TTC after mmc 8 months ago

littleD

Reaction score
Hi everyone, am new to this site today and am just wondering if anyone has a similar story to me, am depserate for stories of hope. I got pregnant in may last year just 6 weeks after coming off the pill. I had an early scan at 7 weeks where everything was fine only to return for the 12 week scan to find my baby had died at 8wks5days. I was devasted and chose to have medical management to remove my baby. It is now 8 months later and despite ttc for the last 7 months i`m still not pregnant. My periods are lik clockwork and initial tests show i`m ovulating and my hormones are back to normal so why am i still not pregnant when it happened so quickly the first time. Cant help thinking there is something wrong!

Hey littleD and welcome to the site, you'll find lots of ladies with similar stories here who can offer you both help and hope! I also had a MMC at 12 weeks (although never got to see the heartbeat) and have been TTC for 5 months since with no luck so far. It's great news that you are regular and everything seems to be working - its just the same old chestnut, a matter of time. 8 months is not so long even if you were trying for the first time with no hiccups. MC tends to throw things up in the air so its even less time when you think of it that way. Even as I type this I think I should practice what I preach as each month that passes I also worry things aren't right, we just can't help ourselves! Anyway, I hope you won't be waiting for too much longer and that we can help make the wait a bit easier - we're a friendly bunch and even on the darkest days, someone on here will make you smile - promise! x

Hi && welcome to the site, you'll find everyones extremley helpful and friendly :thumbup:
Like your self my periods were like clockwork, and i feel pregnant as soon as i had the implant taking out sadly i m/c and fell pregnant again 2 months later sadly i m/c again its now been over a year TTC since the m/c. its so frustrating taking a long time to get pregnant but i think doctors say normally 1 year depending on your age.
Wishing u a sticky bean very soon :hugs:

Hey littleD and welcome to the site, you'll find lots of ladies with similar stories here who can offer you both help and hope! I also had a MMC at 12 weeks (although never got to see the heartbeat) and have been TTC for 5 months since with no luck so far. It's great news that you are regular and everything seems to be working - its just the same old chestnut, a matter of time. 8 months is not so long even if you were trying for the first time with no hiccups. MC tends to throw things up in the air so its even less time when you think of it that way. Even as I type this I think I should practice what I preach as each month that passes I also worry things aren't right, we just can't help ourselves! Anyway, I hope you won't be waiting for too much longer and that we can help make the wait a bit easier - we're a friendly bunch and even on the darkest days, someone on here will make you smile - promise! x

Hey, thank you for your welcome and kind words, its a comfort to know i`m not the only going through this. Think its just hard sometimes cos i cant help thinking my baby would`ve been 2 months old now and nobody can prepare you for a scan that is supposed to be one of the most exciting days of your life only to find out that your dream actually ended weeks ago. I wish i could just get to a point where i relax more about it as am well aware that stress can make it harder to conceive but its hard so am open to any suggestions any of how may have xx

Hi && welcome to the site, you'll find everyones extremley helpful and friendly :thumbup:
Like your self my periods were like clockwork, and i feel pregnant as soon as i had the implant taking out sadly i m/c and fell pregnant again 2 months later sadly i m/c again its now been over a year TTC since the m/c. its so frustrating taking a long time to get pregnant but i think doctors say normally 1 year depending on your age.
Wishing u a sticky bean very soon :hugs:

Hey, thank you for getting back to me so quickly, whilst its heartbreaking that we are talking through such tragic circumstances its such a comfort to know i am not on my own. I am so sorry for your losses, one mc was hard enough so to have to go through two must have taken you to hell and back, unless anybody has lost a baby nobody knows how we truly feel and i think we all have days where nobody can say the right thing to us. If i hear 'you`re only young' or 'it happened for a reason' one more time i`ll go crazy. I know people are only trying to help but that was my baby they`re talking about, nobdoy deserves to die without even having a chance to live in the first place. i wish you lots of love and luck with ttc and hope that one day your dream comes true, just remember that you are not alone xx

Absolutely littleD - a terrible terrible moment when the sonographer is saying nothing, moving the scanner around but your heart has already fallen out the soles of your feet and your dreams with it. When I'm really torturing myself I can put myself back in that room so easily. My DH and my doctor have both told me that I need to relax - easier said than done! Two things have helped me - one is accepting that TTC is a damn difficult thing and that its ok to be a bit stressed out by it - just not so badly its out of control. The other is reflexology which I've had a few sessions of. Its supposed to be good for fertility but whether or not that's true (hasn't worked yet!) I find it a great way to have some me-time for an hour every fortnight when I truly relax and be nice to myself for a change. It might not be for you but anything where you can just try and get some peace from the constant pressure of TTC might do the trick. x

Hi girls, I know exactly how you all feel. I have had 3 mc's, the last one was in august 2009. We waited one cylce and then started ttc again with no luck so far :( Hopefully we can all get our :bfp: soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->