TTC aids

Layla

Reaction score
HI guys

Im going back to useing OPK this month being as i just missed ovulation last month.

What i also wanted to know is, what is the magic medience thing that i have seen people go on about, does it really work?

Also, AG on your chart, your putting that your taking meds, im sure i saw somewhere that you recomended something herbal?
I might be imaging things so if i am just ignore me lol

I just want to try everything possible to try to fall pregnant this time round, If im on the same cycle as last time, then i will ovulate in around 30 days so that gives me enough time to get my body ready for it.

Thanks

xx

Its Agnus Castus that in taking, cant remember much about it but theres a thread somewhere that has info on it.

I never really noticed much of a difference with magic medicine but it seems to very from person to person.

I read that opks didnt work with those who had pcos and i never had much sucess with them so i stopped using them, the same with a salivascope, it jsut didnt work for me.

Heres some info on Agnus Castus/ Vitex

Abnormal menstrual cycle
One of the first major clinical studies on Vitex was by Probst and Roth in 1954.6 Fifty seven women suffering from a variety of menstrual disorders were given Vitex on a daily basis. Fifty patients developed a cycle in Phase with menses, while seven women did not respond. Of these fifty women six with secondary amenorrhoea demonstrated one or more cyclic menstruation. Of the nine patients with scant or infrequent menstrual flow, six found that they had a shortening of the menstrual interval and an increase bleeding. Most significant was the result experienced by 40 patients suffering from cystic hyperplasia of the endometrium who all developed an improvement in menstrual regularity. This disorder is due to relative progesterone deficiency and mainly manifests as dysfunctional menstrual bleeding. No side effects of Vitex were observed.

Vitex and Infertility
Literature produced by Mediherb7 combines the data from two trials on the influence of Vitex on the corpus luteum. Vitex was used by 45 infertile women between the ages of 23 and 39. The women were considered capable of reproduction and had normal prolactinaemia but showed pathologically low serum levels at day 20 of the menstrual cycle. After three months Vitex treatment was considered successful in 39 of the 45 women. Seven women became pregnant, 25 had normal serum progesterone levels at day 20 and another 7 tended toward normal. This generally coincides with a lengthening of the luteal phase and a positive change in the LHRH test dynamic. The findings indicate an enhancement of corpus luteal function.

hmm, interesting.

how big are the tablets, im a wuss with things like that, if they are big i wont be able to take them

xx

heres the size of mine

https://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/karoline1246/pills.jpg

oo they are caps too! thats even better, i cant take round ones lol

Where do i get them from?

xx

Tell Me to Shut Up if you want but........

Layla, if you're struggling to conceive maybe seeing a Health Care Professional will help (Apologies if you're already going down this route, I don't get chance to read all of the problems TTC section of the forum!), I know some people have more success with their GP than others but I think it should always be a starting point before buying things off the web.

I think the buying of Clomid etc on the web is a bad thing, finding a reliable source etc, but then I haven't looked.

I know this is going to be a contraversal post and I apologise I don't mean to offend, you know me just say what I think.

imthedaddy, the tabs layla is on about taking are a herbal tablet availabe off the shelves :D

Theyre from Holland and Barrett :wink:

ImtheDaddy, Layla suffers from PCOS like me and she has been seeing a consultant (corect me if im wrong on this Layla!)

No over dosing on herbals now :lol:

imthedaddy, i have had PCOS for years but its never stopped me getting pregnant up untill now, i have seen my consultant, i have to go back to see her again in March for some clomid or metformin, but since i have seen her i have ovulated on my own, which is a good sign, so im not sure if she will give me any now, just need to hoe that i do it again on my own this month :)

xx

Arcanegirl said:
Its Agnus Castus that in taking, cant remember much about it but theres a thread somewhere that has info on it.

I never really noticed much of a difference with magic medicine but it seems to very from person to person.

I read that opks didnt work with those who had pcos and i never had much sucess with them so i stopped using them, the same with a salivascope, it just didnt work for me.

my mum takes that she takes it to settle her hormonesshe thinks it good but she is not tcc

Settling hormones is exactly what its good for, and why its good for PCOS sufferers :D

AG any connection to MCs or chemical pregnancies?

Agnus Castus (Vitex/chastetree berry)
This is a very helpful remedy for women who experience miscarriage because of a luteal phase defect (shortened second half of the cycle) or insufficient progesterone levels. It stimulates the function of the pituitary gland, which controls and balances our hormones by producing luteinising hormone. This increases progesterone production and helps regulate a woman's cycle.

In one study on women with corpus luteum deficiency, 25 out of the 35 women normalised their serum progesterone levels after three months of taking agnus castus.

Thanks hun ....

Do you still have a HORRID taste in your mouth?

Nope, ive gotten used to it. If youre eating something and take it in the middle then you dont really get an after taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->