TTC But confused on if im experiencing AF Or IB

mammabear12

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I am confused on if I am experiencing AF or IB. I had my last period on feb 18 or around there. and the one before that was feb 7th ... and the af before that was about a month before the 7th of feb...last time I dtd was the 28th of feb. before I go into more detail, I am on nexplanon bc (the implant) and 5 days after I dtd I took antibiotics for an infection and diflucan for yeast (sorry if tmi) and those antifungal and antibiotic pills mess up your bc.... now back to the details, 18 days after i started taking antibiotics (for 5- 6 days) i took a preg test (BFN) and when i took it i noticed brown spotting like cervical mucus like discharge. yesterday i had bright red light period and/or spotting (my periods are usually heavy) with very light cramps. now today ( 2 almost 3 days after i first started spotting) its back to brownish red with light cramps . For the whole 2 almost 3 days the bleeding came and went from hour to hour and varied between light and spotting and varied in color. here is more info i feel is important:

i was preg before and i compared the timings of when i was preg the 1st time and what im experiencing now (though i never had bleeding with my first child):

-With my first child-

**my last period was June 1st 2012
-DTD 12 days after last period
-BFP 17 days after DTD
(which is 29 days after last period)

This Time :

** Last period Feb 18th 2015
- DTD 10 days after last period
-BFN 23 days after DTD
(which is 33 days after last period).

my cycle is about 30-33 days long.

And i am still spotting and/or light bleeding and its been 2-3 days now .

Do you think its IB or AF ??
If you think its IB When should i test again??
Also has anyone experienced this and ended up with BFP???
Any thoughts??
Thank you in advance!!

Hey everyone
I am confused on if I am experiencing AF or IB. I had my last period on feb 18 or around there. and the one before that was feb 7th ... and the af before that was about a month before the 7th of feb...last time I dtd was the 28th of feb. before I go into more detail, I am on nexplanon bc (the implant) and 5 days after I dtd I took antibiotics for an infection and diflucan for yeast (sorry if tmi) and those antifungal and antibiotic pills mess up your bc.... now back to the details, 18 days after i started taking antibiotics (for 5- 6 days) i took a preg test (BFN) and when i took it i noticed brown spotting like cervical mucus like discharge. yesterday i had bright red light period and/or spotting (my periods are usually heavy) with very light cramps. now today (2-3 days after i first started spotting) its back to brownish red with light cramps . For the whole 2-3 days the bleeding came and went from hour to hour and varied between light and spotting and varied in color. here is more info i feel is important:

i was preg before and i compared the timings of when i was preg the 1st time and what im experiencing now (though i never had bleeding with my first child):

-With my first child-

**my last period was June 1st 2012
-DTD 12 days after last period
-BFP 17 days after DTD
(which is 29 days after last period)

This Time :

** Last period Feb 18th 2015
- DTD 10 days after last period
-BFN 23 days after DTD
(which is 33 days after last period).

my cycle is about 30-33 days long.

And i am still spotting and/or light bleeding and its been 2-3 days now .

Do you think its IB or AF ??
If you think its IB When should i test again??
Also has anyone experienced this and ended up with BFP???
Any thoughts??
Thank you in advance!!

Ohh btw i been on nexplanon for 2 years... Thanks!!!

I'm think I understood it all, but if you dtd and then tested 23 days later and was bfn and havent dtd since, it shouldn't be implantation bleeding this far out! Keep testing / or see your dr!! I hope you get the answer you want!! Good luck hun!!!

still confused :/ I don't know when to take the test now that im so anxious ... should I was til Saturday even if im still spotting?? I never had light periods before that's one of the reasons im anxious and I had periods since I was 13 years old.. please help!

Thank you so much ! and I was gonna test on the 28 my bleeding started around my af was supposed to come. n it may have came my cycles are 30-33 days so it came wen my expected af was gonna be I heard ib can come wen your af is supposed to come but im confused I never ever had it light! lol but ill test this sat and if its neg ill get blood done

nexplanon can make your periods lighter, do you still have it in or have you had it removed?

x-ginge-x,
I still have it in for 2 years now... but I always had heavy periods the whole time and then after 1 year I had it heavy 2x per month (1-2 weeks apart). this is my first time ever with a light period. that's why its confusing because I thought my body would be used to it by now. What do you think??

Ohh and also in my main thread, when I said I tested for pregnancy and if was BFN, and I started spotting when I took the test and there was brown blood in my urine (sorry if tmi) . But doesn't blood make pregnancy tests negative even if its not the case?? What do you think?? Thank you for your input btw! I need as much input as possible :)

How can you ttc with it still in?? Im Sorry, I'm just confused?!

lol I know at first I was not ttc but im scared to take it out because of the procedure.. sorry if its confusing . and I took antibiotics which can mess up the bc and I was feeling iffy about if my nexplanon was working :/ I am ttc or lets say I don't mind if I conceive lol but I am scared to take it out is the thing but I will have to eventually anyway right :/ I also heard of it failing in some ppl and im a little overweight according to bmi (my profile pic is a year old lol)

If you are ttc, I would definitely recommend you get it taken out, having it in increases chance of ectopic, and also the information says the most common side effect is a change in menstruation!! Hope this helps! Good luck!!

I had the stupid thing in for a year and my periods were all over the place, heavy one week barely there next time, frustrated the hell outta me, got it removed! The procedure is no worse than having it put in :)

see I never had issues with my nexplanon in me except it got more frequent but that was it. I had periods twice a month and then my period would come a month after the 2nd period. and Okay :) ill probably get it removed before the 3rd year. And im starting to think im not pregnant, and I have mixed feelings if I am or not. but we will see anyways to make sure... Since my bc was messing up around the time I was supposed to ovulate (right between my last period and the next one ) Better safe than sorry right?
but have you or anyone else you knew had nexplanon or implanon fail? I am slightly overweight after having this in (26 bmi and - I weigh 151 lbs and I am 5'3") also considering the fact about antibiotics that it messes with nexplanon, that's why I was thinking I was . But now I still have light bleeding (today is the 3rd day ) that's the only reason why im thinking im not pregnant.
right now I just think im contemplating if I should take the test and possibly waste the test or if its worth taking ??? idk anymore lol im so indecisive at this moment!!

I'm Sorry hun, but I'm still really confused, everything I'm reading about nexplannon says it prevents ovulation and antibiotics will not affect it's efficacy since it is an implant under the skin.. I really think in your case your spotting is just af, but stranger things have happened.. go see your Dr and / or take a pregnancy test, and speak to your Dr about removing the implant if you are ready to ttc... I don't know anything other than what I have just read, so I'm Sorry if it's no help!

Hey pink passion. I read on drugs.com that they dont work well together (diflucan and nexplanon) which i took diflucan that day i was supposed to ovulate but i think i dtd to soon . So i guess im not preg. Still didnt get bfp but thats not surprising to anyone lol ill just get my implant removed. Im really considering it now that my periods are out of whack tho i thought my body would be used to the implant by now. Thanks for your input and questions pink passion. And x-ginge-x thank youfor your input as well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->