TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Haha looks like there were 3 of us in hospital yesterday and today then! Although I don't have a baby in my arms to show for it, just a McDonalds ;)

Congrats Kaede - awesome news. He's a stunner xx

AF got me ladies - but onwards and upwards eh? Going to try the ovulation sticks and monitor this cycle :)

Hope all the latest beautiful babies are doing well and everyone else and the slightly older babies too of course :hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs: Dee, yep use everything you got this cycle, armed and dangerous :gun::gun:

Good luck for the next cycle Dee! I'm sure your rainbow baby is just around the corner :)

XxX

Aww an xmas baby that would be wonderful.. a baby any time would be wonderful.. keeping everything crossed that the cbfm is just as lucky for you as it has been for all of us..

Hello ladies

As some of you know AMU had Isadora earlier this week. Unfortunately things haven't been straightforward and they're both still in hospital. Ellen's feeling really low today so if anyone can spare a moment to pop over and say hello in her journal I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the link to her journal from just after the birth announcement:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/750465-allmuddledups-jazzle-journal-144.html

Thank you so much.

:hug:

Pip x

Harrison was weighed today and he has lost 12oz since he was born :( he's getting re-weighed on Wednesday and if he has lost anymore weight or midwife doesn't think he is doing well he will have to be admitted to hospital. All I've done is cry since midwife left, I just feel so guilty :( I'm feeding him on demand and I know there's nothing I can do to make him gain weight other than what I'm doing, but it feels crap. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that now my milk is coming in better he will start to gain weight.

XxX

Chick don't panic. It happened to me with Laura and they make u feel horrid. Do u have a breast pump? If u can i'd suggest feeding Harri and immediately pumping after. Try and give him some expressed milk in a cup/spoon/syringe even tho he just fed. Every little bit makes such a difference and also the extra demand on your breasts will help with production and flow etc xxxx

Oh Kaede, try not to worry, i hate how the midwifes have guidelines and if your baby does not fit they make you feel bad, its very common for breastfed babies to drop in weight the week following birth, my son dropped from 7Lb 9 to 6.5 LBS.
Make sure he feeds on the breast for at least 20 mins? I seem to remember that was about how long it took for mine to empty one side. If he keeps falling asleep maybe you could gently fidget or blow on his face to encourage him to continue sucking for as long as poss.
Keep feeding on demand and make sure you eat well and i'm sure he will gain weight soon.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yeah I do have a pump, I tried it on Friday but barely got a trickle so thought I'd wait a bit. But I think I'll give it another go. My boobs feel solid and really sore, so I think my boobies are starting to work better now. I'll have another go in a bit.

XxX

He seems to be feeding fine though Dee, if he falls asleep I usually wait 5 minutes, maybe change his nappy to wake him up a bit or stroke his face or pat his bum and try again. And he's latching and sucking fine, but he will only go on my right boob. I try him on my left and he'll have a little suck but then he'll cry and get angry if I don't swap him to the right. I'm going to give it the best I've got between now and Wednesday though, and hopefully he will start to gain some weight.

I just hate to think that they might think I'm not feeding him or looking after him properly :(

XxX

They wont think that hun, they just have to follow their charts, its stupid really as everyone is different, we are not all going to fit into charts!

Can you start him off on the breast he dislikes so that when he is hungry he is more likely to go for it? I think its quite important he drains both or you may get full and sore on one side. And although you are feeding on demand have you tried to space his feeds a bit longer if he is demanding to often? Like if he is demanding every 1/2 hour, make him go an hour and then perhaps he will feed more at one sitting? Just an idea, i'm not saying to stop him feeding of course but maybe make sure they are evenly spaced, he may just want to suck for comfort and not be giving the breasts a chance to fill back up properly??

Does he have plenty of wee and poo nappies? If he does he must be getting some.

Keep at it hun, you are doing a great job, it takes a few weeks to establish a good feeding routine anyway :hugs::hugs:

Oh yeah, plenty of dirty nappies (number 1 and 2s). I try to start him off on my left, but don't try for too long because he gets angry and then he won't latch properly because he's having a tantrum lol. I'm trying to give him a quick go on the right to settle him and then swapping. He does maybe 5 minutes at a time on my left but will only settle to sleep on my right (strange child lol). I was thinking of using my left to express from (it is rather larger than my right and quite sore!), so at least that way they are both getting a work out. I will try the pump after his next feed :)

XxX

And he goes every 3 hours or so through the day and then every 2 (roughly) at night. Is that too long in between?

XxX

They need to empty a breast fully as the last bit of milk (the hindmilk) is richer than the first bit of milk which is more thirstquenching so he needs to feed constantly until your breast is empty if you get what i mean, in 5 mins he wouldnt be getting all your milk.

I am basing this on what i did almost a decade ago so just ignore me if its not what you have been advised!

A few hours inbetween sounds fine :) A pattern will establish, its very early days :)

All the midwife said was to keep doing what I was before :shrug: I'll try and get him to feed longer from my left, I just don't like when he gets to frustrated cuz he takes ages to settle again lol. Although he's actually on my left now and not doing too bad!

XxX

Cool, keep at it Kaede, i hope he gains some weight soon xxx

Oh dear Kaede, it seems you're struggling a bit with breastfeeding. I agree with all the tips Dee has given you. Maybe you should start on the left first and then move him to the right but try to relax yourself first, babies sense everything and if you are tense when putting him on the left one he'll feel it too.
Also regarding the pump, as I used it with my daughter, it may work if you alternate with the baby sucking from that breast as well. The midwife told me that the baby's saliva while in contact with your breast stimulates more milk production, therefore using the pump only may dry your breasts eventually, which is what happened to me with mine dd.
Either way don't worry, he'll be gaining weight soon. They won't judge if he doesn't. My dd wasn't putting on weight at all & they always tried to advice me of different techniques but health visitors know we are all different and the babies too. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->