• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

My 2 cents... I would never NOT find out. :haha: I never had a single regret finding out in advance what colour I'd be dressing my babies in. It helps tremendously with shopping and preparing things in advance of baby arriving unless you don't mind everything being gender neutral or doing all the shopping after baby comes (quite frankly, it's hard enough to find time for a shower after baby arrives much less sorting out decorating a nursery or going clothes shopping). I also found it helped me get my head around what sex my babies would be in advance of them arriving. If you honestly have zero gender preference then you don't need to know I suppose, but if you (or your OH) harbor any inklings of what sex you would like to be bring home then I'd find out in advance so you have a chance to adjust to the idea before labour day. I've heard stories of women having severe gender disappointment at the first moment of meeting their baby. I think they could have saved ruining the big day by finding out in advance and getting their head around it so they can be ready to greet the baby they are having, not the baby they were hoping to have. Everyone is different though and you know yourself better then anyone so go with your gut on it. :hugs:

Cheers AMU :hugs:. I have brought some neutral clothing (little whinnie the poo clothing) but i buy it because i think there adorable :haha:. Me and DH have no preference what gender we have ~ were just so relived this pregnancy seems to be working out, but theres just something in me which is niggling. Im getting a bump now and i like to look or touch it and even though im very close to baby, i would like to know for a deeper connection if im touching my son or my daughter. I have no intention of telling a soul afterwards (mainly parents as they seem to be gunning for a girl), but i think it would be a nice little secet for me and DH. Guess ive got another 7 weeks to decide :) xx

I couldn't NOT find out at our 20 week scan lol. I pretty much jumped the poor woman doing the scan I'd screamed yes at her before she'd finished asking me if I wanted to know :haha: We didn't really have any preferences, but I was too excited to find out to NOT say yes :p

XxX

My son and girlfriend went for their gender scan today with babybond, they having a girl :happydance: its their first and was dying to know lol

I didnt find out with my eldest 3 as they wouldnt tell you back then, but found out with korben and serenity, as AMU said helps knowing so you can be prepared and not have to spend a small fortune once baby here.

:haha: yes a week before Serenitys first birthday :cloud9: she already asking me for a list of unusual girls names lol

Oh just to add what AMU said, when i was pregnant with korben i so wanted a girl as he was not just a surprise but at the time my last, once they said boy i cried all day, not out of disappointment but i guess grieving for the daughter id never have :( took me 8 weeks after gender scan to buy anything blue.. but wouldnt swap him for the world.

Oooo, congratulations poppy!!! How exciting :D bet it feels strange to have 2 young children and about to be a nana haha.

XxX

I was team yellow for Fin and Saf and finding out the sex at the birth was the most magical moment ever, i cried when Saffy was born because i already had a boy and i had thought she would be too, i was sooo happy! :) I can't understand why people would want to know early to be honest, it's like jumping ahead of nature but i respect other peoples choices :flower:
I have agreed to let Andrew have the choice this time as its his first child/children! I think he will want to find out! :)

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

For us there's no question. We wanted to wait both times and don't regret that at all. Sometimes it's hard when you want to buy pretty nappies or cute outfits but for the most part it's exciting. Other people don't like it though! lol

Oooo, congratulations poppy!!! How exciting :D bet it feels strange to have 2 young children and about to be a nana haha.

XxX

lol feels very strange yes, but least it stops me getting broody :haha:. My cousin just had a baby boy Leighton weighed 9lb 15oz :happydance:

Hi all..

Congrats poppy :) soon to be grandma love it..

I will never find out again with my kids.. found out with mckenna, not with bryce and wont the next time either.. Hope i get to share my third and last preg and baby with you all..

Love u all so much.. you saved me after my miscarriages..

Not sure what we'll do next time. I might try and stay team yellow, but I'm not really one for surprises... I'm too impatient for that :haha:

Aww, lilrojo, we love you too hun. I feel the same :D I know I'm lucky in a way, having only had 1 loss. But I did find it hard and you ladies helped keep me sane :D

XxX

Its so quiet in here anymore..

Hi all.. hope your well.. Hi pip.. :) How is andrew.. growing fast im sure..

bryce is doing great.. getting big.. cant believe its almost june again.. crazy that last yr at this time i was just going to be getting preg.. :) and next year at this time i will be preg again.. :)

I'm allright - just achey and :sick::sick: and tired LOL
1 week until my scan!

Hope everyone else is ok :hugs:

Brave women lilrojo :haha: mind you i cant say anything with my eldest so close n youngest close in age lol.

Serenity was weighed today 16lb 8oz little podge lol

I'm ok too

We're off camping for the wkend tomorrow. Be nice to escape :)

haha poppy.. at least mine will b 17 or more months apart :) thats the plan at least
:)

Doing fine here also :winkwink:. I listen to Kiki every morning on my doppler and its amazing how strong and clear its HB is getting, even hear LO move away or (I guess) kick or swoosh its arms around as i chase her with the doppler. So funny! Im completely in love :cloud9:

Cant wait to see your scans in a week Dee!! X

Hi everyone

We're good. Andrew weighed in at 15lb 12oz last Monday. He's doing great.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->