but I thought my temps would be in the 96 range like they were last time TTC. They've been in the high 97s and sometimes hitting low 98s.

Is this just a lot of hormonal confusion going on that will hopefully settle soon?

P.S I'm taking Metformin again per DR. recommendations.

Hey hun, temps need to be took roughly same time each morning id say to get a good reading throughout & must be as soon as you wake, stick that thermometre in ye mouth :)

I used temp method once after months of ttc & no luck & i fell pg that month. This time round we're abit more relaxed with trying, had my pill withdrawl bleed, ovulated literally 1.5wk later & then got my first period, i had a bit of spotting inbetween & got excited thinking ooh implantation but no ha ha! On 3rd cycle ttc now & last 2 times ive had my twinges for ov'ing same time.. May get more active this month hehe! Have you just come off pill in the last month? X

Hey hun, temps need to be took roughly same time each morning id say to get a good reading throughout & must be as soon as you wake, stick that thermometre in ye mouth :)

I used temp method once after months of ttc & no luck & i fell pg that month. This time round we're abit more relaxed with trying, had my pill withdrawl bleed, ovulated literally 1.5wk later & then got my first period, i had a bit of spotting inbetween & got excited thinking ooh implantation but no ha ha! On 3rd cycle ttc now & last 2 times ive had my twinges for ov'ing same time.. May get more active this month hehe! Have you just come off pill in the last month? X

Thanks so much for the reply! I stopped taking my bcp on July 23rd but I had taken the first week of pills. So stopped my bcp day 7 on July 23rd. Had my withdrawal bleed from the 26th to the 28th then nothing. Temps were all over the place. Then started spotting August 1st brown and still spotting today. My temp had dipped Saturday but then dipped Sunday too and then went back up today but like I said...I wasn't taking them the same time every day.

I'm going to force myself to get up at 5am every morning to make sure I get an accurate read. Ever since I went off my BCP I've been a little restless sleeping. Not sure if my hormones are just a bit off and causing some weird side effects like my sleep cycle.

Hubby and I have been BDing but not often since I don't think I'm ovulating right now :)

I looked back at my old chart and it did take me a month for me to really ovulate after coming off bcp so I may just have to be patient.

Keep on temping hun as you never know as you & hubs have been 'active' it can happen first cycle. when ive had to stop bc in the past half way through a packet i had weird spotting for about 2/3 wks eeesh & then was clear for about a week then had my full proper period, nightmare bleeding! Could be your body adjusting to lack of pill hormones hun, keep us posted though, i was happy to get my first proper non pill period so i could start a full cycle, have you had any other symptoms apart from
Spotting? I never get typical period symptoms or pregnancy symptoms so i always feel like im shooting in the dark as such Lol X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->