TTC after implanon....

kitty_girl

Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

So im a newbie TTC, i had my implanon out about a week and a half ago and i have not had AF or bleed yet, throughout the 2 years i had implanon i had only one or two af's and havent had one for about 6 months. I know it varies person to person. but im itching to get down to it and start making babies however im worried as i havent had af for over 6 months and if it would be safe to get pg without having had an af.... maybe my logic thinks its necessary for me to have a "clear out" before getting on with it. i have had some grumbles over the last few days in my ovaries so thought i may be ovulating but did an ovlation test and it was negative :growlmad: i have no idea where body is and how long it will take to be normal. So any suggestions or experiences would be gratefully received.

XXX Good luck and baby dust to all XXX

Hi kitty_girl

I'm in the exact same situation, had my implanon out a week and a half ago and not had af yet, started doing opk's a few days ago just incase i ovulate before i get AF. I've heard of women falling pregnant straight away so i don't think you ahve to wait AF but i'm not toally sure tbh so i'm not much help there.

:flower:Lisa:flower:

Ohhh but it is nice to know someone else is at the same stage? I just have this crazy mindset that if i dont have an af before i am ttc then if i get a bfp that maybe i will miscarry because i havent had af for 6 months. It prob makes not difference but i think when you want something soo much you want it all to be perfect. Have you noticed your hormones being crazy after having implanon out? i have been quite teary and then very hyper this week my DH has been going mad with my moodswings!?

good luck ttc x

I am new on here and dont know all the abbreviations that you guys use so you'll have to bear with me, i had the depot injection, and was on it for over 3 years with no gaps and no AF, after i stopped it tool 3 months before i had what i would call viable AF. However i didnt ovulate for about 4 months, the other odd thing is i used to AF cramps a day before it would arrive, but now i get no AF Cramps and instead get excruciating OV pains....Which incedentally started this afternoon with a little twinge and now i am laid up in absolute agony!!! Although cant wait for my man to get home tonight from work... gonna be a fun 2 days and then an anxious 10-14!

I hope things regulate quickly for you!

Lets hope this is the magic Cycle....what a xmas present!

xx

Oooh have you already let him know the news that he gets to dtd this eve? i look forward to hearing if you have some good news for xmas, i hope i start ovulating soon so we can start trying properly :D

Hi kitty_girl

yeah its definately nice knowing someone else is in the same boat. I just hate the not knowing.... not knowing when to expect AF or not knowing when to expect ovulation, not knowing if my body even still works. I was on the implanon for about 5 years and never had AF at all while on it, so i am complately blind as to whats happening with my body :cry:. I haven't noticed much with my moods...however..... my mood has crashed in the last few hours, for no reason, just feel so depressed:cry:. Maybe something...one way or other is on its way, and i'd welcome either at this point to be honest. Did your doctor tell you what to expect or how long the implanon took to get out your system etc?

I was told that the implanon should be out your system within 24 hours:shrug:!

:flower:Lisa:flower:

well doc said i could be fertile almost immediatly and then he garbled something about it taking up to 3 months for me to start ovulating or having af's so im still confused on that one, it seems from reading lots of other forums that it varies dramatically woman to woman. I have never been so desperate to have a af tho its crazy, i feel that when i get one i can at least monitor my cycle, my DH thinks it takes the romance out of it but when i focus on a project i like to know everything :happydance:

And ttc is my new hobby before hopefully motherhood. Tonight is the first night i think im going to DHD properly as i feel i dont think i is too much of a prob getting pg before af after reading some stuff and you never know we could be graced with a bfp for xmas! :flower:

yeah i've read some women saying that it can take up to 3 months, my doctor never mentioned that. However I am back on the 23rd so i will ask more specific questions about how long it takes for the body to go back to normal.

I am trying really hard not to let it suck the fun out of the romance. I am temping etc but not really talking about it to DH really, he knows i'm taking my temp in the morning, he knows it to do with ovulations but he has no other information.

I've been pretty cranky today so maybe AF is on her way soon :shrug:, mind you i've been house bound the whole week with a sick son so maybe i'm just starting to loose my marbles a bit :haha:.

FX :witch: or :bfp: get one of us before x mas!

L xx

I know DH has just come home and i forgot to hide ovulation kit!!! OOps lol and i have now educated him on cm and the other signs of ovulation just to gross him out further, bless he is taking it in his stride! Let me know how your grilling with the doctor goes. xx

Hi ladies:flower:

Just wanted to fill you in on my experience!

I had implanon for 9 years in total and the pill before that so when i had it removed 11 weeks ago i didn't have a clue where i was up to as i never had periods at all on it.

For the first 6 weeks i was all over the place because i would have cramps for a few days and feel like i was about to come on but nothing! Also, just to warn you in case you have it too, I had really weird symtoms! I got dizzy a few times, had some nausea and my boobs were sore. Obviously thought i'd done it but BFN!!! Thought i was going crazy till i visitied loads of forums and seen that loads of people have the same and its just due to your hormones being all over the place, trying to get back to normal!

To this day i still haven't had a proper period just some light spotting (which of course i thought was implantation bleeding:haha:)

Tried to temp but couldn't really get the hang of it so all i did was BD every other day in the hope that we'd catch the eggy! Luckily for me i had some ovulation pain so sort of knew we had a chance

Phew that was long! Any way got my BFP:happydance: last week and i think i'm 5 weeks and 1 day now!

So i know its different for everyone, but just try and remember coming off implanon is probably a big deal for our bodies to get used to and in my personal experience you can get a BFP pretty quickly.

Good luck to you all and if you have any questions about anything then please just PM me and if i can help you out I will.

Good luck!!:hugs:

aww bless, My DH thinks its all just gross and he doesnt' want any stick thats been pee'd on anywhere near him :haha:.... so u know i haven't even went into cm....think that'd be tmi for him lol. I will defiantely let you know how i get on at the doctors, any questions u'd like me to ask let me know and if i can i will ask.

L xx

Thats really interesting because i have had a few dizzy spells and my moods have been all over the show making me think im going bonkers. i am so pleased you got a BFP.. i think me and dh are going to just go for it and keep a check on reg ov tests and pg tests and try and work out where my cycle is and hopefully and BFP in the near future. Im such a control freak so its frsutrating for me to no know where i am. I keep thinking im going to come on cos i keep getting a little crampy then it goes its just so annoying not knowing what my body is up to!!! good luck with your pg xxxxx

Hi Kitty Girl,
I was in the same situation in August, I was also using this forum and it was a godsend!

I had my Implanon in for 2years, I only had one or 2 AFs in this time. A week after Implanon was out I had spotting for 2days (I now think that was prob a withdrawal bleed that some women experience). I ovulated 1 week later and 2 weeks later I got my 1st AF after Implanon 28day cycle. I ovulated2 weeks after this AF and amnow 14weeks pg. It seems my fertility went back to normal straight away- I hope it is the same for the lovely ladies here.
XXX

Lisa I will have a little think re questions! Good luck honey!
Wobin I'm sooo pleased for you that's great news, its interesting because most of the forums I have read are from women who were on implanon who had regular af's during being on implanon buts its great to hear positive news from people who had no of very few af's on implanon!:D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->