TTC after cesarean scar ectopic

RachaelsMommy

Reaction score
Hi all - this is my first time on one of these forums. Just wondering if anyone could offer me some insight.

I have a beautiful 2.5 year old who I conceived on the first try, first month off the pill. At the time I was having regular 28 day cycles every month. For some reason - which the doctors could not explain - she grew very large and we were offered a C-section (good thing too as she was nearly 12lbs when she came out). When she turned 2 I got off the pill again (still having 28 day cycles every month) and we tried for #2 and got pregnant AGAIN on the first try. When I was 8 weeks pregnant I started bleeding and after an ultrasound I was admitted to the hospital as I had an ectopic pregnancy in my C-section scar (apparently very rare - 1 in 2000 odds of this happening). I was treated with methotrexate which worked very quickly and was told in 3 months time I could start trying again. I figured it would be easy as both times before I got pregnant on the first try. I got my first period just a few weeks after I was treated for my ectopic pregnancy. My next three cycles were all 26 days. I am not sure why they got shorter but they were still extremely regular. After the three months were over, I picked up a couple boxes of First Response ovulation tests and started testing myself on day 6. I tested every day, often times twice a day, for about two weeks. Nothing. I never got more than a faint line every day. Me and DH still BD at least every other night for those couple of weeks, but I got a BFN at the end of the cycle and my period showed up right on time. I am a bit of a worrier so naturally I am convinced that there is something wrong with me and I won't be ovulating anymore. I am currently on day 10 of my current cycle. I have been taking my bbt every morning and doing two ovulation tests each day. So far nothing but desperately hoping for some sign of ovulation in the next few days.

Has anyone else here experienced problems with ovulating following an ectopic pregnancy?

Hello

I too have never had much problems getting pregnant. Always very quickly.

I had a c-section ectopic in October 2013 (after 2 csections), I was given the okay to have another baby until Aug 2014 after several saline infused ultrasounds to check the thickness of my uterus wall. I got pregnant Sept and miscarried again. Did end up getting pregnant Feb 2015 and had a beautiful baby girl oct 2015.

They checked me very closely, ultrasound to check where baby implanted, then to see where the placenta implanted... ended up sectioning at 37+1, after being put on strict bedrest at 35 weeks. When the sectioned me my uterus wall was 1 mm thick!!! doc said I could not have more babies, as would not be safe.

Good luck!!

Kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->