TTC#3-CD2-Irregular periods ovulation testing

hopettc3

Reaction score
Hi! Hubby and I are trying for #3. We have 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old girls. This will be our first official month of ttc. We haven't been together the whole summer and just missed ovulation last cycle (I thought we may have made it on last day, but I guess not since AF got me yesterday).
So, I've ordered ovulation tests and pregnancy tests online which will be arriving next week. We live in a small town so if I buy anything in town, people will find out and we're trying to keep this to ourselves.
I took clomid to help me ovulate with my two girls, but this time we're going to try without it.
Does anyone know when I should start testing for ovulation? CD11? and then just keep going until positive? :shrug:

Thanks!

I was told to start testing from cd 10 until you get a positive. I am also TTC with irregular periods but for #2 :) x

Hello Hopettc!:hi:

I agree with uniquebeauty start on CD 10. I am also TTC #3. I never used ovulation tests but my sister started using them for 3 months and ended up pregnant! I have 2 daughters, 6 & 10 yrs old. I think it is great that your kids are close in age! I have been TTC for 2 months now, but was on birth control pill for 5 years which I stopped in July. By the way I am on CD 3. FX for you to receive your BFP!!

uniquebeauty: Thanks! I will definitely start at CD10.

momwife: We wanted to have all our kids close in age. Its super hard while their little, but I think it will be better for them when they're older. My sister and I are a year apart and we're super close so I hope my kids have that kind of bond. We're only a day apart in our cycles. I'm hoping this will be a normal 1 month cycle. Lately my cycles have been getting shorter so I really hope I dont have to wait 3 months for ovulation. Anyways, I really hope we get our BFPs this cycle!! Good luck!

I wish I was closer in age with my siblings. My sister is like 15 years older than me and my 2 brothers are like 11 & 14 years older than me. My husband was talking about how he wanted a big family. If we ever agree to have a 4th or even by mistake, I want the child close in age with the other child. Let's keep each other updated on what is going on with our cycles, if you don't mind. :flower: I ovulated my 1st month of the pill. Now I am just seeing if my cycles will regulate. Right now it seems like my cycles are but anything can happen. I used to go 7 days with AF while on and before BCP. Now it seems like AF is shorter which I am not complaining. Today, I am spotting, which I think AF is about to stop. Do you think you will chart? or you will just stick using the ovulation tests?

Hi! My AF is all over the place and actually still here CD5! I think its actually gotten longer the past couple years since I had my last baby. It used to be 4-5 days max and now it can go full 7 days! Hubby keeps asking when we can BD and I keep putting him off saying maybe one more day.
I would love to keep each other updated on our cycles :thumbup:. I won't be charting though. I'm only going to use the ovulation tests so I'll know when my two week wait is starting. I'm really hoping for a regular cycle! Its funny that I thought my cycles were getting shorter. I checked the last year and its mostly 3-4 months apart with like two 30-45 day cycles thrown in. Geez!! But I never used to get those one month cycles before so maybe I'm slowly getting shorter cycles :shrug:
Are you going to be charting or testing? I hope we get our BFPs!!!

I'm in the same boat ttc#3 I have 2 boys 3 & 13yrs old......ttc#2 took 5yrs so this time around I'm using the digital OPK's (no charting it drove me nuts when ttc #2 lol). Plus this is our 1st mo of trying and I stopped birthcontrol last month...I started testing today just because lol I'm on CD6.

Hi! My AF is all over the place and actually still here CD5! I think its actually gotten longer the past couple years since I had my last baby. It used to be 4-5 days max and now it can go full 7 days! Hubby keeps asking when we can BD and I keep putting him off saying maybe one more day.
I would love to keep each other updated on our cycles :thumbup:. I won't be charting though. I'm only going to use the ovulation tests so I'll know when my two week wait is starting. I'm really hoping for a regular cycle! Its funny that I thought my cycles were getting shorter. I checked the last year and its mostly 3-4 months apart with like two 30-45 day cycles thrown in. Geez!! But I never used to get those one month cycles before so maybe I'm slowly getting shorter cycles :shrug:
Are you going to be charting or testing? I hope we get our BFPs!!!

Hopefully your cycles ill get shorter. I was just chatting with my friend about cycles. She told me that AF for her lasts between 10-12 days! When she stopped taking birth control AF lasted for a few days only for 8 months and then she went to her normal 10-12 days. I can not imagine going 12 days.

That's great we both can update each other!:flower: I am only charting, just taking my temps every morning. I have been charting for 2 months now. With both of my daughters me and my hubby have never planned our kids. Now I am charting and thinking every symptom means I just might be pregnant in the two week wait.

Oh wow! Here I am complaining about a AF lasting till CD6! My hubby is more eager than me to try to get pregnant so of we had tot BD today. Lol!
I would probably forget to check my temp if I decided to chart, but I'm just like you when it comes to symptoms. I was gone all summer but hubby and I were able to BD on the day I ovulated and I got the worst pms symptoms ever. My bbs were sore, I had the worst back ache and bloated. I kept thinking I was pregnant and then AF showed up. I'm going to try to take it easy this time....I hope.

Hi! Hubby and I are trying for #3. We have 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old girls. This will be our first official month of ttc. We haven't been together the whole summer and just missed ovulation last cycle (I thought we may have made it on last day, but I guess not since AF got me yesterday).
So, I've ordered ovulation tests and pregnancy tests online which will be arriving next week. We live in a small town so if I buy anything in town, people will find out and we're trying to keep this to ourselves.
I took clomid to help me ovulate with my two girls, but this time we're going to try without it.
Does anyone know when I should start testing for ovulation? CD11? and then just keep going until positive? :shrug:

Thanks!

I was supposed to O on CD 16, but something told me to start testing early, and I tested on CD 9. CD 10 was much darker than 9 but still lighter than the control line, but CD 11 was the surge....so I was glad I caught it otherwise I wouldn't have started testing till the 12th!

Thats really good to know. I ordered OPKs online so won't be receiving them till CD10 or 11. I'm pretty sure I'll be okay since my cycles are soooooo long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->