TTC baby #2

apoppoff

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm very new to this but I wanted to join a forum where others were dealing with the same thing I was. I'm just going to jump right in and tell you my story and hopefully get some feed back :flower:

I was married previously and was told I couldn't have children on my own so we went and did the whole IVF process without any luck. Going through the process with this man I realized he wasn't for me. So yes a blessing in disguise for sure! We got divorced and I then went on to meet the man of my dreams, and got married. (giving short story obviously...lol) So since I was told I couldn't get married we never used protection, well a couple years after being together we found out I was pregnant at 9 weeks. So amazing and she is our little miracle baby for sure!
when she turned about 1 we started trying again for our second knowing its going to take some time. Well here is is now just over a year and still not pregnant. A couple month ago my doctor put me on clomid I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which means I don't ovulate on my own on a regular basis, so this is where the clomid comes in to basically trigger ovulation. The first month I took only one pill a day for 5 days and it wasn't strong enough. Second month I took two pills and that seemed to do the job of making me ovulate but still no baby! Now to start the process over.

I guess I'm just frustrated and its hard to not stress about it when you want something so badly! anyway thanks for listening and I hope to get some good feedback and excited for this new forum and the support! :thumbup:

Welcome! I'm not dealing with PCOS or anything, but I didn't want your post to go unanswered! I hate it when I post a thread and get 0 replies! :flower:

I'm TTC #2 as well though... but I'm breastfeeding my son (he's 6 months old), and I just started randomly bleeding so I'm waiting for my cycles to figure out what they're doing yet! No idea if I'm ovulating or not. Frustrating, isn't it?

Good luck to you, and I hope you find you enjoy the forum here!

Hello, Im ttc number 2 and I have PCOS. I see you are in the USA, I definitely recommend you take Pregnatude which is a combination of Inositol and folic acid, Inositol has been proven to help ladies with PCOS, not just with ovulating and fertility but all the other problems we have. Or if you'd prefer you can just buy Inositol and folic acid separately, I just bought some yesterday but then I am in the UK and we don't have pregnatude over here. You should take 4gs, with the tablets I have that's 6 a day, sounds like a lot but clinical trials have proven that that dose is very effective for us.

Also recommend you take a high dose of vitamin c, zinc, vitamin E and D...I know it sounds like a lot of pill popping but all can aid fertility...

I'm on my first month of ttc, I'm 16 dpo and getting bfns but no af so feeling very frustrated.

I conceived my son without trying so actively trying to conceive is new to me. Next cycle I am going to temp aswell as that's the best way to check ovulation is occurring, at the moment Im just checking my cm and using opks, opks don't work for all ladies with pcos, as some of us have high lh levels due to high testosterone (the inositol has been proven to lower testosterone and therefore lower lh levels) I however despite being a hairy monster do not have high totesterone or high lh levels, so opks work ok.

Best of luck!!

Oh and this website gives info on inositol:

https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/

Welcome! I'm not dealing with PCOS or anything, but I didn't want your post to go unanswered! I hate it when I post a thread and get 0 replies! :flower:

I'm TTC #2 as well though... but I'm breastfeeding my son (he's 6 months old), and I just started randomly bleeding so I'm waiting for my cycles to figure out what they're doing yet! No idea if I'm ovulating or not. Frustrating, isn't it?

Good luck to you, and I hope you find you enjoy the forum here!

Thank you so much for your reply!! I didn't start having a period until my daughter was 16 months. I'm thinking that's because I started to really only breastfeed at night. Then we started trying again but its been over a year. I am staying positive though. I know it will happen it will just take some time...darn it! HA

Good luck on baby number 2 :)

Hello, Im ttc number 2 and I have PCOS. I see you are in the USA, I definitely recommend you take Pregnatude which is a combination of Inositol and folic acid, Inositol has been proven to help ladies with PCOS, not just with ovulating and fertility but all the other problems we have. Or if you'd prefer you can just buy Inositol and folic acid separately, I just bought some yesterday but then I am in the UK and we don't have pregnatude over here. You should take 4gs, with the tablets I have that's 6 a day, sounds like a lot but clinical trials have proven that that dose is very effective for us.

Also recommend you take a high dose of vitamin c, zinc, vitamin E and D...I know it sounds like a lot of pill popping but all can aid fertility...

I'm on my first month of ttc, I'm 16 dpo and getting bfns but no af so feeling very frustrated.

I conceived my son without trying so actively trying to conceive is new to me. Next cycle I am going to temp aswell as that's the best way to check ovulation is occurring, at the moment Im just checking my cm and using opks, opks don't work for all ladies with pcos, as some of us have high lh levels due to high testosterone (the inositol has been proven to lower testosterone and therefore lower lh levels) I however despite being a hairy monster do not have high totesterone or high lh levels, so opks work ok.

Best of luck!!

Oh and this website gives info on inositol:

This is such great advise! Thank you! I'm surprised my doctor has not told me about this. It definitely sounds like a lot of pill popping but hey if it helps I'm willing to try it! Going to ask my doctor about it as well and look into where to purchase this! Tomorrow I start my 3rd cycle of clomid so I'm crossing my fingers this goes with saying 3rd times the charm!

The opks have worked for me as well so I've been relying on them every month, I think I'll start with taking my temp as well tho just to give me some more incite on when I'm ovulating.

Thanks again for the advise!! :)

You're close to me in location! About four hours away! I'm down around Salem, Oregon.

Temping is such a good idea! OPKs are helpful but tricky!

You're close to me in location! About four hours away! I'm down around Salem, Oregon.

Temping is such a good idea! OPKs are helpful but tricky!

Yes we are very close! We are in Portland maybe a couple times a year. Love it there :)

OPK's are definitely tricky. Sometime I get a couple positives a month but I can also feel when I'm ovulating so that helps also. Its been a little more difficult since I've been taking the clomid but thats where the OPK's come in. :)

Its been a little more difficult since I've been taking the clomid but thats where the OPK's come in. :)

I'm starting my first round of Clomid and I was warned that Clomid can affect OPKs so to wait five days after the last pill before starting to use OPKs just to be safe, so that I won't get a false positive. Also my doctor said that when you have PCOS it's normal to have more than one LH surge or extra long surges, that's why I temp. I get two dark lines on OPKs for like three or four days!

[/QUOTE]

I'm starting my first round of Clomid and I was warned that Clomid can affect OPKs so to wait five days after the last pill before starting to use OPKs just to be safe, so that I won't get a false positive. Also my doctor said that when you have PCOS it's normal to have more than one LH surge or extra long surges, that's why I temp. I get two dark lines on OPKs for like three or four days![/QUOTE]

Oh yay good luck! I was worried about the same thing and doctor pretty much said the same thing yours did. Ugh so frustrating right....wish it was easy and didn't have to think about all this stuff but then again our pregnancy will be even that much sweeter when they happen! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->