TTC after Miscarriage

Miss_chicka

Mum to 2 earth side
Reaction score
Hey, I miscarried about two weeks ago when I was 6 weeks pregnant. When I asked my doctor when I can start TTC again he said 3 months. I don't want to start trying right now but I don't know if I can wait 3 months. I didn't have a D&C and I didn't take any medications to help move things along. I just waited it out. My question is- do you think I need to wait 3 months or can I start trying after one cycle. ( not saying I would but, depending on how I feel).

I think some doctors say a certain amount of time to give your body a break and make sure your cycles are back on track and regular afterwards, and so that if you get pregnant, they can tell how far you are based on LMP. Ultimately I think it's up to you, i would keep trying :) but that's just my personal opinion, I've read that you're more fertile after a MC, because your body is all ready to go with a pregnancy.

My Doctors have said that too, but when pushed to answer 'Are there any risks involved? Is there a greater risk of miscarriage?' etc they admit that there aren't greater risks. Many of them say it to help you to be emotionaly ready as well. My GP agreed that for me the best thing is to get pregnant again asap. So that's what my plan is!

i had a mc in january, and my doctor also told me 3 months. we didn't wait, though. i had a natural miscarriage at home. we didn't end up getting pregnant until july, so i'm glad i didn't wait any longer.

We Ttc straight away. Didn't even wait for first Af.

No reason to wait except for dating I think
It will be hard to know if things are progressing right next time if u don't wait for one af.
It can be harder mentally then on u xxx
For me id wait one cos I want to be sure no retained product and all cleared out ( for want of nicer phrasing)
And for my own peace of mind to date and check pregnancy
But my bro has a little girl conceived before af after a mc
So it def can work out fine that way xxx
Best of luck whichever u decide x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79