TTC after the mirena coil

MamaKay86

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm due to have my mirena out so we can start trying for a baby! After reading some information about ttc once it is out I've started getting worried!

I've read that there is an increased risk of miscarriage and that it is best to wait a few cycles before ttc! Has anyone else heard this?

I will discuss it with my gp when I finally get an appointment with him! I'm not overly keen on waiting 3 cycles before ttc but I really don't want another miscarriage so if I have to then I will. I guess I'm just being impatient!

Kay
Xx

Hi Kay,

It wasn't long ago that I was posting the exact same questions so I can relate a lot to your anxieties and concerns.

Some women do go on to have healthy pregnancies straight after coming off the coil, others don't but it's not all horror stories!

I think it is best to wait at least one cycle, to give your womb a chance to thicken, as that's what might cause the miscarriage. Certainly that was the overwhelming advice I was given.

Good luck and sprinkling baby dust when the time is right :)

xxx

I had mine out and got pregnant 2 weeks later after 1 period. My daughter is perfect. This time round I had it out and 4 months later no success. I guess it's wait and see. Best of luck.

Thanks ladies! We have had a miscarriage before and it's not a experience we want again. After talking to hubby he said he to wait for the 3 months! Seems like a life time away but I will be really busy until January anyway so it might be a good idea to wait!
Looks like I'm joining the waiting to ttc for a while x see you soon ladies wish you all the best xxxxxxx

Kay

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->