Ttc after coil

Jj4100

Reaction score
Hi all im having my copper iud removed this week after 5 years, me and the hubby have a nearly 5yr old and a 6yrd old. How long does it take for fertility to return to normal after the copper iud. Very excited to be tcc baby #3 xx

It's supposed to be instant, as long as it didn't affect your cycles. So much so, that if getting it removed for non-TTC reasons you're advised to use other protection in the 7 days leading up to removal, as it's possible to get pregnant from sperm that's already in your system at the time of removal.

Good luck! I had mine out on 25th February (after less than two years - so much for leaving a much bigger gap before the next ones) :haha:

Hello, Just wanted to say hello we are in almost the same boat, I removed my IUD Monday the 28th. We are trying for our 3rd child as well with our kids (boy and girl) 7 and 8. My doctor told me as well that it can happen immediately, however for me I didn't have periods on the IUD so the hardest thing for me right now is not knowing when ill have a period or figuring out my ovulation. Good luck to you!

Hi thanks for your replies. I went to have it removed today and the nurse gave me the warning if i have had sex in the last 7 days it would be possible to get pregnant. 😊

She then went on to remove it but could not find it! 😱 very confused by it. I am now being referred onto the hospital for a scan to try and find where it is. She said it was no where to be seen. Now have to wait for a date to come through for a scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->