Ttc #2

I am TTC my second LO as well :) I am currently on CD9, first cycle using CBFM and I got my first High today, that I backed up with a wondfo, which seemed right on. I would of never thought that I O'd this early in my cycle, so I'm optimistic about this cycle. This will be our 4th cycle TTC since having my daughter who is 15 months now. I'm hoping or a boy ;)

Unlike many of you, though, it took me a VERY LONG time to conceive my first LO. We were not trying not preventing for about 13 yrs, about 2-3 of those yrs we were actively TTC with all the stops pulled out. Nothing ever happened, except a miscarriage at 7 weeks. After we gave up, I got pregnant about a 9 months later. She was a surprise, bc we had moved on. I'm hoping that since my cycles have "normalized" PP (they came back at about a yr PP while still BFing, just not exclusively anymore) My last cycle was 49 days and ended in a CP. This cycle my seems to be gearing up to O early, so I'm hoping that is good sign. And I am hopeful that this is the one. Very excited to be using the CBFM though. It's really neat. Oh, and I just turned 29 in March.

Hey Ladies! I'm a little late to this thread as I just came across it - I too am TTC#2 :) and really hope you all don't mind me joining in?

We have a little guy who will turn 2 in July and are ready to add to the fam :)

This is our first month officially trying and I'm already going nuts!

I'd love everyone's advice on my current situation...
We BD'd on Sunday, monday and tuesday...all 3 days negative opk's but lots of ewcm....this morning i got my first +opk and i know hubby won't go for BD tonight because he says he's drained lol
:(

Welcome Adrie, Thyite, Fxmummy, Amber, and Stephy!

adrie - fx for you that it won't take forever! i've been ttc since feb and it's getting to be a bit much.

thyite - i know waiting to test is hard but i try to wait to test til i missed af so i don't waste money with tests.

fxmummy - it only takes one time bding to be pregnant sometimes, so who knows, plus closer to o is better! and i know what you mean our little guy is almost 2 and i wasn't planning on waiting this long to ttc #2.

Amber - hmm that is an early o but if previous cycle was long could be! go with what the test says and have fun bding. i hope it doesn't take as long for you this time around, and i know it's hard but relax and try not to stress about ttc (it helped last time for you!)

Stephy - you're not late at all! i wouldn't stress too much about no bding the day you have a pos opk cuz little swimmers can last up to 3 to 4 days inside you. i would suggest bding every other day not only to not be drained but to help sperm count.

Thanks for the warm welcome MiBabyHopes!!
I completely agree with you! I should have just stuck with every other day!
I normally ovulate a couple days after seeing ewcm. So I'm thinking today or tomorrow. Got another positive opk tonight. Do you think I should BD tomorrow am?

Thanks for the warm welcome MiBabyHopes!!
I completely agree with you! I should have just stuck with every other day!
I normally ovulate a couple days after seeing ewcm. So I'm thinking today or tomorrow. Got another positive opk tonight. Do you think I should BD tomorrow am?

well it's up to u and ur hubby if it's every day or every other, i just suggested every other cuz i read it helps with sperm count. ff and other sites say that sperm can live up to 3 or 4 days after bding. i read a lot! am does sound good tho since u have the pos opk and ur hubby is tired today but i would discuss it with him.

welcome missjenna!!! we were the same with our ds, first try we were pregnant. now it's been 4 months on the 5th now, hoping it's not going to take too long!

*baby dust* - That's what they call it right? I'm trying to remember all the TTC lingo from the last time around ha ha :flower:

adrie - fx for you that it won't take forever! i've been ttc since feb and it's getting to be a bit much.

thyite - i know waiting to test is hard but i try to wait to test til i missed af so i don't waste money with tests.

fxmummy - it only takes one time bding to be pregnant sometimes, so who knows, plus closer to o is better! and i know what you mean our little guy is almost 2 and i wasn't planning on waiting this long to ttc #2.

Amber - hmm that is an early o but if previous cycle was long could be! go with what the test says and have fun bding. i hope it doesn't take as long for you this time around, and i know it's hard but relax and try not to stress about ttc (it helped last time for you!)

Stephy - you're not late at all! i wouldn't stress too much about no bding the day you have a pos opk cuz little swimmers can last up to 3 to 4 days inside you. i would suggest bding every other day not only to not be drained but to help sperm count.

So, I have to come right out with it, for you ladies to understand. I am like a complete 'control freak' (not with my hubs,lol) but when it comes to this whole TTCing thing, yes, I will be the first to admit, I am "controling" (if you want to use that word), but I much prefer to call myself, well prepared or "on top of things' and "informed" lol. Anyways. Like I said, I got a high fertility reading yesterday on my monitor, which was odd, but I thought, "a lot of women have had super success with this thing, so just go with it". Well, this morning, CD 10 I was fully expecting to get either a high or a peak reading on the monitor, I went ahead and collected my FMU and SMU (I normally run my SMU through the monitor, even though CB says to use FMU bc I only get surges of LH with my SMU so I thought it would be pointless to use FMU and I've been advised by many other ladies to use SMU in my situation) After collecting my urine, my long awaited cat tree and new litter box was delivered to my door and I quickly lost track of time trying to piece it together using the awful instructions that were included with it. By the time I looked at the clock and turned my monitor on and put a stick in it, it was too late!!!! :growlmad::dohh: It kept telling me to take it out and by default gave me a high fertility reading for today. So, now I'm officially "freaking out". We did BD last night and the night before so If I was going to get a Peak reading, then hopefully, we got that covered as long as we BD in the morning, maybe that night, definitely the next day, skip a day, and then one more for good measure. BUT I'm a little confused. My LH strips (I did a few wondfo's throughout the day and some of the test sticks) and OPK's actually seem to be back at a low fertility (though some LH was detected on the OPK, and both the wondfo's, my estrogen line has went back dark. Did I O and miss the surge, bc I didn't do another LH strip later on CD 9? I quite literally just started temping but I had a huge temp drop this morning as well, which makes me even more confused. Did I actually already O and the monitor missed it, or am I still waiting to O? Is anyone else using a CBFM? I'm going to attach some pics of my progression to the High, and then today's tests both the OPK's and the Wondfo's. One of the pics will have the wondfo's from today with yesterday's at the bottom for a comparison of darkness, and another photo will have the same but with the OPK's. Help. I'm freaking out already. :dohh: ( the last pic has the the CD 9 wondfo on the top)

Attachments

• CBFM High and Wondfo Comparison CD9 6.7.16 002 (640x480).jpg
    CBFM High and Wondfo Comparison CD9 6.7.16 002 (640x480).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Broken Cat Tree Piece, Cat on Tree, CD10 OPK's and Wondfo's FMU and SMU 015 (480x640).jpg
    Broken Cat Tree Piece, Cat on Tree, CD10 OPK's and Wondfo's FMU and SMU 015 (480x640).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Broken Cat Tree Piece, Cat on Tree, CD10 OPK's and Wondfo's FMU and SMU 024 (640x480).jpg
    Broken Cat Tree Piece, Cat on Tree, CD10 OPK's and Wondfo's FMU and SMU 024 (640x480).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Bergan cat Track Packaging Defect and Wondfo LH Strips CD10-6.8.16 011 (640x480).jpg
    Bergan cat Track Packaging Defect and Wondfo LH Strips CD10-6.8.16 011 (640x480).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
  • CD10 OPKS FOR CBFM AND WONDFOS 6-8-16 002 (480x640) (480x640).jpg
    CD10 OPKS FOR CBFM AND WONDFOS 6-8-16 002 (480x640) (480x640).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
These were taken with the colors enhanced slightly on my camera. Bottom OPK is CD9 (when I got a High fertility read) then all the rest are in order of Urine timing from FMU on to 11.35pm which is the top one. You can see the difference in reads in my FMU (2nd from bottom CD10) and my SMU (3rd from bottom CD10) That would of been two completely different reading which is why I use my SMU and not what it ask for, FMU. If that makes since.

Attachments

• CD10 OPKS FOR CBFM AND WONDFOS 6-8-16 018 (360x640).jpg
    CD10 OPKS FOR CBFM AND WONDFOS 6-8-16 018 (360x640).jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3
  • CD10 OPKS FOR CBFM AND WONDFOS 6-8-16 022 (360x640).jpg
    CD10 OPKS FOR CBFM AND WONDFOS 6-8-16 022 (360x640).jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3
Oh, and "baby dust" to all ;) Hopefully, this will end up being a "lucky thread" for us TTCer's on a second LO, like the other thread I have seen numerous times (it's been around so long, some of the ladies that joined it as TTCer's are fixing to give birth in the next few weeks! EeeKkk LOL.

StephyB- What kind of OPK's are you using? JC. And if it were me, I would definitely try to get a BD in in the morning, then wait a day, then one more time for good measure ;)

FXmommyduck- I know, I feel the same way. I was here a LONG time ago and left without ever getting a BFP. Then came back but was already pregnant, so I was in the tri forums. Now, to be back in the TTCing ones, it's just weird. But I have HOPE this time, as I'm confident I can pregnant, as she's snoozing away in the next room :happydance: This time though, we did an at home SA on hubs and it came back right, then I took the remainder of the "sample" and using my niece's microscope took a little looksie in on the swimmer's myself (after doing a lot of research so I would know what I was looking for, as far as good, great, and not so great, lol, bc I'm weird like that) and in my unprofessional opinion hubs swimmers are great ;) LOL :blush::haha: I have to admit, it was really fascinating to see it though.

So, I have to come right out with it, for you ladies to understand. I am like a complete 'control freak' (not with my hubs,lol) but when it comes to this whole TTCing thing, yes, I will be the first to admit, I am "controling" (if you want to use that word), but I much prefer to call myself, well prepared or "on top of things' and "informed" lol. Anyways. Like I said, I got a high fertility reading yesterday on my monitor, which was odd, but I thought, "a lot of women have had super success with this thing, so just go with it". Well, this morning, CD 10 I was fully expecting to get either a high or a peak reading on the monitor, I went ahead and collected my FMU and SMU (I normally run my SMU through the monitor, even though CB says to use FMU bc I only get surges of LH with my SMU so I thought it would be pointless to use FMU and I've been advised by many other ladies to use SMU in my situation) After collecting my urine, my long awaited cat tree and new litter box was delivered to my door and I quickly lost track of time trying to piece it together using the awful instructions that were included with it. By the time I looked at the clock and turned my monitor on and put a stick in it, it was too late!!!! :growlmad::dohh: It kept telling me to take it out and by default gave me a high fertility reading for today. So, now I'm officially "freaking out". We did BD last night and the night before so If I was going to get a Peak reading, then hopefully, we got that covered as long as we BD in the morning, maybe that night, definitely the next day, skip a day, and then one more for good measure. BUT I'm a little confused. My LH strips (I did a few wondfo's throughout the day and some of the test sticks) and OPK's actually seem to be back at a low fertility (though some LH was detected on the OPK, and both the wondfo's, my estrogen line has went back dark. Did I O and miss the surge, bc I didn't do another LH strip later on CD 9? I quite literally just started temping but I had a huge temp drop this morning as well, which makes me even more confused. Did I actually already O and the monitor missed it, or am I still waiting to O? Is anyone else using a CBFM? I'm going to attach some pics of my progression to the High, and then today's tests both the OPK's and the Wondfo's. One of the pics will have the wondfo's from today with yesterday's at the bottom for a comparison of darkness, and another photo will have the same but with the OPK's. Help. I'm freaking out already. :dohh: ( the last pic has the the CD 9 wondfo on the top)

I too am a controller!!!:haha: And I drive myself crazy most days!! What day do you normally O on? I'm not familiar with the monitor but have read many success stories about people using them!
The opk's don't look like you have o'd yet...but it looks to be coming?

Do you temp? When we were TTC'ing our little guy - I tempted with opk's and found it worked great!!

Next month, i'll be going back to temping lol

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today?

I didn't bother with any BD this morning - I had a positive opk yesterday morning and yesterday at 4PM but by 8PM, it was back to negative....so i'm going with - we got in enough BD the days leading up to the +opk and I will make sure we get BD tonight...
Other than that, I leave Friday for a girls weekend away...So no BD until Sunday lol

StephyB- Yes, I actually just added temping into my "control" lol. My temp was 98.1 CD9, 97.1 CD10, and 96.8 CD11 (this morning). So I'm not freaking out as much about missing my O on the monitor by not putting in the stick yesterday bc my temp is still dropping and as I understand (bc I don't really know a whole lot about it to be honest) it's a good thing and that I haven't officially O'd yet. Eager to see what the monitor says today, though, but I'm waiting on a SMU to test, bc like I said I don't use my FMU for it.

IF I were you though, with the OPKs, bc you can surge 12-72 hrs AFTER you get your surge I would definitely BD tonight, and then tom morning BEFORE you leave for weekend! And if Hub's is 'drained' just do it ;) It doesn't have to be an all out love making session, lol, you really just need his swimmers! Do you use Instead softcups after BDing? I think since you are leaving right after your surge, that they would really help. Esp with this last BD or (two) if you take my advice. BC sperm can survive for quite a while, so the longer you can keep them up there by your cervix the better. The softcups, for your period say that they can be left in for hrs, so when I do use them, I sometimes leave it in there for that long, after BD, bc I guess the way I see it, is I'm kind of giving myself an "extra" BD session bc more of them have a chance to get past my cervix the longer they are sitting in there "waiting" lol. To each their own, but I dont see it hurting. And esp. in your situation, with you leaving at a crucial time.

I will update as soon as I do my SMU and check my CP/CM, pics of the monitor and Wondfo, and what my chart is looking like.

Can someone help me get my chart on here so ladies can look at it, please?

StephyB- Yes, I actually just added temping into my "control" lol. My temp was 98.1 CD9, 97.1 CD10, and 96.8 CD11 (this morning). So I'm not freaking out as much about missing my O on the monitor by not putting in the stick yesterday bc my temp is still dropping and as I understand (bc I don't really know a whole lot about it to be honest) it's a good thing and that I haven't officially O'd yet. Eager to see what the monitor says today, though, but I'm waiting on a SMU to test, bc like I said I don't use my FMU for it.

IF I were you though, with the OPKs, bc you can surge 12-72 hrs AFTER you get your surge I would definitely BD tonight, and then tom morning BEFORE you leave for weekend! And if Hub's is 'drained' just do it ;) It doesn't have to be an all out love making session, lol, you really just need his swimmers! Do you use Instead softcups after BDing? I think since you are leaving right after your surge, that they would really help. Esp with this last BD or (two) if you take my advice. BC sperm can survive for quite a while, so the longer you can keep them up there by your cervix the better. The softcups, for your period say that they can be left in for hrs, so when I do use them, I sometimes leave it in there for that long, after BD, bc I guess the way I see it, is I'm kind of giving myself an "extra" BD session bc more of them have a chance to get past my cervix the longer they are sitting in there "waiting" lol. To each their own, but I dont see it hurting. And esp. in your situation, with you leaving at a crucial time.

I will update as soon as I do my SMU and check my CP/CM, pics of the monitor and Wondfo, and what my chart is looking like.

Can someone help me get my chart on here so ladies can look at it, please?

Thanks for all of your advice - I appreciate it :) And have never used a softcup before - i'll have to look into that!

What chart do you use for your temps?
When we were TTC #1 - i temped faithfully every day and charted it on fertility friend - i've been using it to chart CM/BD/pks this month but only 2 temps....I can't remember how to get it on here - i'll have to look and let you know

Morning ladies doing ok here! Went to bed early with dh and had some nice cuddle time together, still trying to get our heads around another!!

Stephy I'm like you with the opks I have a short surge which lasts about a day and then is back to negative, and I tend to O not the next day but the day after that. It's really weird but I have learnt that now!! My ewcm always disappears straight after O too.

Amber I used soft cups when ttc first time around. Not sure how much of a difference it made as we caught first cycle so I have nothing to compare it to. But I don't think it can hurt!

Morning ladies doing ok here! Went to bed early with dh and had some nice cuddle time together, still trying to get our heads around another!!

Stephy I'm like you with the opks I have a short surge which lasts about a day and then is back to negative, and I tend to O not the next day but the day after that. It's really weird but I have learnt that now!! My ewcm always disappears straight after O too.

Amber I used soft cups when ttc first time around. Not sure how much of a difference it made as we caught first cycle so I have nothing to compare it to. But I don't think it can hurt!

I think that's exactly what's happening to me right now - I think I ovulated yesterday - because I dried right up - but all cramps went away today and still all dried up...

I'm going to BD tonight and that will have to be good enough for this month - unless i can BD again in the am...but in all honestly - i think i have ovulated...

yes, i would like to know how to put my chart on here as well!

currently cd 9, i don't think i o'd yet but started bding last night and will continue to every other day (if dh and i can) until a couple days after i know i o'd.

I too am a controller!!!:haha: And I drive myself crazy most days!! What day do you normally O on? I'm not familiar with the monitor but have read many success stories about people using them!
The opk's don't look like you have o'd yet...but it looks to be coming?

Do you temp? When we were TTC'ing our little guy - I tempted with opk's and found it worked great!!

Next month, i'll be going back to temping lol

Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today?

I didn't bother with any BD this morning - I had a positive opk yesterday morning and yesterday at 4PM but by 8PM, it was back to negative....so i'm going with - we got in enough BD the days leading up to the +opk and I will make sure we get BD tonight...
Other than that, I leave Friday for a girls weekend away...So no BD until Sunday lol

yes, i would like to know how to put my chart on here as well!

currently cd 9, i don't think i o'd yet but started bding last night and will continue to every other day (if dh and i can) until a couple days after i know i o'd.

Well, I actually, just figured out how to do this, and you go to your FF click up at the top "sharing" then "get codes" Then come back here (make sure to copy and paste the BB code) go to "user cp" "edit signature" and paste the code into your signature then save. I had to play around with FF a few times to get mine right, but it finally worked right. ;)

Finally added my chart - thanks Amber!!

Although I don't have enough temps in there to make it confirm O - I do know that based on previous temping experience, I have O'd based on this morning's temp of 36.45 :)
Just not sure what day I o'd - either wed june 8 or thurs june 9...
Guess i've entered the dreaded 2 week wait lol
Hoping there was enough BD'ing going on...

Looks like I could be testing June 24 if nothing shows by then

well i tried to add my chart to the signature, tell me if it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->