TTC baby no 2

I'm in the same situation too! My son just turned 3 in November and I am so excited to try to give him a sibling!! I was also on this site the last time I was trying, I'm sure we crossed paths back then too. :)
I am really hoping for a girl since DH says this will be our last baby, but giving my son a brother would be nice too.

Hey lovelies! I hate this waiting! I've been having twinges and pains all day again and my boobs feel a wee bit funny. Still days until my period is due and I've never wanted that time to come round so fast!

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me joining. I am currently on month 5 of ttc #2. My DS will be three in January. First time around it took us only one month of trying and I stupidly planned it out thinking the same would happen again. As the months go by I worry more that we are going to have problems this time around. It would be so nice to have some friends to talk to who understand. My DH is supportive of my craziness but just doesn't 100% get it like you ladies would!

I am currently 12 days post ovulation. I thought we had a really good chance this month. I was much more relaxed and just felt healthy and like this was our month. I ovulated sooner than usual which was nice (cd 14 when usually I ovulate cd19-21) and we dtd multiple times around ovulation. I have been symptom spotting ever since. 10 days post ovulation I caved and did a pregnancy test. It turned positive and I ran downstairs to show my husband. I was so excited and thought to myself that I knew this was our month. My DH saw it and then within minutes it disappeared. I was devastated :(. It didn't look like the usual running dye line while it is drying, it looked like a true positive. I am happy my DH saw it or I would think I might have made it up! I spent yesterday morning trying to bring my mood back up and came to terms that this just might not be our month. Then I took another test last night so 11 days post ovulation and it was negative. I got my son to bed and as I was going to bed I looked at the test and there were two pink line! I was so excited. I knew it was not considered a valid result as the time had past but I also knew the exact same thing had happened with my son and the next day I got a positive on a first response. I googled it and a lot of posts said that if the line is grey or an indent it is an Evap line but if it is pink it could be the start of a positive. I excitedly went to bed, tried to not get my hopes up but of course I did. Retested this morning and it was negative. So the other was obviously an Evap line ��

I have practically no symptoms at the moment. Had cramping all day yesterday but that is gone now. I did feel constipated, had a bm (sorry tmi) and when I checked my cervical discharge there was a bit of blood there. I usually spot for a day or two before AF so I am pretty depressed right now. I told DH that he must insist that I do not test until my period is due next month as this month was just torture.

I wish you all the best of luck for this month!

11DPO here for me too. Very sore books and been super nauseous last few days. BFN though. Witch due either today or in 2 days time.
It's only month 2 and I am also panicking something is wrong Haha!

I woke up with the 'af is here' feeling. All day I've been bloated and kept checking coz I was convinced it could be hitting me any minute. My boobs are killing me, I'm too scared to take my bra off. I used my last IC yesterday (11dpo) with fmu and it was bfn. I got a superdrug test out today (12dpo) around 3pm but bfn. My temp is still up. I guess it could be dropping tomorrow. I hate this waiting!!!!

I don't do any charting - just go with the flow at the moment. I think my other half would be worried of I started talking temperatures. Honestly girls, my boobs are driving me insane. Everything else I get when I'm coming on but this I don't. I just described to him as it's like I've got popping candy in them. They are tingly and itchy and driving me mad!!!

Yeh the temperature thing is tricky to do without your partner thinking you're a total loony. Because my son sleeps so badly and wakes so early I've set an alarm on vibrate only for 5am each morning to do my temp. Otherwise my son wakes too early on my mornings to get up with him and my temp would be taken at weird times.
I try to take my temp quietly and without my husband noticing Haha!

Hey ladies,

Can I join too? I'm glad there's a thread to baby #2! I feel like it's completely different than trying for baby #1.

My son also turned 3 in September, and we've been trying for 4 cycles, so far no success at all. Waiting for AF to start to get into our 5th cycle, with my son it took 1 cycle, that must have been extremely good luck cause it's definitely been different this time.

I'm a little sad that the gap will be at least 4 years, but it is what it is and I can't change that.I was also on this website 4 years ago when I fount out I was expecting. Really hoping for a girl this time, but really all I want is a healthy baby and pregnancy.

Anyway just thought I'd tell you about myself a little bit.

Hey Campn - welcome! I know what you mean about the age gap although I do think it'll be nice that he's not so needy! Sorry it's taking you longer this time but fingers crossed it happens soon.

Joybell - that is serious dedication to temping!!!

Welcome ladies! It is definitely different trying for number 2. If we get pregnant right away it will be almost exactly 4 year age gap. If it takes longer... well we will see I guess!
Those symptoms sound promising Flutterly and babydream! Hoping to see BFPs pop up on our thread!
Campn I know what you mean about just caring for a healthy pregnancy and babe. I thought it would be cool to have a girl but I'd be happy either way!

I definitely would have preferred a smaller age gap as well but my husband just wasn't ready till now. If I get pregnant this cycle it will be about a little less than 4 years apart :/

Hey all. I am glad to be in this thread. I was also here the last time it was TTC #1. My gal was born in February 2012. i have tried for number 2 for like two years now, i thought i dint have to go through this again like last time. i got a depo shot only two times after my daughters birth and wow it was the worst mistake of my life. i went to see a doc who gave me some pills to remove it from my system. From 2014 i have had the most irregular periods ranging from 25 to 30 days.
i got an MC last year september which really put me down.
Recently i went to the doctor who tells me i have ovarian cyst and put me on Metformin, M2 tone and Biofolic acid...i hope this helps to atleast regularise my hormones!
Sorry for the long post....keep me in your prayers!

Hi, I have a daughter who will be 4 next February. It took us 3years and a mc to conceive her. I was here that time too and found a bunch of ladies I'm still in touch with on Facebook. Yes, we had all that "need a little brother or sister" from a lot of people. My pregnancy was tough with hyperemesis so I was in and out of hospital with dehydration. I wanted to start ttc again a long time ago but hubby is too scared I'd be that sick again and wouldn't be able to take care of our dd. Anyway, I convinced him in June and coil came off. I have ovarian cysts but metformin helped me make them regular. I'm 5 dpo today and so far had a few symptoms but I usually have bad pms with pregnancy symptoms so not very hopeful. But fingers crossed for all of us xxxxxxx

I feel like we're in the same boat. My daughter also turns 4 in feb next year!

Hi everyone! Very similar to a lot of you, I have a son who turned 4 a month ago. I was on this board throughout my pregnancy then. With my son, we didn't even try - it just happened! But now we haven't been using protection for the past 7 months or so and nothing's happened, so this month we are getting serious about TTC. I am actually in my fertile window now so time to get to work :winkwink:
I was a bit worried about the wide age gap but it looks like most of you are in the same boat so that makes me feel better.

So the witch came knocking this morning. I'm out! Cycle day 1 here. Onto cycle 3 which was my lucky cycle last time round. Fingers crossed!

So the witch came knocking this morning. I'm out! Cycle day 1 here. Onto cycle 3 which was my lucky cycle last time round. Fingers crossed!

She arrived in the wee hour of morning too. can we walk this journey together. CD 1 today... I wish you all the best Joybell.....How long are your cycles??

Hi maxina my cycles are around 30 days. Ovulation around CD18. What about you?
Not really disappointed this month as I somehow knew I wasn't pregnant. Good luck to you- where are you from?

Aww ladies, sorry your af came although it's pretty cool how you are both on exactly the same journey! I'm still waiting for mine but I'm still not sure exactly when I'm due
I've been feeling really nauseous the last few days on and off. Still got my fingers crossed that we might be lucky but keeping in my mind that we might not!

Well, my temp dropped way below cover line yesterday so I knew af would arrive today...of course it did! With a bang! :(

Well I'm bummed... yesterday was the big O day and we did the deed several times but hubby could not finish :nope:
My fertile window this cycle is 12/3-12/7 and we did it successfully on the evening of 12/4 and will try again today (last day..), but I feel like it's not going to happen :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->