TTC baby number #1

Kalia101

Reaction score
Hi I'm pretty new to this site and me and my partner started to TTC only almost 2 weeks ago... Long time coming!! We had an ectopic pregnancy in Dec 2010 and my tube was rupturing and I had to have emergency op and my tube removed also found out I have poly cystic ovaries but not the syndrome to be honest I'm not 100% what the difference is, after the ectopic i was to scared to try so we decided to move house, holidays ect and now we are 100% ready I'm now 25 and OH is 30.

I know some of these questions are probably silly but hey ho :)

I'm starting to take folic acid is there any other vitamins I should be taking?

I'm eating healthy i follow the slimming world diet and I am starting at the gym again this week how much excercise is recommended when TTC as I read some where to not over do it?

How often should I be doing the baby dance haha at the moment we are doing it every other day?

Is it true as I only have one tube the remaining tube moves to where ever the egg is being released from?

How do I know when I'm ovulating is it worth buying ovulation kits?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you to anyone who reads this :) xxx

I am new to TTC myself! Just joined the board last night and this is our first month trying. Yesterday was supposedly O-day so I'm now in the TWW. Just wanted to say congrats on TTC and I hope this is an easy process for you!

I have no experience, but I know many TTC women also take pre-natals. Maybe it's for the Folic Acid though? As for working out- I say don't stress your body out too much. Listen to your body and start slow if you weren't working out before. I am timing my BD around my expected O-date. We did it 4, 3 and 2 days before the expected O, as well as the day of. My cycles are pretty regular, but in case I O late we'll BD again today or tomorrow. Some say every other day, some do SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan- sorry can't post the link yet as I have under 10 posts). I obviously don't know yet what'll work for me! I think part of it also depends on you and your partner! How often do you want to do it and what his sperm count is like. Does he need time to "replenish?" I have no clue about the tubes. OPKs... I'm not personally doing them just yet, but if you have an irregular cycle they are pretty much a must!

I am new to ttc too! I am on cd 2 of our 1st cycle and am very excited but also quite apprehensive as its a step into the unknown! It worries me about having fertility problems that we don't know about until we start this journey!

We will bd every other day after AF finishes and everyday around O and hopefully this will be enough. I am thinking about trying opks but never used them before so can't comment on whether they help or not!

Will be nice to have people in the same situation to share this journey with though!

Good luck with your TWW lovelymiss lets try and make this a lucky thread for BFPs!

Hi thank you for both replying :) yes let's make this a lucky thread :) I hope we all get what we want soooon it's defiantly a step into the unknown and having to wait to test I'm so inpatient we started to trying on the 14th which according to a fertility Calender is when I would of been ovulating so we BD every day for 4 days and then every other day since its going to get difficult though as I work shifts n my OH works days so when I'm on nights I'm either going to be waking him when I get in or make him wake me when he gets up but needs must haha

Good luck to both of you and it's so good to have people in same boat on here so we can all chat and ask questions xxxx

Hi Kalia

Welcome. Sorry to hear you had an ectopic pregnancy and lost your tube. Apart from that I also have a blocked tube so kind of relying on my ok one to get me there. I also have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome and I've known this for two years and I still find this very confusing so don't worry. Its good you are reading around knowledge is power.

Yes it is true your functioning tube can sweep up the released egg from either ovary so thats something good.

As for ovulating with PCOS if you look around on here there seem to be natural/herbal remedies that have helped women regulate their cycles and ovulate eg soy isaflavones, agnus castus, evening primrose oil. But if you are undergoing feryility treatment soon you should speak with your docs as some herbs are not compatible with fertility drugs.

I have ovulated so far on clomid and gonal f and that is the only time I have ovulated so I dont really use OPKs unless instructed by the hospital.

Hi MrsAM thanks for the reply, I'm not on any fertility treatment so I may try herbal I spoke to doctors couple of months back and told them we were planning on trying and asked loads of questions because I was curious because of the one tube but she said to try for 6 months if no luck then to go back and they will do sum tests and scan my remaining tube which last time they checked was perfect.
I think I'm going to try for a few months before I look at the ovulation kits and before I try anything herbal but any advice is greatly appreciated :) hope you get a BFP soon xxx hopefully this place will become a place we can all come to to chat :) xxx

Hi Ladies,
Mind if I join? I am new to this website (but absolutely love being able to chat to women all over the world about our journeys), and in my second month of ttc.. AF is due on friday/saturday, so I am very anxious to find out what this month holds in store. It is so hard to not test asap, and to try not to get your hopes up too much ! It is also so very difficult to try to determine if any symptoms you are having could be just pms as well.

& Kalia101, here are a few of my answers to your questions.
- folic acid is a very important vitamin to take, as it contributes to the early tubal development and helps keep away certain diseases. i take a woman's multivitamin daily to be sure i get the vitamins that i need.
- as for exercising, i am not 100% sure on this. i have just been doing my usual, not changing anything. it is always good not to overdo your body anyways, so you should be able to tell if what you're doing is okay or not.
- baby dance as often as you feel fit ! definitely important to try to do it as much as possible about your most fertile days (before o and even the day of/after just to be extra safe). if your husband does have a low sperm count then it may be best every second day so he can "replenish" the army (as lovelymiss mentioned), but for most people it is still ok to do it every day. it is hard to try to not turn it into a chore when you are anxious to ttc. i think my husband is suspecting i must think i am ovulating when i ask to bd, hahah. so try to keep it fun so it is not as much pressure. (apparently relaxing your body is helpful, but who can relax and stay calm when were so excited !)
- i have no idea about the one tube question, sorry
- i tried opk's this cycle but i didnt commit to using them every day, i just used one every now and then when i thought i may be o'ing.. and i found it hard to tell if the line was darker than the other line or not so im still not even sure if it was positive or not! but if i dont get a bfp then i do plan to give them a shot next cycle because i always like to know what is going on inside my body.

happy to follow everybody and very hopeful we all get bfp's soon !!!
baby dust to all :)

Hi newleyweds2013 thank you for your reply.

I hope you get your BFP soon :) it's exciting yet so anxious as I just want to know we only started trying on the 14th which according to a fertility Calender was when my most fertile days were and ovulation so I have my fingers crossed and really want to test my AF is due beginning of July and I already want to test I'm so inpatient haha.

I know I love this site now being able to read others people's journeys and makes you realise your not alone in what your going through.

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up but I am trying to think positive.

Fingers crossed for this month for you :) where in the world are you? I'm in Birmingham in UK

Xxxx

Hi all!

Was wondering if I could join your chat! This is our 1st cycle of TTC and when I say cycle I mean, I stopped Cilest on 13th June, AF on 18th June and we've not started back on the pill and seeing how we go.

I have a friend who also suffered 2 Ectopic pregnancies and lost a tube....She has gone on to have 2 very beautiful children....So there is always hope :flower:

I'm brand new to these forums so I'm looking forward to finding some buddies and helping each through this exciting(and sometime nervewracking, distressing and very emotional) time

Hi sookie889 :) good look on your journey!!

Aww it's so nice to here success stories I'm trying to think as positive as I can but there is a niggle at the back of my mind that's telling me not to get my hopes up.

I'm also new to the forums and looking forward to having other people to chat to who can relate my OH is there for me but he don't understand half of the stuff I'm talking about haha I'm only just starting to get my head around it all.

My AF is due in 3 days I really want to test but I know it will be a BFN as we only started to BD on the 14th June this is the time I should of been ovulating but I don't know for 100% xxx

Hi I'm pretty new to this site and me and my partner started to TTC only almost 2 weeks ago... Long time coming!! We had an ectopic pregnancy in Dec 2010 and my tube was rupturing and I had to have emergency op and my tube removed also found out I have poly cystic ovaries but not the syndrome to be honest I'm not 100% what the difference is, after the ectopic i was to scared to try so we decided to move house, holidays ect and now we are 100% ready I'm now 25 and OH is 30.

I'm eating healthy i follow the slimming world diet and I am starting at the gym again this week how much excercise is recommended when TTC as I read some where to not over do it?

How often should I be doing the baby dance haha at the moment we are doing it every other day?

Is it true as I only have one tube the remaining tube moves to where ever the egg is being released from?

Hay hun and welcome:flower:
I think baby dancing every other day is fine but every second day if dh has a lower sperm count so the soldiers can recharge :haha:
I haven't got a clue regarding your remaining tube sorry hun
I think it's up to you if you want to use opk's I have just started them after 16months!!! of trying I found out I was o'ing a few days later I could kick myself! So don't rely on the ovulation calculators not every women ovulates 14 days before her period....
I'm also in birmingham :thumbup: moved here a few months ago

Sending you lots of baby dust!!....... good luck!! Xx :hugs:

Hi there everyone :)

Thought I would join in this thread as I feel as confused with all of this as some of you!! Me and my partner have been together for 5 are now in our 5th month of TTC and to be honest I'm getting quite anxious about it now! I was on the pill for 5 years before deciding to try for a baby and since coming off my body still hasn't settled into a regular cycle. I have only had 2 periods in the 5 months since being off my pill so it is extremely difficult to work out when I O'd and when my period is due. My partner works very long shifts as a lorry driver so it is even more important that I try to work out the best time to BD as he is exhausted a lot of the time. I have tried checking CM on a daily basis to work out when I may O but I find this very confusing. Any other more effective suggestions on how I could do this?

Good luck to you all ladies :) x

Hi Kalia101,

I can imagine how much you want to test....I get the feeling I'll be the same when I reach that point....I have made a decision to try and wait 14DPO at least...mind u, I technically don't know for sure when I am ovulating so this first month is kinda a suck it n see month lol. Let us know how you get on....ru getting any symptoms?

Hay hun and welcome:flower:
I think baby dancing every other day is fine but every second day if dh has a lower sperm count so the soldiers can recharge :haha:
I haven't got a clue regarding your remaining tube sorry hun
I think it's up to you if you want to use opk's I have just started them after 16months!!! of trying I found out I was o'ing a few days later I could kick myself! So don't rely on the ovulation calculators not every women ovulates 14 days before her period....
I'm also in birmingham :thumbup: moved here a few months ago

Sending you lots of baby dust!!....... good luck!! Xx :hugs:

Aww are u really such a small world where abouts you from if you don't mind me asking? I'm over in kings Heath way..

I'm thinking I will leave the kits for a few months n just try n relax n see what happens n maybe try them in a few months if I don't get a BFP..

Good luck and hope you get a BFP soon :) xxx

Hi tess :) I was also on the pill from when I was 17 for 5 years I came of it 3 and half years ago when I had the ectopic pregnancy I had really irregular periods on the pill when I changed to the patch they were like clock work same time every month I came of the patch 4 months ago even though we only started trying 2 weeks ago and my periods are always a few days late or early and a week late last month it's soooo confusing all this baby making haha

I don't get how some people only have sex once and there pregnant when we are all trying to time it right ect...

I also work shifts I sometimes do nights, days never know where I am from one week to the next and can also work weekends so its difficult to time to BD as my OH works 10 hour shifts Monday to Friday so is always tired we don't BD as much as we did when we first got together and were both always tired haha but this is bringing all that back which is good making time for each other just don't want it to turn into a routine thing and a chore so trying to keep it exciting its hard though with the hours we work and I hate planning to BD it's just not the same it's not spontaneous if that makes sense sorry if that's TMI but does any one else feel the same? Xxxx

Hope we can all get that BFP sooon but atleast we all have each other to go on this journey together :) xxx

Sookie no symptoms yet but by now I usually have cramps as I'm due on in the next few days and iv not had any yet :) x

Well fingers crossed that's a good sign....me n my boyfriend have agreed every other day to BD will be enough for now, he works shifts mon-fri as well.....just gotta look after ourselves n keep ourselves in tip top condition.

I'm a very impatient person, once I've decided I want something I normally want it yesterday so this is going to be a heck of a learning curve for me to stay patient....But I guess it's good practise for when I'm expecting and again for when the baby would arrive...lol

I'm excited to share this journey with u ladies! Lets have a lucky group :happydance::hugs:

Hi tess :) I was also on the pill from when I was 17 for 5 years I came of it 3 and half years ago when I had the ectopic pregnancy I had really irregular periods on the pill when I changed to the patch they were like clock work same time every month I came of the patch 4 months ago even though we only started trying 2 weeks ago and my periods are always a few days late or early and a week late last month it's soooo confusing all this baby making haha

I don't get how some people only have sex once and there pregnant when we are all trying to time it right ect...

I also work shifts I sometimes do nights, days never know where I am from one week to the next and can also work weekends so its difficult to time to BD as my OH works 10 hour shifts Monday to Friday so is always tired we don't BD as much as we did when we first got together and were both always tired haha but this is bringing all that back which is good making time for each other just don't want it to turn into a routine thing and a chore so trying to keep it exciting its hard though with the hours we work and I hate planning to BD it's just not the same it's not spontaneous if that makes sense sorry if that's TMI but does any one else feel the same? Xxxx

Hope we can all get that BFP sooon but atleast we all have each other to go on this journey together :) xxx

Hi kalia :)

Sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy that must have been horrible for you. I really hope things go much better for you in future.

Yeh I completely agree I don't know how others get preg so easily! Probably because they don't put as much pressure on it but its do difficult not to when you want it this badly! I mean my friend started going out with a guy 3 months ago and he was told he had a 5% chance of ever having children so she came off her birth control and a month ago she announced she was preg!! I mean I'm happy for her but I can't help but think how is that fair?? Lol!

Haha don't worry bout it I don't think that's TMI at all. I completely agree. At the moment we are having sex a few times over the weekends as we both work Monday to Friday but during the week finding the time for it is so hard! And as you said, planning it is just not the same.

I just really want my periods to go back to normal so that we can make sure we BD more in the week we need to and then we can chill out haha.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you :) x

Well fingers crossed that's a good sign....me n my boyfriend have agreed every other day to BD will be enough for now, he works shifts mon-fri as well.....just gotta look after ourselves n keep ourselves in tip top condition.

I'm a very impatient person, once I've decided I want something I normally want it yesterday so this is going to be a heck of a learning curve for me to stay patient....But I guess it's good practise for when I'm expecting and again for when the baby would arrive...lol

I'm excited to share this journey with u ladies! Lets have a lucky group :happydance::hugs:

Yeah we have also said every other day, I'm really inpatient I thought I'd be ok with this as iv always thought it will take a long time with only having one tube but iv read all success stories and I just want to be one of them and I'm getting inpatient now it's not good is it we've only been trying 2 weeks haha xxx

I think every other day would definitely be enough fur you to get your BFP! Good luck to you. I just wish I had the time to do that haha.

I'm the same I just want it so bad and I want it NOW lol but I'm trying not to let it obsess me! I'm so glad I joined this forum now because I haven't told any of my friends or family we are trying incase things don't go well but keeping all of my thoughts and worries to myself had been stressing me out which obviously hasn't helped me with my baby attempts. I have a really good feeling about this :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->