TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Oh One Bump - I hope that you can get ahold of them soon. I know my OBGYN wanted me to have it done on CD8, CD9 or CD10. Can't wait to hear your results!

Thanks for the hugs Ella! Glad that you can get in earlier for tests! That's great news!

Oh One Bump - I hope that you can get ahold of them soon. I know my OBGYN wanted me to have it done on CD8, CD9 or CD10. Can't wait to hear your results!

Thanks for the hugs Ella! Glad that you can get in earlier for tests! That's great news!

Snowflakes I'm booking for next cycle so on the upside it's around 4 1/2 , 5 weeks away...

Well, it's been a long time since I posted too. I got really down and couldn't face coming online coz every time I did someone in a forum I was a member of got a BFP, and it made me sad. :(

I was getting upset A LOT and realised that it really wasn't normal to feel like this - called the doc, explained how I felt and he booked us in immediately for SA and blood tests. I've already had my day 21 progesterone test, and tests for diabetes, thyroid problems, kidney problems. I am awaiting results. Hubby can go get his SA whenever he likes. He is going to go next Friday.

How do you stay strong ladies? x

I have good days and bad days. I try to stay as positive as i can. But it is so hard. Just found out an ex of mine is having a baby with his wife. That made me realise that even as much as i want to be a Mum i want to be with my DH more. So whatever happens i have always got him regardless of whether we manage to have children or not.

I hope your tests come back with good news and you dont have to wait too much longer for a baby.

Thank you for the kind words and the perspective, Flou. My DH really is a great guy and at least we have each other if we don't ever get the family that we want. There are far worse things in life than remaining childless. :)

Hopeforfuture - Like Flou, I have good days and bad days. More bad days lately. I am finding it hard. I just passed my would have been EDD. And am now over the 1 year mark of TTC. I find it hard to find the positivity in the whole thing. I just keep thinking someday I will have my miracle. I too feel upset sometimes when others get a BFP. But the worst is looking at my co-worker all day long with her belly. :(

BFN for me this cycle. Bummer. Stopping the Prometrium and AF should arrive soon for me. Going to make my appt on lunch for Monday to get my 4th round of Clomid & talk about getting hubby tested.

But good news is that we are going on a vaca to Charleston, SC next cycle during my fertile time so I am hoping that it is just what we need to make a baby!

Snowflakes, I'm sorry you feel like that. I can understand how you feel about your co-worker. Luckily, none of my colleagues are preggers but I have to look the other way or cross the street if I see a pregnant woman or someone pushing a pram. What gets me is when these ladies are obviously not looking after their bodies - where's the justice?!

Best of luck with your appt, and on holiday! Wishing you lots of luck :hugs:

hey guys what blood tests can i get done is there different ones for different cycle days?also after you ovulate when can u start testing?

I have Progesterone done every month on 7dpo.

I have also had Estrodoil, TSH, LH, FSH and Prolactin done all on CD3 (you can also get this on CD2 or CD4).

This website will help you: https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

I have Progesterone done every month on 7dpo.

I have also had Estrodoil, TSH, LH, FSH and Prolactin done all on CD3 (you can also get this on CD2 or CD4).

This website will help you: https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

Thanks snowflakes xx

My blood tests came back OK! I'm so happy I could :cry: !!!

How is everyone doing?

Is anyone in the TWW ATM? xx

I'm in the TWW. Glad to see that your tests all came back OK! Definitely makes you feel better doesn't it? :hugs:

hey guys what blood tests can i get done is there different ones for different cycle days?also after you ovulate when can u start testing?

I was offered the day 21 progesterone test - that will tell you whether or not you ovulated that cycle. At the same time I was tested for kidney function, white cell count, thyroid problems and diabetes, all of which can affect TTC xx

You can start testing from around 11DPO with a good early indicator test.

I'm in the TWW. Glad to see that your tests all came back OK! Definitely makes you feel better doesn't it? :hugs:

Thank you!!! :hugs:

It really does! I'm all shaky and quite in shock still ATM. :haha:

I'm also in the TWW - 11DPO...

CD1 for me. Boo. Hubby has SA on Thursday. Not much else to report. And less than a month now for RE/FS appt on July 23rd.

Found out a friend is PG. I was telling her about my probs and she said they weren't starting for a couple years. Well, I guess a change of mind and 1st month for her did it perfectly... Ugh.

Sorry AF arrived, Snowflakes. The same thing happened to me with my sister as happened to you with your friend. I know how you feel...

My hubby has his SA on Friday - very best of luck to your DH for his. xx

Best of luck to you too Countrygirl! xx

Hi Girls!

Sending lots of luck and baby dust to those in the TWW.

Hope - Glad to hear your bloodwork came back ok! :happydance:

Snowflakes - I'm sorry about AF. :hugs: I know how hard it is to be around others that are pg, and hearing about how easy it was for them. With all the pregnant girls around me (I can count 8), I have no idea how I am staying sane! Your vacation to SC sounds like it is just what you need! Also, thanks for the website. Very helpful!

AFM, My CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound and all came back good. Unfortunately, DHs SA showed that his count and motility was less than normal levels. I go for my HSG this Friday and am a tad bit nervous. Does anyone have any tips for me before I go? We both go to meet with our RE for a follow up next week and from my phone conversations with the nurse it seems they might be leaning toward IUI. Never did I ever think I would be going down this road...

Jumping in here, I'm now at 6+ months and impatient for a BFP! Been monitoring my cycles, 50-60 days or more, no signs of ovulation, just had an HSG today and finished my first round of Clomid yesterday. I'm achy from the test and supposed to BD starting tomorrow, we'll have to see how I feel.
Hubby deploys for 6 months in September and then about 6 months after that we'll be separating from the military and switching up insurance (of which I hear it can be a nightmare b/c of the Clomid thing). Soooo, we're trying to catch our Bean by Septmber, if not we may have to wait a few years which would be really crappy and will bring me to 35/36 years old...

Rikkitikki - So sorry that you are have been trying for over 6 months. Hope that the Clomid and HSG combo does for you this cycle!

Katikins - Take 4 Ibuprofens 1 hour prior to test. Bring your own pad. Good luck. What are they recommending for hubby to do for his lower than normal count & mobility?

So I am so scared and worried about hubby's SA (he goes July 5th) - I just so already know that he has issues even though I don't really know. We never get good news so why should I even hope for good news. I just don't understand why it wouldn't have happened by now with all these months of Clomid and the HSG if he didn't have an issue. I am just so expecting it...

Hi Girls!

Sending lots of luck and baby dust to those in the TWW.

Hope - Glad to hear your bloodwork came back ok! :happydance:

Snowflakes - I'm sorry about AF. :hugs: I know how hard it is to be around others that are pg, and hearing about how easy it was for them. With all the pregnant girls around me (I can count 8), I have no idea how I am staying sane! Your vacation to SC sounds like it is just what you need! Also, thanks for the website. Very helpful!

AFM, My CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound and all came back good. Unfortunately, DHs SA showed that his count and motility was less than normal levels. I go for my HSG this Friday and am a tad bit nervous. Does anyone have any tips for me before I go? We both go to meet with our RE for a follow up next week and from my phone conversations with the nurse it seems they might be leaning toward IUI. Never did I ever think I would be going down this road...

Kati-- Take two Ibprofen about 30 minutes prior to the test. As for the actual test itself my most painful part was getting the tube in, but it kept crimping so that was the issue once they got a new tube I didn't even feel it go in. Take deep breaths and concentrate on something else. Afterwards go home and relax after. You may need a heating pad or hot water bottle. I was up and moving after mine, then again I was up and moving after my hysteroscopy, D&C, and polypectomy too. The HSG tends to clear out any cobwebs in the tubes and I've heard of women getting pregnant shortly after. They may even tell you to go home and have sex, my nurse did. Your cervix remains more open allowing more sperm to make it's way in.

Rikkitikki - So sorry that you are have been trying for over 6 months. Hope that the Clomid and HSG combo does for you this cycle!

Katikins - Take 4 Ibuprofens 1 hour prior to test. Bring your own pad. Good luck. What are they recommending for hubby to do for his lower than normal count & mobility?

So I am so scared and worried about hubby's SA (he goes July 5th) - I just so already know that he has issues even though I don't really know. We never get good news so why should I even hope for good news. I just don't understand why it wouldn't have happened by now with all these months of Clomid and the HSG if he didn't have an issue. I am just so expecting it...

Snowflakes, I so get you - I am scared and also already know pretty well that something's going to be wrong with DH. DH is a wonderful man but he is marred with bad luck. He got a severe testicle injury doing kung fu at 16 - I reckon that's had an effect...

TBH, I don't mind anymore. I just want a baby, and if AI/IUI/IVF is my only option, at least we know now and can make plans for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->