TTC #5 at 38

lizziedripping

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I am 38, have 4 kids, and would love one last baby. I have a son aged 9, a daughter, 7 and twin boys, 18mths. My first two children were conceived literally within the first month of trying, but the twins took several months. I assumed the delay was because I was slightly older by then (36), but this year we conceived twice in March and May, again first time trying, but sadly lost those pregnancies (the first was an early chemical loss, the second a m/c at 10wks.)

This month we made our first attempt at conception since the m/c, and timed intercourse perfectly (hitting the day of ov and the two days before and after). This system worked back in March and May, but this month has failed :(

My question is, have some of you timed intercourse perfectly for several cycles but got a bfn, only to get a bfp after 3, 4, 5, 6 further attempts? I know we got the timing just right, and this has worked for us recently, but am now worried that something else might be wrong because it didn't work.

I know I am being irrational (in part due to the m/c and my desperation to be pregnant again), and that conception even for fertile couples can take several months in theory, but I would love to hear other ladies' 'real life' stories, and to know that fertile couples can take a while too.

I'm really hoping to stay relaxed about this whole ttc thing, so would appreciate some calming words of reassurance. :wacko:

I know I am being irrational (in part due to the m/c and my desperation to be pregnant again), and that conception even for fertile couples can take several months in theory, but I would love to hear other ladies' 'real life' stories, and to know that fertile couples can take a while too.

Oh, yeah, ttc makes anyone irrational doesn't it. :hugs:

I've had perfect timing for 16 of the past 17 cycles. Not sure why I'm still not pregnant. Docs say everything is fine. Just not lucky I guess. My first took 19 months, my second was 1 month, and my third was 7 months.

No, it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong if you don't get pregnant right away.

Good luck.

I am a mother of 5 with a loss last October due to missed miscarriage. I have no reason to believe that their is anything hindering my getting pregnant but with that said. We have been trying for a year now to conceive with no success and we to have had perfectly timed "sessions" so you are not alone.
To be honest I have never "tried" to conceive with my others it has just been something that happened. However sense our loss we have been trying with no luck at this point I guess we just have to wait until the time is right. So you are not alone and I don't think it means anything is wrong per say I just think it means we have to be patient and know that when the time comes it will happen..... lots of luck to all of us trying to complete our families

I'm in the same situation as you i have 4 boys and would love one more baby (yes it would be lovely to have a girl) but without success. I have always got pregnant straight away no ttc at all i was a very lucky lady. But since i've turned 36 this has completely changed. Myself and DH started ttc in December 2010 we got pregnant straight away but unfortuately i mc at 7weeks 4 days. I then got pregnant again in the May and mc again at 5+ weeks. And i've had 2 chemcials one in June and one in September. I have an appointment at the recurrent Miscarriage Clinic next Monday 21st November to have testing done so hopefully they will find out why this keeps happening to us. The tests i'm having are;

1. Karyotyping
2. Hormone Profile
3. Lupus Anticoagulant/Anticardiolipin Antibodies
4. Chlamydia
5. Rubella

and other investigations if needed:

Ultrasound and HSG

Fx'ed everything works out for you and you get your bfp very soon xx

Hi, I know this thread is a month or so old but I felt I had to post because it's great to find other 'large brood' mums who are ttc.
Me and DH have 4 children, 3 girls and a boy in that order, ages 14, 9, nearly 8 and 5. We've never had problems conceiving in the past, infact we were so fertile at one point that I fell pregnant whilst breast feeding, hence the 15 month gap between dd2 & 3, then when we tried for our little man, it happened in the first month off the pill.
But now, well, we've been trying for 3 and a half years, sometimes really 'trying' and sometimes 'NTNP', but it hasn't happened despite all tests coming back clear.
I have been having some cycle difficulties which I am in the process of getting sorted by gynea.
We would really love to have another 1 or 2 to finish our family, I've always wanted 6 children as long as I can remember. I'm 32 this year.

It's so lovely to find other multi-mums on here, I often feel like I'm greedy wanting more after already having 4 children, but I can't help my yearnings. It's so nice to see I'm not the only one.

I often feel like I'm greedy wanting more after already having 4 children, but I can't help my yearnings. It's so nice to see I'm not the only one.

:hugs:. Nope you're not the only one.

I've tried a few times to start a large family thread, but it never seems to go anywhere. I don't think that there are many women out there that want a bus full of kids. :haha:

3.5 years is a really long time to ttc. Sorry you're struggling.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"