TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

What exactly is the SMEP?

Congrats to the new bfp's!! I've updated the thread :dance:

Hey Cheryl :wave: that's great you're moving forward and ttc again. Good luck for this cycle! I've heard the SMEP method for ttc is especially successful following a miscarriage? When I looked into it is said that 75% of couples following this plan conceived in the first month after their loss. Good luck whatever you try, I have a good feeling for you x

hey thanks, yeah going to be giving the SMEP a try this cycle... i will get my BFP this cycle as long as i Ovulate:thumbup:

Katikins - Ohhh you trip sounds wonderful. I keep telling hubby we need to get away. I was thinking maybe between his Spring and Summer semesters from school.

SMEP see here: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Cheryl - Good luck with the SMEP - I got PG my 1st time using it but it sadly ended in a MC. I have been doing it for 4 months since my loss.... I'm going to keep doing it til I get that BFP.

Hi ladies just gt my bfp after trying for 8 months hoping u all get urs very soon

Congrats Jrwifey!!!

Sandoval hopefully we'll be putting that up to 8 bfps next week!!!!! :dust:

Congrats JRWifey. Wonderful news!!

BFP's are rolling in now!! Must be the Spring air!!

Lulu - I am thinking of getting my hubby tested. I know yours was prolly covered under insurance. We have really shitty insurance and I figure it won't be covered under ours but did you by chance see how much they charged the insurance company for it? So I can have an idea of what this would cost... if you don't feel comfortable on here... you can always PM me. I hope you don't think I'm being rude. Did you go through a Urologist or did your OBGYN refer you to a lab. How did your process start? Thanks so much huns!

Congrats JRWifey. Wonderful news!!

BFP's are rolling in now!! Must be the Spring air!!

Lulu - I am thinking of getting my hubby tested. I know yours was prolly covered under insurance. We have really shitty insurance and I figure it won't be covered under ours but did you by chance see how much they charged the insurance company for it? So I can have an idea of what this would cost... if you don't feel comfortable on here... you can always PM me. I hope you don't think I'm being rude. Did you go through a Urologist or did your OBGYN refer you to a lab. How did your process start? Thanks so much huns!

Me and DH have different insurance. His might have been covered under his insurance but we didn't go through his because the lab he would have had to drop it off at was too far to do the sample at home. So we wen't through my insurance (Kaiser) and paid cash. The simple basic SA was only $83. I heard they range around $100 so it isn't TOO bad.

My process is a little different since the infertility coordinator required it to do the referral. But this is what we did for DH's blood work. We just made an appointment for him with a regular doctor to get a physical done. There, they run basic blood tests such as CBC, lipid panel, etc. They also did a testosterone test. You should set up a physical for your DH and also request a SA.

Also - the SA is just a lab test, so you just need a doctor to order it. Not sure if your insurance will cover it or not. But even if they don't, like I said, it isn't TOO expensive.

Just start off by making a phone call to a regular doctor :)

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

Hi guys, do you mind if I join? I've been trying to avoid joining the forums as everyone says 'if you relax it'll happen' (if I hear that one more time... :p) but I'm now into my 11th month ttc (only 8th cycle though) so I decided to join :)

Also armed myself with some OPK's and Preseed this month!!

Congrats to jrwifey and everyone who has got their bfps, and good luck to everyone who is still waiting for theirs!!

Hello Mrs. B and welcome! That is good that you got some OPK's and preseed! I hope your stay here is short!

Thanks LuluSS...hoping we can all get some good news this month! :)

Congrats jrwifey!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy 9 months!

A side note...I saw an advertisement for a first response fertility test. Has anyone ever tried this? Not so sure I trust an over-the-counter test..but it had me thinking.

I need to rant.

Just found out on Facebook (which I now officially hate) that my 18 year old cousin got his girlfriend pregnant. I called my mom and she told me that he got a new girlfriend and wanted to have a baby with her. They JUST started dating a few months ago, and they are only 18! WTF! So depressed now.

All of my mom's side of the family has gotten pregnant accidentally while teenagers.....even my mom! I guess I didn't get those genes!

Congrats jrwifey!! Best wishes for a happy & healthy 9 months!

A side note...I saw an advertisement for a first response fertility test. Has anyone ever tried this? Not so sure I trust an over-the-counter test..but it had me thinking.

I thought about trying those before I had any blood tests done. But honestly, I think those tests would just stress you out. They don't actually tell you anything, just that you may or may not have a problem. And it can be false too. The best thing is to get blood tests done. Go to your doctor and say you want a physical done and also want to check your hormone levels while you are at it. Go to the lab on CD3 without them knowing lol.

Sorry to hear that Lulu. It does seem all of a sudden that everyone everywhere is getting pregnant without really trying! But it will happen for all of us, and it will be that much sweeter when it does. :hugs:

Welcome Mrs. B!! Glad to have you with us!

Sorry about your cousin Lulu. That sucks bad. Thanks so much for the info. $100 isn't bad. Now just gotta start with getting hubby an appt. He needs one too - he's all out of his tummy med. Perfect timing, I suppose.

I'm in a sad mood today. Boo. My body hates me. I feel like all the conditions were perfect this cycle. Perfect BD, earlier OV & the progesterone. I just don't understand. Stopping the Prometrium today - so AF will be here in a day or 2. I'm finding it tough to be optimistic today. I am starting to get burnt out with all this TTC stuff and appts and medicine and everything.

I need to rant.

Just found out on Facebook (which I now officially hate) that my 18 year old cousin got his girlfriend pregnant. I called my mom and she told me that he got a new girlfriend and wanted to have a baby with her. They JUST started dating a few months ago, and they are only 18! WTF! So depressed now.

All of my mom's side of the family has gotten pregnant accidentally while teenagers.....even my mom! I guess I didn't get those genes!

:hugs: I know exactly how you feel. About 4 years ago, I found out that my 17-year-old brother had gotten his 15-year-old girlfriend pregnant. DH and I weren't even married yet, the baby was 5 months at my wedding! I was upset when I found out to say the least, and even more upset when my mom was more concerned about what that baby was doing than me on my own wedding day. :cry:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Big hugs, honey!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->