TTC and Ovarian Cyst Surgery

Ameronica

Reaction score
On Thursday night I ended up going to the hospital after being in severe pain. It ended up being that I had a large hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. The doctors decided to do an exploratory laporoscopy and found that the cyst had ruptured weeks prior. They ended up not having to take my right ovary which was a :happydance: for me since I have already lost my left tube due to an ectopic, and the losing of the ovary would have made it impossible for me to naturally fall pregnant.

I am just confused about how this effects my TTC. My husband and I have been NTNP and full on trying for years and have had no luck. I know with me having only one tube it is a hindrance in general but could a large cyst have been hindering pregnancy?

I have read things that say it can and now it might be easier to fall pregnant, but then I have also read about how the surgery could also make it harder to get pregnant because of scar tissue and damaging eggs inside of the ovary..

My doctor said it shouldn't effect pregnancy at all, but that's the same thing that my doctor after my ectopic said, and obviously that didn't seem to be true.

Has anyone had experience with ovarian cysts and TTC and if so what was your turn out from it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->