Me and my fiancé are planning to TTC in
June/July 2010 and I’m starting to wonder
if I should come off them now to get my
cycle back to normal??
Of course we would have to use
other contraceptives but it would
maybe be worth it!?!?
Anyone else in the same position?

Hey I came off cerazette just over a year ago now. It took a good 10 months before i would say my cycles were properly normal and regular again so it may be worth stopping and giving your body some extra time.

Hi, I was only on it for 9 months and stopped taking it 23rd jan... I then had a period or bleed of some sort on the 25th which was light and lasted 4 days I assumed it was my period but then had another bleed started on valentines day which was more of a normal period for me quite heavy and 5 days long. I used opk's this month to confirm I was ovulating and I got a positive opk yesterday so I'm assuming that's me all back to normal! We are ttc and my gp never told me about any of the problems that come with this pill when I told her I was coming off it to ttc. It seems some people have a nightmare some people stop taking it and conceive staight away - fingers crossed we are the latter!

hey all
just joined after reading a few post regarding cerazette and just really needed some info, i have been on cerazette for about 6 years with no periods, just recently got married and have decided to come off the pill, one to give my body a break and two to hopefully try for a baby soon not sure how long it will take for periods to come back or how long i should leave it before we try, doctors have said leave it 2 months before even trying, is this right, how long does it take to come out of your system.

i have read so many different things regading this i am really confused

many thanks

Hi im new to this.
Im 18 and my fiance is 29 and we've been ttc for nearly 8 months now after i was on cerrazette for 1 and a half years. This will be both of ours first baby and ive now reached a point of sheer desperation. Every month i do a test in hope but still no luck, i thought i'd got lucky this month as had abdominal crampig nausea and dizziness plus im late coming on my period but did a test yesterday and it was negative which really upset me as the day before my fiance's sister in law announced she's expecting. My periods wern't regular before going on the pill there roughly every 32 days and it took 5 3 months for them to return after stopping cerazette. Why isn't anything happening? Xx

Hi all really interesting reading all your posts, has given me some hope.

My story is I took my last cerazette pill on new years eve then on the 5th jan 2010 I had my first period which lasted 4days which is how long I used to bleed for before taking cerazette. I took this pill for just under a year. It has now been 3months since stopping and my cycles have been between 28-35days am now waiting to see if AF shows up this month. FX'd it won't. But if it does we will just have :sex: more often :).

Hope my stay here and everyone elses is a short one.

Love Hannah x x x x x

:dust:

p.s I am looking for a TTC buddy if anyone is interested private message me

Hi everyone,

I am new here so wanted to say hi and add my experiences to this thread.

I first got pregnant in 2007 (unfortunately had a MC). I had been taking cerazette for 3 years at the time and when I came off it I had a bleed about 4 weeks later, and then was pregnant 2 weeks after that.

We are now wanting to TTC again, but as my partner is in the forces, we have a time scale in which we are hoping to conceive so that he isnt away when it is born. (that must sound awful-sorry!) Therefore, I am wanting to come off the pill but I am scared that if we dont conceive in the time frame set on us, that I will have to go back on it again and dont know if thats good or not. Unfortunately he goes away for 3 months every 15 months so this is a common problem we are going to face.

Any advice would be appreciated?

x

:wacko:Hi i too came off cerazette at the start of this month and am trying to concieve baby number 3! I fell pregnant a year after taking micronor with then sadly misscarried which was my second m/c then i fell pregant again and m/c again, I then fell pregnant with my daughter who is now 3 thank goodness. I went on cerazette as i was breastfeeding and have been on it since.
I have read alot of stories about people trying to concieve after cerazette and there doesn't seem to be mmany good ones!
My doctor said that the pil is out of your sysytem after 24 hours as it's only the mini pill but i am starting to worry as it took so long to have my second child and my eldest is 10 this year!! And i don't want a massive gap agin this time, as i have not had a bleed yet but I am bloating loads and look about 4 months pregnant! people are looking at me in the playground funny!! unsure whether to ask me or not, you can tell! (Usually I'm a size 8)
Please could anyone help me with some advice

:wacko:Hi i too came off cerazette at the start of this month and am trying to concieve baby number 3! I fell pregnant a year after taking micronor with then sadly misscarried which was my second m/c then i fell pregant again and m/c again, I then fell pregnant with my daughter who is now 3 thank goodness. I went on cerazette as i was breastfeeding and have been on it since.
I have read alot of stories about people trying to concieve after cerazette and there doesn't seem to be mmany good ones!
My doctor said that the pil is out of your sysytem after 24 hours as it's only the mini pill but i am starting to worry as it took so long to have my second child and my eldest is 10 this year!! And i don't want a massive gap agin this time, as i have not had a bleed yet but I am bloating loads and look about 4 months pregnant! people are looking at me in the playground funny!! unsure whether to ask me or not, you can tell! (Usually I'm a size 8)
Please could anyone help me with some advice

have you done a preg test?
When I came off cerazette I had a withdrawal bleed as you would expect and then that was that - I was pregnant with my son who is now 5! I had only been taking it for a couple of months but had been on a combined pill for years before i got changed to Cerazette.

OH MY GOODNESS IM AN THE SAME!!! EXACTLY!

been on cerazette since early december 09.. during wihihc time i didnt have a single period. but did around about th 16th very month ache and go all spotty.. any way stop taking my pill on the 10th so been trying 2 weeks... I had teeniest amounts of slight red blood streaks but nothing really... but last few days i have been like a bear with a sore head and a nail in its foot i have been horrible!!! LOL my poor kids and DP... i have been having pain in my tummy and aching back also really look at 4-5 months preggers and AGAIN have been getting 'is she?' looks in the play ground at school! LOL! im so glad ive found someone going threw the exact same thing... i just dont know where i stand cycle wise!!?? in theroy i or we could already be pregnant but i dont even know when to contemplate testing.... i was thinking just to wait until the 10th next month but didnt wanty to test on DD's birthday!!

we MUST keep in touch... GOOD LUCK TTC!!! x

Hi, thanks for the repl y's love to stay in contact mummybella, it's good to know there is someone else out there like me!!
No not done a test as not sure if ive left it long enough to show up and keep getting aches like i'm going to come on, what to do i don't know?
have you tested yet?

Hi, thanks for the repl y's love to stay in contact mummybella, it's good to know there is someone else out there like me!!
No not done a test as not sure if ive left it long enough to show up and keep getting aches like i'm going to come on, what to do i don't know?
have you tested yet?

hi sorry ofr the delay.. No i havent tested i figred i'd wait until exactly a month after i stopped my pill (10th may) whihc just happens to be my DD's 4th birthday! so hopefully i wil have my BFP! :happydance: and can make the announcement then as will have family around... althought i am half tempoted if i do get a BFP next month to not say anything and wrap upa +ve test and give it to my OH on fathers day!! xx :D Ive nto had anymore cramping but i do feel weird im still moody and my temper is short... but boobs not no other PG signs!! so confusing had a dream i had a BFP last night! was amazing! woke up smilimg then realised it was just a dream :wacko: damn! LOL! xx x x

hope to hear from you soon ive sent you a friend request so feeli free to private /visitor message me instaed xx

hello every1,this is my first message on here so forgive me if i don't make much sense,lol.
in the past i have taken loads of different pills mini and the combined..i have never had any trouble in the past with conceiving the longest it took i think was 2 months(i now have 5 boys),as i am 35 me and my new husband(who is the father to my youngest who is now 4)have decided to try 1 last time,but i have read some of the reviews on cerazette i am a little concerned.I only stopped taking cerazette about 3 weeks ago so still early days,i think i have had a regular period last week which lasted about 3-4 days with a little spotting for a day or 2 after...so i would just like to wish you all the best of luck and hopefully we'll all have bfp very soon x

Had my first period after coming off cerazette last week, Am now hiping that it won't be too long before we concieve as my period started about 27 days after istopped the pill, I didn't bleed while on it so I am hoping that they will be regular as i am charting to hopefully concieve a boy this time as we have 2 girls.
Any advice? I've started eating banannas and salty foods LOL!!

I have just finished my first period since coming off cerazette so hoping can start trying properly this month. Went out yesterday and spent a fortune on ovulation prediction kits (now just realised how cheap they are on ebay, but oh well). I felt absolutely awful for the first few weeks after coming off, so tired, painful bbs, nausea, headaches - that all seems to have gone now. If anyone wants to be ttc buddy, would love someone to chat to about all the craziness. Good luck everyone xx:flower:

HI,

just wanted to give you a bit of hope, I read loads of reviews about cerazette and was so concerned when was ttc. However, even though with my son it took 4 years to have him and 2 for my daughter neither of which had i been taking cerazette, in Nov I stopped taking cerazette to try for our third baby, after reading these reviews i gave us 12 months as i am 35 and didn't want to leave it any longer, i needn't of worried had first period dec and got BFP 28th Feb. Now 17 weeks with a baby boy and due 4th november. Everyone is different please dont worry. Good luck to all of you i have fingers crossed for your BFP very soon

hiya my cerazette story is... stopped taking it in january had a withdrawal bleed a day later which lasted 7 days after those 7 days i felt great my mood was better felt like i had more energy then my cycles went abit here there and everywhere they were coming down 3 days each month!
BUT this month my cycle was exactly how the fertility friend chart looked oved on right days and came on, on the right day so im hoping now (5 months on) my cycles are bang on where they should b and fingers crossed it wont b to much longer for a baby :)

well i'm not quite sure whats going on with me i came of cerazette on the 20th april i had a withdrawl a few days later then a proper af on the 4th of may i had some brownish cm around the 14th (sorry 4 tmi) then i've had nothing since...from yesturday i have had a bruised like feeling about 2 inches below belly button,i dont suppose any1 has any idea's what this could be...its only if i touch below belly button.

there is a thread about belly button pain in the 2ww bit u might find something in there about it

Not all the horror stories are true I got my BFP 2 months after coming off it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->