TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Sorry to hear that Lulu :(

Thanks snowflakes :) Sorry to hear your feeling sad today :( Are you sure you're definitely out...AF may stay away *hopeful*

Welcome Mrs. B!! Glad to have you with us!

Sorry about your cousin Lulu. That sucks bad. Thanks so much for the info. $100 isn't bad. Now just gotta start with getting hubby an appt. He needs one too - he's all out of his tummy med. Perfect timing, I suppose.

I'm in a sad mood today. Boo. My body hates me. I feel like all the conditions were perfect this cycle. Perfect BD, earlier OV & the progesterone. I just don't understand. Stopping the Prometrium today - so AF will be here in a day or 2. I'm finding it tough to be optimistic today. I am starting to get burnt out with all this TTC stuff and appts and medicine and everything.

I am sorry :hugs::hugs:

I know what you mean about getting burnt out. I don't even want to put out the effort to do anything. I am just temping, using OPK's and BDing as much as I can. That is about it. Waiting for the doctor's to tell me what to do because I have no motivation anymore.

Ugh that sucks MackMomma... Weddings are about the bride (and occasionally the groom)!!

I need to rant.

Just found out on Facebook (which I now officially hate) that my 18 year old cousin got his girlfriend pregnant. I called my mom and she told me that he got a new girlfriend and wanted to have a baby with her. They JUST started dating a few months ago, and they are only 18! WTF! So depressed now.

All of my mom's side of the family has gotten pregnant accidentally while teenagers.....even my mom! I guess I didn't get those genes!

:hugs: I know exactly how you feel. About 4 years ago, I found out that my 17-year-old brother had gotten his 15-year-old girlfriend pregnant. DH and I weren't even married yet, the baby was 5 months at my wedding! I was upset when I found out to say the least, and even more upset when my mom was more concerned about what that baby was doing than me on my own wedding day. :cry:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Big hugs, honey!!

How horrible! I would have been pissed! Especially on your wedding day! That is how it is in my family too, I don't have any kids so my sister and her 4 kids are always the main concern. No one is really concerned about me.

I need to rant.

Just found out on Facebook (which I now officially hate) that my 18 year old cousin got his girlfriend pregnant. I called my mom and she told me that he got a new girlfriend and wanted to have a baby with her. They JUST started dating a few months ago, and they are only 18! WTF! So depressed now.

All of my mom's side of the family has gotten pregnant accidentally while teenagers.....even my mom! I guess I didn't get those genes!

:hugs: I know exactly how you feel. About 4 years ago, I found out that my 17-year-old brother had gotten his 15-year-old girlfriend pregnant. DH and I weren't even married yet, the baby was 5 months at my wedding! I was upset when I found out to say the least, and even more upset when my mom was more concerned about what that baby was doing than me on my own wedding day. :cry:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Big hugs, honey!!

How horrible! I would have been pissed! Especially on your wedding day! That is how it is in my family too, I don't have any kids so my sister and her 4 kids are always the main concern. No one is really concerned about me.

I was pissed. :haha: I just had to keep reminding myself that I was getting married to the man of my dreams that day, and she was just a 16-year-old HS dropout with a baby she didn't know what to do with.

:hugs: snowflakes :hugs:

Ok, this sounds like a stupid question but this has never happened to me before. And I just want to know what you ladies would do. (A little TMI)

So I always get HORRIBLE menstrual cramps. They always come about 1-2 hours before AF or right when AF starts. Well this last cycle, I got the horrible AF cramps. So of course I knew AF was coming any time. So I went to the bathroom and put a tampon in. Then took my meds and sat on the couch with the heating pad. Well, a few hours later when I was getting ready for bed I was going to change my tampon right before bed. But there were only a few spots on the tampon. So I went to bed without a tampon. And when I got up in the morning I went to the bathroom and it all came out :wacko:

AF never comes out when I am laying down (of course because of gravity) so I am not sure if AF started in the middle of the night or the next morning. I am not sure what should be CD1 for me. Ugh.

Thanks for the thoughts ladies!!

Lulu - I would count CD1 as the day you woke up and it all came out. AF pretty much always comes to me in the middle of the night. January 1 of this year - AF arrived about 15 minutes after the ball dropped - talk about a shitty way to start the year off!!

Mack - I like your way of thinking!!

Hiya, I'm brand new to this forum so apologies if I don't post in the right place! I came off the pill in May last year and my periods pretty much were regular straight away. Doing the ovulation tests since November and so far have only had one month where there was a definite positive. Starting to get a bit worried now! Am also 30, wondering how long do I leave it before seeing the doctor or do I just keep missing the ovulation window!? x

Sorry to hear you girls are feeling burnt out with all the ttc - but I have to agree, I feel the same. I really don't know what is happening to me this cycle, but it's weird. I started very very light watery brown coloured spotting on Tuesday (7 dpo) and I thought, wooo - this has to be implantation bleeding as I'm 7 days away from af and have never experienced that before. It was very light and only sometimes when I wiped. However, it has continued yesterday and today - so now I'm just worried that I have a luteal phases issue!! Did a test today (9 dpo) and definitely bfn. Totally confused :shrug:

Think if af appears I'll need to see the doctor, as spotting from 7 dpo can't be good right?

Lulu - Personally I would put CD1 as the morning...but I'm never that accurate because I start spotting 1-3 days before AF comes properly so I never really know when the spotting stopped and the AF came on full.

MayaHale - Welcome :) It's possible that you are just missing the surge...it's good news that you have had a definite positive one month. Perhaps try testing twice a day around the time you should ovulate? How long to leave it before seeing the doctor may depend slightly on where you are...ladies from the USA seem to be taken a bit more seriously before 1 year ttc, but ladies from the UK won't get very far until they have been trying for a year or more. I may be generalising here, but that is what I have picked up on (I'm from the UK)

Sandoval - Have to agree, getting very burnt out with the ttc...but we gotta believe it will happen at some point, then it'll all be worth it :) Hmm, seems strange that you are experiencing spotting at 7dpo when you haven't before...I've heard that implantation bleeding can last up to 3 days so it could still be...and if it is implantation bleeding then I guess you will get a bfn because the hormones won't be strong enough to be picked up. FX for you :)

Thanks Mrs B, I'm hoping the spotting stops by tomorrow. I agree with the advice you gave - here in the UK you are definitely not taken seriously before trying for at LEAST a year. I'd say it's because the NHS pays for all the tests etc whereas in the US these things are paid for through health insurance so I suppose they would be happy to test as soon as someone feels necessary?

Thanks Mrs B, I'm hoping the spotting stops by tomorrow. I agree with the advice you gave - here in the UK you are definitely not taken seriously before trying for at LEAST a year. I'd say it's because the NHS pays for all the tests etc whereas in the US these things are paid for through health insurance so I suppose they would be happy to test as soon as someone feels necessary?

Unfortunately, in the U.S. infertility isn't covered :(

It is RARE that you will see someone who has insurance that covers it. My insurance covers 50% but not IVF at all, and I am lucky to even have that coverage! So here, they figure, if you want to pay for it, then go for it!

The only reason I might be seen early is because this is how they diagnose infertility:

-Trying for one year under age 35
-Trying for 6 months over age 35
-Diagnosed infertility problem

Since I got diagnosed with PCOS, they are referring me.

Hopefully we all get our BFP's naturally though!!!! :dust:

Sorry to hear you girls are feeling burnt out with all the ttc - but I have to agree, I feel the same. I really don't know what is happening to me this cycle, but it's weird. I started very very light watery brown coloured spotting on Tuesday (7 dpo) and I thought, wooo - this has to be implantation bleeding as I'm 7 days away from af and have never experienced that before. It was very light and only sometimes when I wiped. However, it has continued yesterday and today - so now I'm just worried that I have a luteal phases issue!! Did a test today (9 dpo) and definitely bfn. Totally confused :shrug:

Think if af appears I'll need to see the doctor, as spotting from 7 dpo can't be good right?

Don't count yourself out yet!!! I have heard that women can have IB for more then one day. Wait a couple more days and then test again.

If AF does show...I would DEFINITELY go see a doctor.

Fingers crossed for you and lots of :dust:

I'm definitely concerned as I spotted for 3 days leading to af last cycle which hadn't happened before, then spotting started 7 days before af this cycle. It seems to have stopped now so I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings.

So happy that your referral has gone in Lulu. Hope it's a quick turn around for you... but I hope more that your natural bfp is right around the corner! x

I am glad the spotting has stopped. Maybe you should go to the doctor's sooner then later. It doesn't hurt to go and see if there is anything wrong. You will feel better if you do!

Still hoping that it is IB for you though. Let us know!

It is RARE that you will see someone who has insurance that covers it. My insurance covers 50% but not IVF at all, and I am lucky to even have that coverage! So here, they figure, if you want to pay for it, then go for it!

QUOTE]

unless you live in a state where it is mandated that they have to provide *some* coverage...i know Ohio is one of them...i cant remember the rest ...ahhh thank you google...Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas and West Virginia..they have different laws that say what is covered though

QUOTE]

unless you live in a state where it is mandated that they have to provide *some* coverage...i know Ohio is one of them...i cant remember the rest ...ahhh thank you google...Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas and West Virginia..they have different laws that say what is covered though

Very few states require it. I am in California, and they require that insurance companies give you the option of infertility coverage, but it is an add-on, and it is up to the employer if they want to pay the extra for it or not...which most don't.

Yeah, I don't think I explained myself well (usual for me ha!) I meant that people in the US have to pay for their health care, so doctors are happy to test early cos if you're willing to pay, then go ahead!! Here, they are much stricter with timescales and stuff... but, I suppose we shouldn't complain since it is free. I think if you are under 35, you can have up to 2 attempts at IVF free on the NHS

Yeah, but don't you guys have to wait forever since it is free? I dont know what is worse, having to wait forever or having to pay. I guess they both suck! Both our health systems should be combined and then they would be pretty good! LOL.

I think that pretty much sums it up...pay lots of money and be seen quicker or get it (mostly) free and it takes ages to be seen! My doc won't refer me for infertility until I have been trying for 18 months because he has recent experience of people being turned down for referrals before 18 months...FX for natural BFP's for us all!!!

Ooo, sounds good Sandoval...FX the spotting stays away now!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->