TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Hi girls, well af got me today... again. Now moving into the 6th month of ttc, I know this is not long in comparison with a lot of others, however it feels like it's really dragging now :cry: And I find it hard chatting with girls on some of the threads who are new to the site, only for them to disappear a month later as they have a :bfp:! Of course I'm happy for them, but I'm starting to feel alone here!

So! I'm looking for anyone else in the same boat, to offer encouragement, support, and well, just some good conversation to keep me sane on the rest of this journey! Who's in?!

Dont worry my dear all will be fine with you, i hope you will get your heart desire very soon so chear up.
Beauty35:friends::friends::hugs:

I can't believe I only have one month before my sister in law is starting to TTC. :dohh:
It's so so painful to think she may make my in-laws grandparents before I do.

And everyone will fuss around her... the wedding is bad enough.

I have a feeling this may also be our last completely natural cycle as we have a doc. appt. next week to discuss what to do next.

It's so difficult Ella, I really hope you have success this cycle. You never know, a lot of women get lucky on that last cycle before seeking help - this could be you!

Dh got his 2nd sa results back and they were not good :nope: He has a very low count, with only 2% of 'normal' count with 10% motility. The doctor said it wasn't impossible to get pregnant naturally, but "highly unlikely". He's referred dh to the urologist for more tests but feels we will then be referred for ivf or icsi. I've been really down about it the last few days but am now feeling a lot more positive. We've decided to go ahead and pay for treatment privately, while also being on the nhs waiting list (which I think could be up to 2 years!!). The private clinic could get us started within 3 months so we're going for that. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all you girls in the tww - it just has to be someone's month! x

Rikkitikki - So sorry that you are have been trying for over 6 months. Hope that the Clomid and HSG combo does for you this cycle!

Thanks snowflakes, I really hope this will be the right combo as well. I had my HSG on Monday and I'm still sore! Hubby and I decided to BD today anyway as I'm on CD11 and OV can happen for me a early as CD13 since I took Clomid CD 4-8. Ugh, the things we do to make this work! :dohh:

Oh Sandoval. I am so sorry that the levels from the SA weren't good. Oh man. I am sending you lots of hugs. I am however very happy that you are going the private route instead of waiting the 2 years! Sounds like you have a good plan going already!!

Thanks snowflakes! I'm feeling a lot better about it now, there are a lot worse things in life so just need to get on with it! How's things with you? x

Sorry to hear about the SA Sandoval, but glad you are feeling ok. Let us know how you get on at the private clinic. xx

Thanks snowflakes! I'm feeling a lot better about it now, there are a lot worse things in life so just need to get on with it! How's things with you? x

Glad to hear you are in good spirits. And you are so right that there are def alot worse things in life!!

Things are going good. Just trying to stay chill this cycle. Hubby's aunt flies into town tonight to come and visit for the weekend. He goes for his SA in a week on July 5th. We are going on Vaca next Fri to Mon which is my fertile time to Charleston, SC so I am excited about that. Going to RE/FS July 23rd. Testing a day or so before in hopes of cancelling the appt due to a BFP. That's about it with me!! :kiss:

That's great, hope you enjoy your vacation!! I keep hearing about people booking fs appointments then getting pregnant, so this along with the combination of relaxing on holiday might just do it for you!! I've got my fingers crossed for you snowflakes. And you're right, try to chill out this cycle, might do the world of good.

Have fun with hubby's aunt visiting, check in with your progress soon! x

So I finally got my positive OPK @ day 23 of 30 day cycle.... I'm thinking that this is probably too late for anything proper to happen. I should probably start planning for next cycle.

So I finally got my positive OPK @ day 23 of 30 day cycle.... I'm thinking that this is probably too late for anything proper to happen. I should probably start planning for next cycle.

What's your normal luteal phase? If it's normal then surely you still have a chance to catch the eggy, you'll just have a longer cycle??

My normal is day 14-16 so I'm not sure what's going to happen this month.

I have posted on this thread before! I am returning to re-introduce myself. We started NTNP in November/TTC in January so trying for 8 months. I was just diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism, so that's why I haven't been able to conceive. I just started synthroid to get my TSH level down to 1-2 so that I can conceive, I was told that it would have been "extremely hard" for me to conceive otherwise. I also have an elevated level of prolactin, which apparently could be because of my thyroid. We will be doing another blood test in 6 weeks to make sure synthroid helps that as well, if not I will be getting an MRI, as it could be the cause of my constant headaches.

He also wants to do an HSG test but I am thinking about waiting on that. I think the underactive thyroid was the problem, I don't see the point in the HSG test...? I want to wait until maybe December-January before I consider that, if I'm still not pregnant. I'd also rather do a sperm analysis before the HSG.

Any ladies have any input/advice on where to go next? My IF doctor keeps mentioning the HSG but I just don't want to yet. I'm 21, dh is 25 and we have time to wait on that if it doesn't happen. It's just too much stress at one time, you know? It already hurts knowing if I hadn't charted and noticed an issue, done research, etc. that it could have been a lot longer before I got diagnosed. Also that if it was 100 years ago I'd be infertile

I have posted on this thread before! I am returning to re-introduce myself. We started NTNP in November/TTC in January so trying for 8 months. I was just diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism, so that's why I haven't been able to conceive. I just started synthroid to get my TSH level down to 1-2 so that I can conceive, I was told that it would have been "extremely hard" for me to conceive otherwise. I also have an elevated level of prolactin, which apparently could be because of my thyroid. We will be doing another blood test in 6 weeks to make sure synthroid helps that as well, if not I will be getting an MRI, as it could be the cause of my constant headaches.

He also wants to do an HSG test but I am thinking about waiting on that. I think the underactive thyroid was the problem, I don't see the point in the HSG test...? I want to wait until maybe December-January before I consider that, if I'm still not pregnant. I'd also rather do a sperm analysis before the HSG.

Any ladies have any input/advice on where to go next? My IF doctor keeps mentioning the HSG but I just don't want to yet. I'm 21, dh is 25 and we have time to wait on that if it doesn't happen. It's just too much stress at one time, you know? It already hurts knowing if I hadn't charted and noticed an issue, done research, etc. that it could have been a lot longer before I got diagnosed. Also that if it was 100 years ago I'd be infertile

I've not had a thyroid problem so can't comment on that I'm afraid or offer advice from personal experience. I would suggest seeing what the waiting period for the HSG is before you hold off - you may find that it's a couple of months away by which time you may want further answers. After 10 months of trying I want all the information I can get, so have been for blood tests and DH has been for SA. If I were offered a HSG I'd jump at it(!), but we're all different. If you know it'll be really soon and you feel unready to do it, put it off!

Try not to think of the 'what ifs' - if I felt like that I'd have gone nuts by now. Be thankful we have the technology we have now and that you did the charting in the first place - it's not worth postulating on what it would be like if you hadn't xx

Hi girls,

I had my HSG Friday and all is clear! The test went well and I had hardly any cramping, which I am quite thankful for. DH and I go for our follow up to the RE on Tuesday, and seeing how his SA results were less than average, we are likey headed towards IUI. How is everyone else doing?

Snowflakes - I hope you enjoy your vacation! Lots of stress-free baby making!

Sandoval - Hope things are going ok. Good for you in making the decision to see help now rather than wait. Things will fall into place soon.

Countrygirl - I say you still have a chance. I have had a "late" positive OPK and when that happens my period shows later than expected. Its like the entire cycle shifts. Lots of luck to you this round!

New wifey - 7dpo is much too early to be testing! Stay patient and positive. :)

I've not had a thyroid problem so can't comment on that I'm afraid or offer advice from personal experience. I would suggest seeing what the waiting period for the HSG is before you hold off - you may find that it's a couple of months away by which time you may want further answers. After 10 months of trying I want all the information I can get, so have been for blood tests and DH has been for SA. If I were offered a HSG I'd jump at it(!), but we're all different. If you know it'll be really soon and you feel unready to do it, put it off!

Try not to think of the 'what ifs' - if I felt like that I'd have gone nuts by now. Be thankful we have the technology we have now and that you did the charting in the first place - it's not worth postulating on what it would be like if you hadn't xx

He told me that he wanted me to call him half-way through my period and he would do it between my period ending-ovulation. So I guess he doesn't have any type of waiting list...I'll think about what I should do I guess. I just feel like the synthroid might work, and I'm fairly sure my insurance won't cover the HSG test so I feel like it could be wasted money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->