TTC and breastfeeding anyone else?

Mummy2Corban

Mumma to 6
Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I finished taking my mini pill in Sunday so am waiting to see if the witch shows her face. Just wondering if there are any other ladies feeding and ttc?

Xxx

Me! I still feed DD once a day (twice if she wakes at night or is being particularly demanding). This is our first month trying and I'm due on in a few days so we'll see...

Me! Just got my period back last month after two years of being period free. Baby is 16 months and just doing a tiny bit of feeding now!

Love Charlotte x

Well my baby is 7 months and I feed her 4-5 times a day and she doesn't feed at night anymore. Now I've stopped taking the pill we will see if the witch shows up.

Do you ladies do opks or anything?

Xxx

Well my baby is 7 months and I feed her 4-5 times a day and she doesn't feed at night anymore. Now I've stopped taking the pill we will see if the witch shows up.

Do you ladies do opks or anything?

Xxx

I have a clearblue fertility monitor from my last pregnancy. my cycles were longer and irregular (32-42 days) so it helped track a larger fertile window. If you're not sure if AF will arrive yet you could do those cheapy ovulation tests you can get online - you.wont want to spend a fortune on digital sticks if youre not sure if youre ovulating. or you could start charting your BBT and checking cervical mucus (lots of information on that on google). Good luck! I got my AF back at 11months PP but DD was still feeding 4 times a day and once/twice at night!

Well I'm wondering what my cycle will do as before Corban I was 28 day cycle after I had him it was 27 days but I had a molar pregnancy with chemo so before i had indigo my cycles varied from 26-34 days. I used opks then. I may buy some but I'm not sure yet. I think I'll see if AF turns up in the next month or so.

Xxx

Well I'm wondering what my cycle will do as before Corban I was 28 day cycle after I had him it was 27 days but I had a molar pregnancy with chemo so before i had indigo my cycles varied from 26-34 days. I used opks then. I may buy some but I'm not sure yet. I think I'll see if AF turns up in the next month or so.

Xxx

Hope it turns up for you soon. happy new year! Hope 2014 is our year :) x

We're ttc #2. Our baby is 10 months old and I breastfeed him 4x a day and he sleeps 12 hours at night. I went off my mini pill about two weeks ago and no sign of AF and all my opk's have been negative. I've never been this anxious to see AF, lol, but it would mean my fertility is returning :)
Baby dust to all! And happy new year!!

It's all a waiting game isn't it!!! I'm hoping a few weeks brings AF. With my boy I stopped taking the pill and the witch showed her face about 5-6 weeks later. I'm hoping it will be similar. Just gonna have regular sex just encase we can catch that first eggy.

Fingers crossed for us ladies!

Happy new year to you all

Xxx

Hi there Mrs McK I am hoping for a second baby soon! My baby is almost five months and starting to wean to solids and I was struck by your routine. If you don't mind me asking, what is your daytime routine, have you solids, formula or water in there as well? Worried if I give too many solids, baby won't get enough liquid if bf cut down.....thanks :) happy new year!

We're ttc #2. Our baby is 10 months old and I breastfeed him 4x a day and he sleeps 12 hours at night. I went off my mini pill about two weeks ago and no sign of AF and all my opk's have been negative. I've never been this anxious to see AF, lol, but it would mean my fertility is returning :)

there Mrs McK I am hoping for a second baby soon! My baby is almost five months and starting to wean to solids and I was struck by your routine. If you don't mind me asking, what is your daytime routine, have you solids, formula or water in there as well? Worried if I give too many solids, baby won't get enough liquid if bf cut down.....thanks happy new year! Ps good luck with ur ttc this year!!

there Mrs McK I am hoping for a second baby soon! My baby is almost five months and starting to wean to solids and I was struck by your routine. If you don't mind me asking, what is your daytime routine, have you solids, formula or water in there as well? Worried if I give too many solids, baby won't get enough liquid if bf cut down.....thanks happy new year! Ps good luck with ur ttc this year!!

Starting a routine was the best thing I did. It helped me plan my day and figure out what he needed, ie food, sleep, etc.

7a breastfeeds
8a solids
10a nap
11a breastfeeds
12:30 solids
2p nap
3p breast feeds
5:30p solids
7p breastfeeds and then bed

My friends said the best thing to do was to feed him when I had breakfast, lunch and dinner so that we ate at the same time. It makes the day so much less stressful to feed both of us together and it gets him used to eating at the same time as adults.

I made my baby food since it was significantly cheaper (60 cents a day compared to $1.50 a day) and it was convenient to have it already in the freezer and all I had to so was dethawed it. I used wholesomebabyfood.com and it was so helpful!

I started solids at 6 months just because I wanted him to be solely breastfeed as long as possible. (Plus, all the dr's said I couldn't do it because he was too big so I wanted to prove them wrong ;) ) (FYI - he was 10-11 at birth and he is 10 months now and weighs 25 pounds and is in 2T clothes ;) ) I skipped rice and oatmeal cereals because it has been linked to insulin resistant diabetes and obesity so I went to straight to vegetables and fruits.

I started with finger foods around 7.5 months. And I started a sippy cup with water at 6 months. It was mostly "whacking" and dropping it to the floor for a while but by 9 months he could use it by himself.

It's just my opinion, but I kept two things in mind with foods so that I didn't stress out. 1- food before one is just for fun! Breast milk and/or formula is the primary nutrition for babies until after 1. Then start focusing on decreasing breastfeeding and increasing food. 2- they have the rest of their lives to eat food so no need to rush! :)

So I'm sure that is way more info than you ever wanted to know about my routine :) if you have any more questions please feel free to ask :)

Oh, and when I started solid foods at 6 months I was sooooo worried that he would be getting so much less breast milk if he ate solids. The dr explained that from 6-9 months a majority of the nutrition is coming from breast milk and then from 9-12 months they still get a large portion from breast milk but food becomes the more dominate supply of the nutrition. That info helped me relax a lot since I was so consumed with him getting as much breast milk as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->