TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Ah glad everything is good lilrojo! That's a good weight gain! Think I'm on double that lmao :/ And how exciting! Wish I knew how long before we get to meet our little guy!

XxX

well kaede.. 10 weeks till your due date so yay for that.. and you prob wont go over by more than 2 weeks for sure.. so i would def in 12 weeks.. :)

and thanks been easy not gaining so much this time around.. i gained 32 with my dd.. so im feeling better this time around.. and i lost it and more after so dont worry.. :)

Haha, not exactly worried, just means I'll have to work hard after lol. I've basically had sickness through all of this pregnancy, and been eating easy to prepare freezer food haha. Food I didn't have to smell cooking too much XD to be honest I'm getting sick of freezer food, I wish Taylor was a better cook haha. I would love for him to cook me something with vegetables and is healthy XD I just can't deal with the smells of stuff :/

XxX

Kaede, that is so sweet that your OH could feel Harri moving when you were cuddling! :cloud9: I can't really cuddle up to my OH comfortably due to my back (I have to be in a very particular position with pillow support under my bump to be comfortable otherwise I get terrible back and bump pain from the strain of the wrong position). :wacko: I'd love for him to feel Jazzle wriggling like that though. I can sympathise with the OH not being a chef issue too. :haha:

Kaede, Our best meals since I've been pregnant have been fresh prepared chicken/fish/beef/pork dishes ready made by either Tesco or Sainsburys (found in the fresh meat section) that we just pop in the oven for 30-40 minutes (a 2 person serving tends to cost around £3 if you do multi-buys) and then usually served with mixed veg (microwaved from fresh or frozen) and mashed potatoes or rice (once again, ready made and microwaved) which cost in the ballpark of about £1 for each 2-person serving. Tesco does the best ready prepared fresh mixed-veg bags / various potatoes 3-for-£2.50 (found by the fresh veg) and you can usually find somewhere selling Tilda or Uncle Bens microwaveable rice pouches (2-person servings) done in all sorts of interesting flavours for around £1 a pack (we watch out for offers and stock up big time when they come) so we are able to have freshly made meat dishes with veg and starch for under a fiver for us both. I actually priced out how much it would be to make some of the meat dishes ourselves (as opposed to ready prepared with all the yummy trimmings/seasonings/sauces etc) and figured we wouldn't really save money making them from scratch but would sure as heck save time! When it's just the two of you I think it's well worth it, particularly if you don't have the time or ability to cook. When it comes to feeding 3 mouths it gets a bit more expensive to do the ready prepped meals because they are usually designed to feed only 2 but you won't have to worry about that for at least another year as baby won't be eating everything you are eating til then anyway! We can often split all of that between 3 people (well, more like 2 1/2) as well if we add another dish to the meal or add dessert (like yogurt and fruit). I've learned how to cook lazy because standing in the kitchen has become a non-option for me with my bad back and my OH is not up for playing chef either (he can just about manage oven meals like your OH or the meals I've just described). At least my OH is willing to do dishes after we eat (and there are no cooking dishes as such as all the food I've described can be cooked in the packaging it comes in) so our time in the kitchen (or for me on my feet) is vey minimal. I hope I haven't rambled on too much, I can just REALLY relate to your situation and wanted to share my tricks for getting a good affordable meal with a bit of variety when no one in the house is up for proper cooking. I'd love to know if you try it out and what you think. :hugs:

Lilrojo, well done on the weight gain. :thumbup: Even more well done for getting it off after your DD was born. I never managed to do that after my son. :haha: Sounds like everything is going really well for you. I know you must be so excited to be nearing the end. Only 6-7 weeks to go for you!! :dance: Wow!! I'd love to fast forward a bit to the end so I know it's all going to turn out alright. I will not miss this PAL journey. :nope: I just hope my anxiety throughout PAL don't transfer unduly into anxieties after birth. I reckon they might just a bit (it's our job as mums to worry after all) but hoping I can stay rational. Easier said than done in those early days but I will try! :wacko:

Wow, its a hive of pregnant activity in here heheh :haha: I am so excited for all you ladies that are due soon! I can't believe how fast its all coming around, though i dare say its doesnt feel so fast for you all! Maybe, just maybe, i will get to be pregnant whilst some of you are still :flower::hugs:

Kaede Scott was a little bugger for his quiet days! Every week he would go quiet for two days straight! had me worrying every time even though it seemed to be his routine, he did it all the way up until he came aswell :dohh:

AMU Thank you so much hun i got it yesterday just forgot to tell you :dohh:

Hope everyone else is ok and sending lots and lots of :dust: to the ladies that are TTC :hugs:

I might try some of those meals AMU! I did do a kind of hashed together roast on Sunday (which was mainly ready made stuff, but I still boiled some carrots and leeks which were nice). I used the oven baked roast potatoes. Not as nice as real onesbut theydid the job. We only have Asda near us do I'll look out for what you've described in there. But hoping I can start cooking properly again soon. I miss my real food haha.

Dee - I hope you get your sticky bean really soon! Would love to see you get your rainbow baby :flower:

XxX

Kaede, I've just checked the ASDA website to see if they do any comparable meals and I'm thinking I might have to do a shop there! :haha: They do a large assortment of ready prepared fresh meat dishes. Look in the fresh meat refrigerated section for chicken in little disposable roasting tins. I was looking at the chicken to start with cuz that's my favourite and they have loads to choose from starting at £3 per 2-person pack (some on sale right now for £2) and have some larger roasting joints (all dressed and seasoned) 2 for £7. Those ones serve 2-3 people so would be even better for my family. I haven't sussed out their ready veg yet but am about to!

Oooo, awesome I'll look next time I'm in! I like Asda's root mash (sweet potato, swede etc) £1 per pack and it's reeeeally yummy and would easily serve more than 2, I never manage to quite eat half of it lol. I haven't looked at the veg in weeks, but they do do some microwave packets of veg like carrots, broccoli etc. I'll keep an eye out for the meats next time I'm in.

XxX

Yes, they do the ready veg too that can be microwaved in the pack, a tiny bit more expensive than the ones I get at Tesco on multi-buy but still a good deal (£1 a pack). Brilliant. That root mash sounds great! I got a similar one at Tesco recently and loved it. of course, Xander thought I was trying to poison him when I gave him orange coloured mash but he got over it once we convinced him to try it. :rofl:

Bleurgh all this food talk and i'm totally not interested. Eating because i have to.

Aww, sorry Pups. :hugs: You'll get back to wanting food again soon. Hang in there hun. Xoxox

Hi ladies!!!

AMU I think I've received the packet today but the postman has decided not to call my dh to open the door and now I have to pick it up from the Post Office.
I'll let you know for sure after I pick my kids from school and go to get it.
Thanks again. I'll see how I feel taking it and depending on that I may order it from the US.
Regarding your contractions, are you still taking the Eye-Q fish oil? You may not be aware but it contains EPO and I've always been told that it could contract your uterus as a side effect. That's why they don't recommend it after O. If it didn't affect you until now it may not be the reason but I thought you should now. That's why I bought the vitabiotics fish oil instead; all the others or most of them contained EPO.

Kaede don't worry too much if he doesn't move; he may just be asleep and then when you sleep he may be awake. He doesn't have much too do in there and the space is getting tighter and tighter.
I love the cuddle moment. That's a good memory for both of you! I can imagine you telling Harrison in a few years time. Kids love to hear stories like that. Or at least my kids.

X

Hi Madrid! Thanks for the info about Eye-Q. I didn't realise it has EPO in it but I take another supplement that does as well. I always thought EPO was good during pregnancy. Will have to review that now. I could easily stop takin the supplement that has EPO but I would be very hesitant to give up the Eye-Q because it makes such a huge difference to my mental wellbeing. When I miss it I can really feel the difference. I'll have a read about it all and see what I find out. Thank you for the tip! As for the package, it probably is the Femaprin cuz Sam got her package yesterday and they were posted at tw same time. :hugs:

Thats interesting about the Eye-Q Muddled as i have seen it recommended for my migraine condition (if i indeed have the condition but am sure i do)
Its is meant to help with neurological disorders of which migraine is. I am also advised to take omega oils (which i do) and high doses of magnesium (but i wanna check with doctors before doing that esp TTC) oh and Vit B2.
Maybe i should get the Eye-Q if you have found it helpful. Hmmmmm....

I've come to the conclusion that I am clueless lol... Just been sat here thinking after reading about someone on 3rd tri forums whose waters broke at 28 weeks, and I realised, if something like that happened to me I wouldn't have a single clue who to call o_O

My midwife even told us that she turns her phone off after a certain time at night... So what would I do? Who would I call? Or would I just go to the hospital?

XxX

You should just go to the hospital straight away. If it's contractions so early you should go too. Even if you call the midwife she'll tell you the same thing.

Don't worry Kaede, you aren't alone. :hugs: I was in the same boat with my first baby. I think the midwives assume we will just magically know these things but I didn't have a clue with my first baby. I wasn't even entirely certain what to do about preterm problems this time until I read about someone else calling Labour and Delivery when they had a problem and then I was like "Ahh, so that's what I do after hours". :haha: I've got it sussed out now! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->