Ttc #3 and vitex has messed me up!!

MamaCandace

Reaction score
We are ttc number 3 and I decided to take vitex in hopes of pushing my o date up. I typically ovulate around cycle day 18-20. After taking vitex the first month it made me extremely tired, moody, and gave me horrible acne. Plus, I didn't ovulate until cycle day 21. So, after all of the above I decided it wasn't for me. Now I'm on my next cycle and after a five day period I spotted everyday until yesterday which was cycle day 17!!!! I am freaked out that I have messed things up and don't know when they will to back to normal. Anyone have any ideas experiences or thought?!

That sucks but it's pretty normal to experience cycle changes initially when trying any supplement that is supposed to balance your hormones. My first month I had mid cycle bleeding along with acne while my hormones began to balance themselves out. Anytime your hormones go into fluctuation expect symptoms just like when some women get acne around their periods etc.

I wish these supplements were magic wands that worked perfectly the first cycle but that is why you will read about so many women who say you must try agnus castus or maca for 3 months to really see their complete effect. That being said agnus castus in specific may not be for you at all if hormonal imbalance isn't a problem for your in the first place. It doesn't work the same for everyone for sure! Perhaps you should schedule a doctor appt and have your levels tested so you can get a starting point and identify if you have any imbalances before you move forward ttc. Good luck and hope you get your cycle figured out hun :thumbup:

Sorry I can't answer but I didn't want to read and run I hope you get some answers love and good luck ttc #3 xxx

I had odd cycles for about 100 days on vitex (I ended up with super long cycles -52 days and 45 days ) so I dtopped taking it. I then had 7/8 short cycles starting the cycle I stopped taking it (23 days with O on cd6 and a 17 day LP) and this last cycle was 38 days with O on cd 23 (my cycles pre-DD were 35 days long, so this is a positive for me lol)

So yes! I figure it works differently for everyone. It didnt work for me.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->