ttc bd'ing become too stressful!

Aiysh

Reaction score
well this was some time coming now.. im having problems already trying the bd'ing every other day thing like seriously how are some people doing it? (some couples managing every day). the fact is my husband has a mad work schedule so even though we both COULD technically do that he is way too tired to actually do that. i pretty much dont have a craving for bd'ing every other day and before ttc didnt mind it not being that often. so now its like scheduled bd'ing which is stressing me out that we cant seem to fit it in our lifestyle easily,

how are you guys doing it? is everyone soldiering it through the same way just trying to fit it in at all costs?

arghh!

It is definitely an adjustment. This is my first cycle that we are bding every other day, and sometimes it is tough but we just try to push through. I'm always worried my DH is going to start feeling used haha

lol i know right! it is im getting way too stressed if we miss 'two days its not every other day anymore' haha aww i dont know about your dh but i just let him know weve both got to work for this & he agrees with me & doesnt worry about 'being used' so much. at least we can keep posting about our crazyness on here while we keep at it! xxx

We did eod last month. It was exhausting.
I don't know how people do it either!

I'm not sure our approach for this cycle yet!

are you using opk's? ive been taking the plunge into ttc'ing slowly so i figured next month i may try opk's just to give us a break! lol

You at least have some understanding from your OHs, mine is more for NTNP and is convinced noone else "stresses this much" he doubts everyone he knows with kids put any effort into tracking etc :( I've stopped mentioning baby stuff to him in the hope he'll calm down and not get suspicious when I pounce him :D men are funny creatures but we love them dearly!

WE use opk's and a fertility monitor so we can just focus on the 4-5 fertile days that you can only get pregnant per month - even that gets exhausting [my DH works all hours as well]...but it's easier that EOD! Good luck!

Hi hun, just to say I really do believe in DTD every other day! With my first I did this with no tracking and it worked very well! I also did it this time except I did OPks just because I found it infuriating wasting tests as had no idea when to do one! Even if you can't manage every other day, maybe every 2-3 days? I didn't get a positive OPK this time round until 2 days after my OH went back to work for 3 weeks (works offshore) so that just shows I got pregnant when he left! Good luck x

I've been there! My 1st son was easy to conceive but my 2nd took 5yrs and omg it was a struggle at times,especially with the work schedules. This time around ttc #3 were trying to focus on bd'ing every other day til ovulation time comes and using Opk's. It's tough when you don't feel like doing it.

I understand. Perhaps try the Instead Softcups? He can essentially quickly deposit semen into the cup and then you insert the cup against your cervix for 12 hours, end of story. No vigorous movement, accelerated heart rates, possible vaginal tenderness, or assuming any positions (which certainly can be tiresome) It works conveniently for morning use before work; often men have erections in the morning anyway.

There is zero romance in the act, but there is plenty of time for that on "fun-sex" days.

thanks for all the replies girls, patience: I think that is the best way to go, maybe we stress too much don't know since are all women here hehe! charchar: thank you for the encouraging post! as long we remember the end game it will be worth it. princesa: i use balance activ fertility gel which helps me with the 'wetness' problem it also takes some pressure off as I know i dont have to wait til im fully 'ready' down there so to speak! madetomother: thanks for the suggestion I did consider that the other day I am using the softcups but only after bd'ing at the moment but I will be using that cop out when Im too tired at some point !

Hubby and I have just BD this week a few times as I know when I'm about to ovulate. We too have very different and busy lifestyles. It's hard! Instead of BD every other day, this month it's just the fertile week! I told him last night I bet if I took an ovulation test it will be positive and boom it was!
Good luck this month ladies! Stay positive and let's all try to relax! Ps I've had a wine or two this week also!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->