• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after C Section Birth issues

pocketmum

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's taken me 19 months to start looking at Forums for support but since I am now at a loss of where to go next I'm hoping someone else out there might be able to share their experiences of something similar. And please give me (as well as others) a little hope :)

My husband and I have a little boy (who is just totally amazing!), he's almost 3 now. Shortly after his 1st birthday we decided to try for another child, that was in September 2011.

By Christmas 2011 my plan was to be pregnant (I know, sounds stupid now) but we conceived our son with very little effort, he was totally planned and we were incredibly lucky that it only took 2-3 months and so rather naively I presumed second time round would be the same.

After about 9 months of trying I presumed the stress of going back to work was the cause of not becoming pregnant and so I made the decision to be a stay at home mummy and get a part time (stress free) part time job. After around 12 months and still no joy I visited the doctor who did the usual 21 day tests for me and the rather horrible sperm test for my husband - all came back completely normal (I wasn't sure whether to be happy or sad we'd didn't get a reason for not conceiving).

Next step was to check my tubes were ok, after my doctor mentioned there could be an issue from having a c section birth (what?!!!! I'd never heard of this before) so I decided to go for a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and dye test. This was done in November 2012, they found my right fallopian tube was blocked from scar tissue from my c section birth, they cleared it out and fingers crossed it would all be fine now - relief! Finally I had a reason for what was happening to us.

Just before Christmas 2012 I had a positive pregnancy test, what an amazing Christmas present, my husband and I couldn't believe our luck! I had a scan at 5-6 weeks and all was fine. A week later I started bleeding and yep you guessed it, I miscarried :( after a week I was offered a procedure under a local to use suction to remove what was left (my god it was pretty painful).

Anyway, I know how common it is to miscarry so we decided to try and put it behind us and keep trying and then 6 weeks later another positive test, again we just couldn't believe our luck that was until a week later I got an awful cold, passed out and was rushed to A&E. I either had an infection from retained product (still in my womb) from the first miscarriage or another miscarriage (very very early) from a second pregnancy, I was devastated. I then stayed in hospital for 3 days (on antibiotics to clear the infection) then had a D&C. Doctors then mentioned the word "Molar" pregnancy - omg, I hadn't even realised this existed! After an agonising 6 weeks of waiting I got the negative results for this and we could finally move on and try again.

It's now almost June, I'm starting to loose faith this will ever happen for us. Is there anyone out there who has suffered anything similar? and even with with a happy ending?

Positivity desperately needed. Thanks for reading.

Grrrrrrr.....I have responded to you twice but before I have sent it it has been deleted!! Anyway long story short I just want you to know you are not alone. While I haven't experienced anything like you have and therefore have no advice or suggestions I am here to talk to. I too had a c-section and have been TTC # 2 for 18 months so in some ways I do understand your frustrations and pain (just not the awful experiences you have been through).

If you want to talk I am here :hugs:

Hi there WhiteOrchid24

Thanks so much for replying. I've not logged in for such a long time. I've suffered another miscarriage since I last wrote on here and am currently pregnant again and just scared to death to be honest.

I hoe everything is well for you
xx

Congratulations! Although I don't blame you for being so nervous. You have been through so much. I can't remember what it's called or all about it but I remember having read on other websites perhaps even here about recurrent miscarriages possibly being related to low progesterone? I think that's what it was.... have you had all of that tested or have they given you any answers to why you may have been having them, especially since you've had a few now?

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you that this one will stick and you have a H&H 9 months :hugs:

Hope your pregnancy goes well, I could have literally wrote your story up to the lap dye, although mine was my left side.
I'm currently taking tamoxifen to increase my eggs etc but currently no bfp :) fingers crossed it won't be long though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->