TTC after coming off the Pill and having a very long cycle

JeanJean

Reaction score
I came off the pill 6 months ago but still have not had a regular cycle. They have ranged from 44-52 day cycles. My Husband and I are trying to conceive but are worries with these long cycles it will hurt our chances. Anyone out there had a long cycle and were able to conceive?..also any suggestion or herbal remedies to help get my cycle back on track so my chances of conceiving can increase?

Thanks for listening

Vitex/agnus castus can apparently perform miracles :)

thank for the reply! I should have put that in that I started taking vitex 6 months ago ..and after ready some stuff on it..it seems to have had possibly there reverse effect on me. Trying to decide if i should start slowly coming off of it and then see if that helps.

I had crazy cycles after coming off the pill. One lasted 3 months with no period. I took Vitex for a while, then stopped. Once I came off it, I got pregnant immediately. Not sure how much the Vitex, or lack thereof, had an affect but that was my experience. Never really had a "normal" cycle before getting pregnant. It just happened anyway!

Hi Little Nugget - First Congrats on your Pregnancy!!! So exciting!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me and giving me hope. How long after your started TTC did it take you to become pregnant?

i know how you feel, i came off BC end of novemember,had one period boxing day period, and then nothing til now. still nothing! although i ovulated 12th feb and now have the pms cramps. Its so awful and deflating, i feel your pain, even though I havent been TTC as long as you, it feels like a lifetime. makes you almost think every day of it. Goodluck to you hun, and hope your cycles sort out and you get you BFP. x

Thanks clucas! With the very long cycles are you using ovulation strips daily?

no, i cant let this take over for me, it already feels like it has kinda! if you know what i mean.
i test randomly ...although when i ovulate i feel it, i get every sign you can imagine!
i tested positive on the 12th this month. i am abit worried about skipping a whole period....i might go to the doctor altho i suspect i wont get much help lol xx

haha I feel the same way! I also have just been testing randomly. I went to my dr who said this is common after coming off BCP and to wait another month..so thats what I'm doing :(.. Well possibly we can go through this journey of TTC together ? Would be nice to be able to talk to someone who is going through the same thing since i don't really have anyone I can talk to about this stuff..

lol exactly the same here. my best friend concieved first month and now has 0 time for me and my journey lol, which is fine i understand, but still i feel pretty crappy now having irregular periods and am actually sat right next to a NOT PREGNANT preg test lol.
Its abit poo isnt it. id love to, thanks. :) it is quite a strange thing to go through i think, you almost think itll happen the first time you come off BC, and then irregular periods etc sets you back abit!

did your doctor say its totally normal to have irregular periods then after Bc?xx

Yes it is! I came off BCP 6 months ago but did not start TTC (we used protection) till just two weeks ago but already don't feel very positive because of the very irregular cycles. I bought the clearblue fertility monitor but cannot start using it until i get a period so hopefully that will be soon.

Dr said yes it is normal ..some people get lucky and it goes back on track right away and for other its takes a while. She seemed hopefully and not very concerned at this point so thats a good sign :)

But on a positive note I do know someone who came off BCP..had three very irregular cycles..something like 45days, 81days and 50 days then became pregnant!

So theres hope!!! :)

Oh right well thats good news. i am having the most weird cycle ! im due on and ive been cramping since last wednesday and today get the tiniest bit of blood, more discoloured, really teeny.
where is the blimin period lol.
i know i Ovulated 12th, i tested lol.
Well thats good nwes your doc said that, i rang mine today but because i work full time they call you back before they will see you (annoying) and i missed their call. did you want to swap emails or something so we can stay intouch? Not sure how it works on here lol. :)
xx

Can I join you guys?? I also stopped BCPs end of november and have been so frustrated with these long cycles!

Cycle 1: 56 days
Cycle 2: 51 days and counting...

I actually used opks this round and got a positive surge around day 17 but nothing ever came of that. Not sure I'll want to waste the $ again once I start another cycle (whenever that may be!) I usually just do a pregnancy test once every 1-2 weeks just to make sure I didn't miss anything!
My doc said this is totally normal having been on BCPs for 12 years. He said he wouldn't want to consider testing until at least 6 months.

Best of luck!! Anxious to hear how things go for you guys!

I used to do a pregnancy test every week just to see. One day it was positive! Good luck! It can happen with no other signs of ovulation or period!

Hi kjg! Yes join:).. So frustrated with these cycles. I'm currently on cycle day 61.. Only started ttc feb 10 th and have only randomly done ovulation tests. Going to start trying to do them more regularly lol. Have not don't any pregnancy test yet but if I reach day 70 then I'll do one.
Thanks little nugget! So nice to hear success stories and feel hopeful even with these hard to keep track of cycles:)

Can I join in too please? I came off bc on the 2nd december.... and am still on my first cycle, with no sign of either ovulation or af! Nearly CD100 and going crazy!

Ive started taking pregnacare conception (b vits), metformin and vitex but no help as yet.

I chart my bbt, cp and cm, and use opk's when I find EWCM (I keep getting patches of it)

My cycles have always been irregular, but my last one was 71 days long!! I'm on CD3 today and have started taking soy isflavones, I really hope they work! I thought TTC #2 would be easy as so many people seem to fall pregnant on the first shot, but not for us, it's been 6 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->