TTC irregular cycle

kelsealeanna

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to the TTC community. This month is the first month we actually decided to "try". I am 25 and my fiance is 27. I have been off birth control for over 3 years now and we used the pull out method up until about 4 month ago. Then we we're just going to "see what happens". Well nothing happened so now I want to actually try. I have had irregular cycles for a few years and have had imaging and blood work done and the doctor could not find anything wrong. I have my period anywhere between 45 to 90 days apart. I recently got a progesterone oil from young living and the first 2 months my cycles we're only 36 days apart. This is my 3rd cycle and I am currently on CD 75!! I have taken multiple pregnancy test and they all have been negative. I took a opk test yesterday and it was negative but today I took 3 and they are all super positive. I just wanted yo get your opinions on how likely it is that I am actually ovulating or close to ovulating on CD 75. I am so ready to be a mommy

I would recommend seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. Your cycles are quite irregular and even if your blood test does not suggest anything is wrong, you still may meet the criteria for PCOS. It's likely you're either not ovulating or missing your ovulation due to irregular cycles. I wish we had sought help sooner, it would have saved a lot of tears and heartbreak.

hey there :) I have irregular cycles too, frustrating isn't it? Have you tried temping or using ovulation prediction kits to check if you're ovulating? Your doctor can also check that with a blood test in the second half of your cycle if you ask for it.
I usually ovulate around CD 28, but the longer your cycles are, the less likely it is that you are ovulating at all, my doctor said - but not impossible!

hey, just read the posts-def sounds like pcos! I too have it-found out from dr after multiple years ( 8 to be exact) ttc #1, and even longer of having no periods at all! strange though, a couple years ago it's like my body just woke up one day and said, "ok I'm going to start doing my job now" and have been having periods roughly 1 to 2 months apart, depending on stress levels. but def check in with your dr. best of wishes!!

hi ladies i am new here and i want to know about ur success stories having pcos. i am having pcos since i was 18. new m 26 n married trying to conceive from december. i had my last period on 28 feb with bcp. then about a month ago my dr put me on metformin 500mg pr day. i tried opk last month before using metformin and i got all negative opks. and this month on metformin i got 1st +opk on 24 april then same on 25 not on 26 and then again darkest evr test line on 27. m having so bad cramps like periods and also very bad backache. about a week ago i had tissue like discharge but now that is egg white like. now any one can tell me what is happening with me. did i ovulate or ready to ovulate plz answer me

Daniaali, I'd recommend you ask your doctor to check your progesterone levels. This will help you to know whether you ovulate or not. I never got positive OPKs, I had patches of fertile CM, but didn't ovulate regularly. For women with PCOS, they recommend TTC for 6 months before seeking help. You might have more luck seeing a gynecologist or reproductive endocrinologist.

Thanks a bunch to everyone who answered. It breaks my heart that everyone can agree that they think it is or could be PCOS. I have read up on it and heard so many story's from women who have it and have struggled getting pregnant for so long. So many deserving women have to deal with this and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. I will schedule an appointment with my gyno to see where to go From here. Thanks again to everyone!

Kelsea, it isn't fair and there are many women who have to deal with this. BUT if I had to chose a form of infertility to have, this would be it. There are a few different options for inducing ovulation and once you ovulate (and if there are no other issues) you generally have a really good success rate. Keep your hopes up that you'll be one of the lucky ones that will conceive with little intervention.

Kelsea, your story sounds so similar to the stories of so many other women on this page. It sounds like you are not Ovulating, checking your progesterone levels is the best way to find out. The good news is there are treatments available for not ovulating, and even more good news is that the success rates are really high! My cycles was anything from 14 days until 60+ days, and once I found Clomid and the right dosage, it took me 2 months to conceive. I suggest seeing an OB or RE and ask them about Clomid / Femara, and if you have PCOS you can add Metformin to the mix too.

P.S. I didnt Ovulate, but was never diagnosed with PCOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->