TTC after miscarriage and D&C; help

Isavethepaws

Reaction score
this is my first time posting here. I’m a mom of 4 handsome boys and my husband and I are TTC. November 1 2018 I tested positive on a pregnancy test we were excited, went to the doctors had ultrasound done I was around 6 weeks. Everything was great (as in the nausea and sore boobs ) come thanksgiving 2018 I started to bleed I went to urgent care they said it was a miscarriage and my body will take care of it, though i did lose our baby that day, come December 10 2018 I had an appointment to check on everything and there was still a sack in my uterus but it was empty of a baby yet full of blood. They had to do a D&C right away to get all extra tissue extra out. It was horrible. The end of January 2019 I got my period, February I got my period and I have been testing using OPK but I’ve never had to use them before. Anyone get pregnant after miscarriage and D&C

The picture below is OPK from today CD 19

378A207E-5A03-45C8-A74F-D42A1DDC637D.jpeg

Hi Isavethepaws,

Sorry for the slow reply. I also had a miscarriage and D&C (two, in fact) so I know what you're going through and I'm really sorry. One of my best friends had a missed miscarriage leading to a D&C and is now pregnant with her third child so I know it definitely happens! She fell pregnant with her first child two months after the D&C and it was twins (though sadly one didn't develop past the first few weeks). She has not had any other problems getting pregnant and carrying the babies since.

There are plenty of people out there who unfortunatley have D&Cs after miscarriages and go on to have healthy children so please try not to worry. I'm in the same boat as you and currently TTC again so I get it! Good luck!!

Hi there

I experienced a miscarriage in June last year, we had been trying for 18m.

I started bleeding and went to EPU on the monday, they told me they couldn't see anything so were going to measure my HCG level and I left after having my bloods taken.

I returned 2 days later on the wed and had another test done. They rang me that evening and said my levels were not going down so they were worried I had a pregnancy outside of the womb so had to return in the morning for a scan.

Went for my scan and they said they could see my baby in my womb but I should of been 13 weeks pregnant and the baby measured 6 weeks, there was no heartbeat but she said it could just be because it was too early.

They asked me to return the following week for another scan to see if the baby had grown. Baby had grown by 0.4 cm but still had no heartbeat so I had to have a MVA procedure. I was discharged 15minutes after the procedure and was absolutely traumatised.

I was scared to try for another baby because I never wanted to experience that pain again. But after some healing time, we started trying again, I seem to be finding it really hard to conceive I've got the ovulation kit and app that people have recommended and I'm doing everything I should be but I just feel like it's never going to happen

I'm wishing you all the luck in the world for those 2 lines!

Hi mama, I have had 6 miscarriages and had 2 d&c's. I got pregnant a few months after each d&c. Went on to have healthy babies. I now have 4 children 2 of each and trying for baby 5. Lots of baby dust to you. Xx

Hi mama, I have had 6 miscarriages and had 2 d&c's. I got pregnant a few months after each d&c. Went on to have healthy babies. I now have 4 children 2 of each and trying for baby 5. Lots of baby dust to you. Xx

See I was on the implant for 6 years before I miscarried so wondering if that could have something to do with struggling to fall on, I have 2 boys aged 9 and 11 so I know it's not impossible I just cant understand why it is taking so long to fall on xx

See I was on the implant for 6 years before I miscarried so wondering if that could have something to do with struggling to fall on, I have 2 boys aged 9 and 11 so I know it's not impossible I just cant understand why it is taking so long to fall on xx
I can't use any form of contraception other than condoms as I have an autoimmune disease so can't help there. All crossed it happens soon for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->