TTC after postnatal depression or anxiety/depression?

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have been on BNB since I fell pregnant with my son who is now 19 months old. We always wanted two children and so we are wanting to try for number 2 in the summer. The problem is that I've always suffered from anxiety and it got horrific after my son was born and I've been on antidepressants since he was 4 months old. I need to come off them to TTC and I'm petrified.

Is anyone else in a similar position or been in a similar position? :shrug:
Caroline x

Hiya, although I haven't suffered from post natal depression I have suffered from depression. Have you spoken to your GP about moving off them? You need to do it gradually and thinking about it now should be plenty of time to start trying in the summer. Try not to be scared - TTC can be very exciting (especially if it doesn't take long for you to fall pregnant). Can I ask why you are still on them?
Caroline x :)

Hello fellow Caroline :) I'm Caroline as well!

I'm still on them as I tried to come off in the autumn but I dipped really low and felt terrible so I went back up again. I really really want to be able to live normally and cope without them - it's so frustrating. But I really want to TTC this summer as well and do it without feeling low and feeling like I can't cope.

Thanks for your post - really appreciate it. How do you cope being a Mum with your previous depression (if you don't mind me asking)? Not only are you another Caroline but you're probably just round the corner in Surrey :) x

Hey - my depression was suffering from feeling really low one minute to being on top of the world the next. I'm generally a happy person, always have been but I just didn't like my job...in fact I didn't like working and it's only now I've given up work to be a full time mummy that I'm happier. I don't suffer from feeling low now but I can be a right bitch to my hubby :blush: but luckily after 13+ years together he can handle me!

When I came of the citalopram it felt right, like I was ready to stop taking them. I felt strong enough to do it and didn't want to depend on pills to feel better. I remember being reluctant to take them in the first pleace as one of the side effects said they can make you feel suicidal so thinking about it now I think they can prolong the low feelings. I reckon having the goal of wanting to TTC in the summer is a pretty amazing target - something to feel really positive about.

Oh, and I'm on the Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey borders so you probably are around the corner!!! Where are you? I'm in Camberley.

Would chat more but I'm off to bed and hoping to get some :sex: to catch my little eggy!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"