TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Well, last night had to be THE WORST nights sleep ever o_O I was getting really strong period type pains that started about 10.30-11.00ish, all in my lower back and legs. I ignored it for a while but ended up taking 2 paracetamol at about midnight which took the edge off long enough for me to get a couple hours sleep. Woke up at about 2.30 and the pains were then in my lower belly and legs... I tried moving around a bit, bounced on the end of the bed (since I don't have a ball haha). In the end I called the hospital because I was feeling so restless and just didn't know where to put myself. The midwife I spoke to told me just to take more paracetamol and try to sleep some more. I took a couple more paracetamol at about 4.30 and finally fell asleep at about 6.30 only to wake up an hour later. I text my boss that I wasn't going to be able to go to the first aid course today just in case things progressed, so she is rearranging it for later (after Harrison is born). I then pottered around downstairs for a while, had some cereal, put a load of clean baby clothes away and finally collapsed back in bed at 10.30 and fell asleep for about 45 minutes.

So all in all not a great night haha. And the most annoying thing is that it has all but died down to a dull ache that isn't really bothering me at all lol. So a sleepless night for nothing! Hoping tonight is better, but using today to just lay in bed and ignore the world lol. And also praying that he will stay in until at least Monday so he is "full term" and I can go to the birthing centre instead of the main hospital!

Sorry about the essay haha, that ended up being longer than I'd anticipated! I hope everyone else is doing well :)

XxX

Sorry you got no sleep Kaede but it could be the start of something! :happydance: So excited for you, let us know if anything else occurs today :hugs:

I will :) might go have some lunch and then a nice hot bath see if it helps this acheyness so I can get a little more sleep lol. I'm like a bear with a sore arse when I'm this sleep deprived :haha:

XxX

Hi Kaede! :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough night. :hugs: I too hope Harri hangs on til next week so you can hopefully have the birth you want. These little tinkers just keep us guessing!! :dohh:

Certainly do! How're you doing? How're your BH going? Any other news? :)

XxX

BHs are going strong! I get them all day, everyday, with an occassional hour long break at times. All my little news is in my journal including photos of the nursery. Mainly I'm just suffering from head to foot most of the time and can't wait for this little one to come!!! :wacko: been using lots of supplements to try to move things along (raspberry leaf and evening primrose oil). I know I'm just 37.5 weeks but I think she is quite big so won't mind her coming out sooner rather than later. I don't want to give birth to an 8+ pounder. :haha:

Ahh, I always forget about the journals haha. I barely even go on mine XD

I hope she comes soon for you! I keep getting told that this is the "impatient phase" haha. We're so close... and yet SO BLOODY FAR!!!! :haha: And yes, I have a feeling Harri's gona be rather huge too lol, my belly just seems massive right now! Although I suppose you can never tell from belly size :shrug: I've thought about getting some RLT... is it nice? I didn't want to get any and then discover I seriously can't stand the taste lol... and can you get it in Asda?

XxX

RBL tea is okay, depending on what kind you get. I don't know for certain but I doubt that ASDA has it. Holland and Barrett sells a nice tasting blend. It's RBL and fruit tea. I don't rely in the tea though cuz I'm not a big hot drink taker. I take the tablets to make sure I get a nice high dose in and then I drink the tea when I remember to just for good measure. I used the tablets with my son (first baby) from 36 weeks and he came 3 days early and after only 3.5 hours labour. I'm hoping for a similar result with Jazzle. :thumbup:

Ooo, that wasn't a long labour was it! haha. I doubt I'd be lucky enough to only go 3.5 hours :haha:

XxX

Asda sells herbal raspberry teas, is that the same as raspberry leaf? I drink lots of herbal teas so i know i have seen raspberry of some sort there but maybe there is a difference??

Raspberry Leaf is definitely different from raspberry tea but well spotted Dee! RBL tea is made from the leaves of the raspberry plant whereas raspberry tea is presumably normal tea (possibly green tea) flavoured with raspberry fruit or juice. It doesn't have the same medicinal properties as RBL.

Went to look around the birthing centre today! It's lovely :D I was surprised it was completely empty though lol... I half expected to hear screaming, but it was beautiful and quiet! Hope it's like that when I have to go in :haha:

Also! I'm so happy that they've fixed the pool! Just got to hope nobody is in it when it's my turn to go down lol. But they have all sorts of things I've never seen before! They have like a sling that you lean/swing on so you can stand up but take the weight off your legs... If you get what I mean?? lol. And one room looked like a kids soft play lol, it had beanbags and mats and birthing balls... Looked like great fun haha. I'm really looking forward to giving birth now, the staff are all totally lovely too. I actually can't wait lol :D

XxX

Thats great that you liked where you will give birth Kaede, its important you are happy and relaxed there :)

Awwww i miss our birth centre :( it's lovely Kaede, you'll feel like you're in a hotel x

It was fab! A bit smaller than I thought it would be, but it's spotlessly clean and really inviting. Can't wait haha :)

XxX

The birthing centre sounds fab! Not long to go now.

I have my 1st appt today and feel sick with nerves!!

Good luck Cazi! I'm sure everything will go great :D

I've woke up in a fantastic mood this morning lol. MADE IT TO 37 WEEKS!!! :happydance: Harri can come any time he likes now because I am officially term and can officially go to the birthing centre lol, woohoo!

XxX

Good luck Cazi!! I look forward to an update!! :hugs:

HAPPY 37 WEEKS KAEDE!!!! :wohoo: Your birthing centre sounds amazing! I wish there was something like that near me! We just have hospitals to choose from. Oh well. At least they are considered to be good ones. :shrug:

Well this birthing centre is in our local hospital, and to be honest I expected it to be a lot like you see on OBEM... A bed in each room, maybe a birthing ball in each room and the equipment stuff for rescus. Was pleasantly surprised :) maybe your hospital has more stuff now? Can't say I would know though lol.

And thanks! :D

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"