TTC after coming off the Pill and having a very long cycle

Wtbam, yes! welcome - nice to hear from others experiencing the same thing. My first cycles took 74 days to start after coming off the pill, second 43 days, and now on day 62 and counting :(.. I also started taking vitex 6 months ago actually but have just stopped as I was concerned this could have actually been attributing to my long cycles. I was regular before going on the pill.

Just did an ovulation test this morning and it looks promising!:)

Hi Bumblebee!, welcome to the discussion!! How are you tracking your long cycles?

not easy at all is it guys! well this is a really positive thread...im so depressed hearing such negative stuff! i bought seven seas trying for a baby vitamins..they are meant to regulate your hormones? also healthy eating is supposed to regulate your hormones..... ooh i also bought this stuff called balance activ- concieve?
Its a spray lubricant basicly that spermys are meant to swim better in!
:)
been having a rough time this week but bought all this stuff, to give me new hope :)

clucas - that's great! you will have to let us know how that all is working in a bit:)

I was wondering when using ovulation strips with long periods do you find it varies from dark to light from day to day? I will have one day it be just about a positive, next day hardly any line, then next day almost positive..and so on.. I have been testing the same time of the day also.

I know with people who have 'normal cycles' it seems to go from very light -dark ..not dark,light,dark,light etc..

Thanks for your feedback:) very helpful having a threat like this!!

Thanks everyone for adding to this threat!! So nice to have others in the same boat:)

jean: i used the clear blue digital opks earlier this cycle. $$ even on amazon but they were at least very clear. I started testing on cd10 and got daily sad faces until cd17 when i finally got a happy face. it was so satisfying to see that happy face!! the next day it was back to a sad face and i stopped testing.
despite our bd'ing, i never got the BFP. OR AF for that matter!! Now cd52 despite several BFNs. It totally got my hopes up!
I think the digitals are def worth the $ for ppl that have nice predictable cycles but could get way too expensive for people like us who would need to use them for weeks on end!! sorry i can't be more helpful - never tried the good old fashioned opks.

Hi all.

We haven't started to TTC just yet but getting very down about the lack of AF :-( I came off the yasmin pill 2nd of Feb - had normal withdrawal bleed but nothing yet. I keep getting dull stomach ache thinking it's the start of period but nothing :-( It's so frustrating!!

After you all came off BCP when did you have your first period??

Thanks for listening xx

I did not have my first period after coming off the pill for 70 days..then 43 days after that af came again, then now I'm on day 63 and still no period.

I have only been testing very irregularly with ovulation test strips but got my first positive this morning- on cd63! (only started testing on cd50-now). Excited that I know I am at least ovulating and just wanted to give hope to others out there with long cycles that ovulation can still occur far into the cycles.

Everyone who is following this threat..how long have you been TTC? What have all your cycle lengths been since coming off the pill?

updates anyone?
cd54 and counting for me...

im curious to know if anyone that had long cycles after ocps was able to get pregnant late in the cycle? is there any hope for me to ovulate during this cycle at all?! or should i give up all hope until next cycle?

thanks guys!

No updates for me..cd68 and counting..ahh!!

Its very strange..have been using ovulation strips for last 10 days just to see whats going on. Have been getting almost positives every day - one day (cd64 was positive). And, since that positive they again all are almost positives.

So yes, i would say there is hope in ovulating later in the cycles but its very expensive to keep using the strips lol.

How is everyone else doing?

No updates for me..cd68 and counting..ahh!!

Its very strange..have been using ovulation strips for last 10 days just to see whats going on. Have been getting almost positives every day - one day (cd64 was positive). And, since that positive they again all are almost positives.

So yes, i would say there is hope in ovulating later in the cycles but its very expensive to keep using the strips lol.

How is everyone else doing?

The positives on the opks could be your body gearing up to ov. Its trying which is good news :)

Hi ladies, ive just came across this tread an decided to join the site. Seems like you are having similar problems to me. I stopped taking the pill in July 2013, had my withdrawal bleed as normal then i had nothing for 93 days. I went to see my doctor as i has having a 'stitch' like pain in my groin area and this hurt when going for a wee or when having sex. Doctor 1st thought i had a water infection but then the tests come back clear, it was at this point i mentioned i hadnt had a period in like 14 weeks. So she sent me for my bloods done (i got my period the day i had my bloods done oct 2013 - lasted 3 days) Doctor said normally she wouldnt check bloods for absent periods until 12 months but seeing as i was still experiencing pain she wanted to check me out. The bloods came back abnormal, she said i had high levels on a hormone called Prolactin and possible PCOS. First of all i was sent for a scan of my ovaries where they said i did have PCO but had no cysts, i was confused but she advised that my PCO was hormone related and speak to my doctor. I did this but all she said i would have to monitor my cycles for 12 months before this would be addressed. I done some investigations myself and the high prolactin alone stops periods as your body thinks its already pregnant or been pregnant as this is the hormone needed to breastfeed. Over the years i have had small amounts of milk coming from my nipples....not all the time and i had mentioned it to my nurse an doctor in the past but they said it was nothing to worry about. However i have found out since this is a sign of Prolactoma, also i have been experiencing blurry vision in 1 eye, basically when you have too much Prolactin the gland (positioned at the bottom of the brain) can swell into a tumour (not cancerous) an pushes on my optic nerves making my vision blurry so I was referred to a endo consultant (luckily i have private healthcare with work so i was seen within a week) The consultant did more blood tests and also sent me for a MRI scan to determine if i had a tumour, luckily i dont have a tumour but the gland was swelled (reason for eye problems) and my prolactin levels were high at 1277 where normal levels should be between 1-400. The consultant said this was the reason i wasnt getting irregular periods. I had another bleed in dec 2013 for 3 days so that cycle was 61 days so getting better) Consultant put me on Quinagolide 75mg which i take 1 tablet every night. I went back a month later and my levels had dropped to 492 which was amazing and he was pleased and said continue to take the pills and things should regulate, he did say that i will need to stay on these tablets for 3-4 years and i can take these until i get pregnant, he said sometimes pregnancy regulates prolactin however i may need to restart them and he may reduce my dose. He also mentioned that my blood tests indicated that i dont have PCO either as my male hormones were normal so its just the prolactin causing the problem and now thats under control then things should improve. However i got my period on 3rd Feb 2014, it was a proper period....lasted 7 days and i had stomach cramps the whole week, i hadnt been use to long periods whilst being on the pill so i was happy it lasted ( i thought finally things are going back to normal) but then i have spotted everyday more or less ever since (some days i need a tampon others i dont) My consultant said that quinagolide shouldnt cause irregular bleeding and sent me to see a gyne last week....she reckons its just the lining shedding slowly as it has built up over the past 9 months. Really annoying though as i was so happy when i heard my prolactin levels dropped but then ive had none stopped spotting for the best part of 6 weeks. Typical ive waited so long for my period to come....now i just want it to stop.!! Im not letting it get me down though....still taking my 'Trying for a Baby' supplements daily...!! Hoping things calm down soon. Anyone else experiencing the same as me....if so ask your doctor to check your prolactin levels, i was lucky i had private health care but i would have seen the same consultate a month after anyway. Good luck everyone....i will keep you posted on mine and i look forward to your updates soon. Hopefully 2014 will be our year xxx

AF finally came on cd58 while i was away on vacation (low stress?!)
now onto cd5. will keep posted. any news from anyone else?

Oh nice! Sorta haha.. No news for me- I'm on cd72 and still no af. We're u using ovulation strips before ur af came?

i used the clearblue ovulation strips last cycle.
got a smiley face on cd17 and was super thrilled. BD'd plenty before/during/after the positive opk so i was hopeful. but then no BFP and no AF until cd58. so im guessing although i got the LH surge, i probably never ovulated (i don't temp). i stopped using the strips after the LH surge (got a sad face on cd18 then stopped for the rest of the cycle).

im excited to start a new cycle but bummed ill be out of town for work from cd12-cd17. bad timing. will plan to BD the morning i leave and hope those swimmers last (or maybe ill ovulate late, who knows). i do plan to use the leftover opk strips i have but waiting to start until cd 12 or so just so i dont waste them. ill keep you posted.

hope that af comes soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->