TTC Baby #1

TTCBabyG2015

Reaction score
Hello all! Looking for a buddy to go through this all.

Little back story on me, I just turned 32, BF is 32, turning 33 and we're TTC number 1 while all in the middle of working a busy job and finding a new house.

We're on month number 3 of trying and my fertile days start on Sunday. I have not started temping or using OPK's. We're starting our journey very relaxed and hope it's the best approach.

Hope to hear from you soon. Baby dust for everyone and FX.

Hi BabyG!

I'm new to TTC, this is mine and Dh's first cycle trying.

DH is 24 and I am 25. I had a chemical pregnancy last year (we weren't trying) but it really got my hopes up. We weren't financially stable, so we agreed to wait. We are finally settled and ready to start a family! Hoping this process won't take too long! I haven't started temping, although I did attempt to use OPKs, but I'm still trying to figure them out.

I would love to be a buddy if you'll take me!

Your post made me laugh. I would love to be your buddy. Me and my BF are very excited to have a baby but, we're trying to make the TTC part very relaxed. I figured if we start getting too stressed about it, it may not happen. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Hope you're having a great day!

I am from Greenville, South Carolina.

We are trying to take it simple too..One day I started talking about temping and charting and my husband looked at me like I was crazy and I think it may have almost scared him off, haha. This is out first cycle, so we are super ancy and trying to cover all of the bases! I told him we could back off and take it easy after this if it isn't our lucky month.

He originally wanted to start TTC in January, but after much pleading and deliberation, he agreed to start this cycle. We are going to Disney World for out anniversary in October, and I think that's why he wanted to wait, but I just couldn't wait any longer :].

What do you do for a living? I work as a Restaurant Manager for a casual dining concept. Long hours, but for the most part it's pretty rewarding.

Awesome! I'm in Staten Island, NY.

Although we're not married we knew that now would be a great time to start. I'm going to give it a few more cycles (hopefully neither one of us will need it) and if no baby, I'll speak to my gyno and see if there's something else I should be doing. When I was younger I had PCOS, I was extremely over weight (over 300lbs) but, since then I've dropped a lot of weight and AF has been regular for well over a year. Not sure if having PCOS is going to affect us TTC, I hope not.

I work for a firm that makes the legal documents needed in a divorce matter to split the martial assets. I love my job but, it's very stressful. A lot of people think because I work closely with divorce people that I wouldn't want to get married but, little do they know I do. Me and my BF definitely have marriage Plans but, we're doing things a little backwards lol.

Any big plans for the Holiday Weekend?

I have today and tomorrow off. It's a rare occasion that I get any weekend day off so I'm going to spend the days relaxing! Sunday and Monday, though, I am back to the grind of restaurant life!

How about you?

I'm actually off until Tuesday but, we have silly errands to run, lunch with friends, possibly going out with BF's cousin and her BF for her birthday. Need to find time to BD though since my fertile window starts Sunday lol

Sounds fun! Yes, you do need to make time!! haha. We were going to do a yard sale tomorrow but of course it's supposed to rain. It seems to be raining a lot here this year....oh well!

Today we went to lunch, hung out at my parents for a while did some food shopping and I even got a milkshake today lol.

I hope the rain stays away! My future MIL loves yard sales and estates sales so every once in a while I'll go with her, I love it.

I woke up not feeling too well today. Very cranky. Nauseous. Having some cramping in my back and lower abdomen. Not sure what that's about, but maybe its a good sign! I also had some spotting yesterday for only about 10 minutes. I think I O'd early, and if I did I'm only about 5/6dpo. This waiting game is for the birds!

Those sound like great signs!!!! Everything crossed for you. I'm kind of cranky myself today but, I have no excuse lol, just a cranky day I guess.

We all get them at one point or another! I seem to be cranky half the days out of the month! Lol. Today starts fertile days for you, right? FX!

Lol very true! Yes, yesterday was my first fertile day. Hoping this is our cycle. Back to the grind tomorrow, not looking forward to it

I have meetings the next 3 days. All I'm going to be able to think about testing. UGH!

When are you going to test?

I'm hoping we can catch the egg the cycle. I don't get to see my BF everyday. I should be O'ing on Thursday, hoping since we BD last night the guys will be waiting lol.

I will probably start testing on Friday, after all my meetings are over with.

Fx for you and your swimmers! Well, his. Haha!

I'm so excited for you and a little jealous lol. I won't be testing until late September. Not even in the horrid two week wait yet.

Meeting day one over with. Since this is my first cycle trying I undid by think twice about going out after dinner to have a drink (I was pressured) and now I feel like a terrible person. It was only one but still. Day two tomorrow and then home to bed again. These meetings get so tiring!

There is absolutely no reason to feel like a bad person. You only had one drink and honestly I'm sure you needed it lol.

Hopefully today goes by fast for you so these meetings can finally be behind you. I'm hoping 5 comes sooner than later, I'm ready to call it a day.

Good news! We got through our agenda quickly which means no meeting tomorrow! Still have to go into work, though. Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->